If you're getting ready to throw a spooky Halloween bash, then you'll have to add these awesome glow-in-the-dark cupcakes to your list.
The magic ingredient is tonic water, which according to food blogger, Recipe Snobs, causes the icing to glow under a black light.
How? It's all down to the quinine.
Pretty cool, hey? And sure to be a hit with kids - and adults - alike.
To make these glowing, ghostly little guys you'll need:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 7-oz. jar marshmallow creme
- 3 cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup tonic water
- Chocolate chips
Here's what you need to do:
1. Beat butter and marshmallow until fluffy for about 3 minutes, with a hand mixer.
2. Add in half of the icing sugar and the tonic water and beat until smooth.
3. Add the rest of the icing sugar and beat until smooth and fluffy for another 3 minutes.
4. Pipe immediately on baked and cooled cupcakes.
5. Finish with chocolate chips for eyes
And for all your Halloween party needs, visit our Halloween section.