We don't need an excuse to have fun; the fact that a leap year only occurs every four years is totally a reason to do some fun things.
Of course there's lots of capitalising on the frog theme for a leap year, so don't hold it against us if we use the leap theme a few times.
Here's a list of things you can do to celebrate the leap year with your children.
3. Your children can write or dictate to you, a letter to themselves to be opened on future leap days.
4. Play leap frog.
5. Make a paper bag frog puppet.
7. Then take a quiz about leap years.
8. Watch the movie Leap Year with your 13+ child.
11. It's technically the last day of summer, so make a watermelon frog fruit bowl.