Are you worried about knowing how to tell when your sweet fairy-loving princess reaches puberty? Are you having trouble finding out because said 'princess' is locked up in her room and rarely ventures out?
Here are the signs to look out for:
1. You find that the actual reason your little girl is hiding in her room is because the worst thing EVER has happened. There's a 'pimple-fest' on her chin and her life is, like, totes over.
2. Hormone-fuelled tantrums from your daughter mean that when you ask her how her day was, you're left stunned. Apparently, Sally's not talking to her, Jane texted James when your daughter had asked her not to and Isabella took selfies with Matthew when she totally knew your daughter was in love with him. After five minutes of screaming, crying and 'Bold and the Beautiful'-like drama, somehow it was all YOUR fault.
3. Dressing your daughter goes from strolling hand in hand through shopping centres, choosing pretty dresses and bonding over a latte and babycino the one day, to praying to God that she leaves her bedroom with at least half of her body covered, the next.
4. You switch over to cheap makeup because the $68 Estée Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup seems to have lived up to its name and disappeared, and your $40 Estée Lauder Stay-in-Place Gel Eyeliner, has done no such thing.
5. She never has anything to wear. Um, I'm sure she'll grow out of this…
6. The fact that you GAVE her life means nothing. She just makes it clear that you're always ruining it.
7. After countless nights with your head buried deep in baby name books, researching and searching for the most beautiful and unique first name-last name combo, your daughter starts signing her name off as 'Mrs. H. Styles' or 'Ms. N Jonas'.
8. Privacy is paramount. The next step up in your daughter's bedroom security would be the FBI's facial recognition system. Unless you're bringing in Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream. In that case, you're welcome.
9. You tear your hair out as you hear her use words such as 'amazeballs', 'YOLO' and 'adorbs' until you realise even the Oxford Dictionary has given up and declared them part of the English Language.
10. Frozen in 3D is now replaced by all things 1D.
11. You sit in front of the mirror and practice saying, "Would you like fries with that?", because at the rate she's buying clothes, your day-job salary just ain't gonna cut it.
12. One morning you're French braiding your baby's hair and the next you'd swear NASA could have built another space station in the time it's taken her to finish the 'new do'.
13. BOYS. Need I say more?
But you learn to be patient because you know that your baby will come back, and you'll one day be BFFs again – this time for life.