From the absurd to the ludicrous, so much from Alice in Wonderland can be incorporated into a child's birthday party. Couture Event Styling created this "whimsical" Alice party for Beyza's seventh birthday, a day that Beyza and her friends will never forget.
Entering the rabbit hole is a lot more fun with props and costumes, Beyza’s friends were given their own Alice-inspired tutus with matching headbands to wear and take home.
Entertainment for the day included a craft table, an appearance from the Queen of Hearts herself and lots of yummy treats to enjoy. (See photo gallery of Beyza’s Alice in Wonderland party here.)
Send out these cute un-birthday invitations. Simply, download and print as many as you need.
(pic: smarty parties)
Think mismatched teapots and cups, clocks and whacky hats; talking flowers and mirrors in odd places. Let guests follow the White Rabbit with these don’t be late signs. For tea time, have a selection of odd chairs around the table with an armchair at the head. For a simple table decoration purchase some fake flowers and bring them to life by gluing on fake eyes. If the party is outside and happens to be near or under a tree hang some teacups and keys with string from the branches, the kids will think it’s a real hoot.
To help kids step into their silly shoes tell them to come dressed as their favourite Alice in Wonderland character, this Alice dress is adorable. Alternatively, you can provide a table of Mad Hatter hats for guests to choose from or take your lead from Couture Event Styling and provide all the girls with blue Alice styled tutus.
An Alice in Wonderland party wouldn't be complete without something sweet to eat and drink, but be sure to include some healthier options. While you're at it, add some "eat me" and "drink me" labels too.
- Cupcake bouquet
- Home-made rock candy
- cake batter cookie icecream sandwiches
- Rasberry tarts
- Butterfly cakes
- Thai chicken sausage rolls
- Pineapple Polynesian pizza
- Watermelon teapot
- Pink lemonade
- Edible teacups
Most traditional activities can be re-worked to suit any theme, or try some of these.
For older kids, set up a chess board or for added novelty make a huge chessboard in your garden.
Play pin the grin on the Cheshire Cat or pin the heart on the Queen.
A craft table could include some white fabric flowers and red paint for kids to paint.
Play some "I'm late!" racing games.
Gather some teacups, put them upside-down on a table and hide a little white rabbit underneath one. Party guests can take turns in lifting a cup to find the rabbit. The who finds it wins.
Get the look
1. Pink Blossom Baking Cups from Kara's Party Ideas, $3.95.
2. Alice in Wonderland giant cards from Sassaby's Etsy Store, $6.50US.
3. Alice favour bags from CherryPinkPrints, $6 US.
4. Alice in Wonderland tea party bunting from mulberrymuse, $24.95US.
5. Pink party windmills from Pink Frosting, $7.95 for a pack of six.
6. Alice arrows from CherryPinkPrints, $7.50US.
7. Alice in Wonderland eat me tag from PAPERBlanks, $6US.
8. Porcelain tea set, serves four, from Party Supplies Delivered, $12.99.
9. Oopsy daisy giant paper hanging flowers from whimsypie, $33.75US.