Due in December, 2012 Chat Thread #15

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#101 Teeny Bopper

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hi All,

Another one who reads all the time but doesn't post very often. Future DS is doing well, kicking a little harder now but still haven't been able to feel him from the outside yet. Damn anterior placenta!!  I'm 23 weeks today and my DH still hasn't managed to feel the baby sad.gif

I've been having a bit of trouble with my boss, who has always been pretty good to me in the past, but now that I'm pregnant, he feels the need to be a complete a-hole for the sake of being an a-hole. He conveniently "doesn't recall" that he agreed to me being able to work 2 days a week from home when I return from my mat leave and I suspect he's limiting my options in an effort to push the pregnant lady out the door. Not really sure what to do about it for now but at least I have the next 15 months to think about it. It was never my intention to return to full time work, but financially we have a lot of plans that require me earning a full time income to achieve. Anyway, I'm sure we'll make do and work something out.

Hope the rest of you are faring a lot better with your bosses!

#102 Leafprincess

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

Teeny bopper- sad to hear the news about your boss, maybe get him to commit to things in writing and speak to fairwork about your rights?

I'm my own boss, I haven't applied for maternity leave yet, but will let myself know shortly  happy.gif

Sarah bubble grreat to hear the news on the SB front, you must be so relieved.

AFM- DP felt the baby move for the first time Sunday morning. It was awesome. Baby has super strong kicks at the moment.

I am into meditiation and thought of using it as pain relief/diversion during labour... Has anyone else used this method?  Not opposed to the drugs either, just thought I'd keep my options open.

#103 KiwiMelW

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hey ladies,

How was everyones weekends

Yip - im doing a calmbirth course, which Im pretty sure uses meditation and distraction techniques to cope with the pain.

Sarah - I have a low lying placenta as well. I wouldnt worry too much about it however we are planned to go into the birthcentre. Which if it stays low lying i will have to transfer to the public hospital and i just dont want to do that. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will all stretch and move away enough. Apparently though as yours is anterior, its more likely to move. Mine is posterior, so less likely but im keeping positive. Having a c-sect was something that I really only wanted to have in an emergency.

AFM - DH and I go to look at baby stuff every weekend and then dont end up buying anything. Its quite funny but we think we should be buying stuf and then just end up putting it back as we know we are just doing it for the sake of it. DS is measuring quite large so I dont want to go ahead and buy stuff that he wont end up fitting.

We do have all the large items
pram
change table
Bouncer
Cot
tall boy
bassinet
A large soft toy lol
breast pump

Plus alot of bits and pieces that our friends have bought for us.

#104 ~A2~

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.