• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#51 Leafprincess

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Stretch marks on my tu my already!  mad.gif

That is all

#52 FourLittleLoves

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Ok list is up to date for everyone who asked for their details to be changed  original.gif

Stardusties I hope you are feeling a bit better this afternoon and that you can get some answers as to why you are feeling like this soon.

Kels22 I have had a few BH that I have noticed (just by my stomach hardening), I haven't had any pain from them though thankfully.

Jlhb Fingers crossed your fluid levels have risen by your scan in 2 weeks and that bub cooperates so you can see if its a boy or a girl.

yipfazel Oh bugger sad.gif but unfortunately for some of us they are inevitable and they do fade pretty quickly.

As for buying things its best to grab what you will need clothes, wraps, nappies etc and then the extras go out and buy them as you need them.

Edited by MrsPotatoHead, 06 August 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#53 aryastark

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Stardusties- Poor thing! Get back to your doctor and get them to fix up that medical certificate so that you have no choice but to stay home biggrin.gif

Kels22- My stomach is always sort of hard now... Especially after eating. I'm huge for 20 weeks, though.

Yip- I've had them since 14 weeks. Inevitable  mad.gif They're quite small though and there's only 2. Doesn't look like I'm getting any more either.

AFM- I went to visit a friend 2 hours away yesterday. I don't know if it was because her child was gigantic or that being in a car for that long just hurt, but my back is absolutely beyond painful at the moment. I even had to take Mersyndol to ease the pain off enough so that I could sleep last night! I don't even like taking Panadol sad.gif

I think I need a proper massage or something. Bad.

Also, I haven't been back to the doctor since my morph (too busy lately) and I got a letter AND a text message telling me to come in for a non-urgent appointment. It scared me so much! Even though they said non-urgent, it just seemed so excessive!! I'm a paranoid person for Gods sake! Couldn't get an appointment until the 17th, either. Bah!

#54 mcchickies

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

original.gif Hi ladies original.gif

Jlhb i hope everything is good  at your next scan , in regards to low placenta , my was low line with baby #2 at my 20 weeks but had risen by 34 weeks , try stay calm , hope its all good original.gif

stardusties hope the dizzy feeling eases , do u have low blood pressure, i get it in pregnancy & have a dizzy spells alot !!!!

Kels22
original.gif what number bub is theis for u??? do u think u feel them quicker each pregnancy? this my 4th & i think i have been getting some tightnings also but not painfull....

AFM .... with having the UTI & antibiotics , i now have thrush rant.gif ouchie ......

hope your traveliing well xx

#55 Kels22

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (mcchickies @ 06/08/2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kels22
original.gif what number bub is theis for u??? do u think u feel them quicker each pregnancy? this my 4th & i think i have been getting some tightnings also but not painfull....

Hi mcchickies this is my first baby which is why I'm not sure what they are.  It doesn't hurt, it's just uncomfortable and it does pass quickly and they're completely random.  I at first thought it was the baby moving into a different spot but then when I felt my whole stomach tighten it made me think it was something else.  I'm pretty slender too so not sure if it's just with my uterus growing and the muscles surrounding it are trying to stretch too to accommodate it.  Who knows!?  The midwife wasn't worried so I guess I'll wait till I see my OB in 2 and a half weeks unless they get worse.  I have asked around here at work and some women said they had them too from early on.

#56 Stardusties

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

Thanks MrsPotatoHead, I'm still feeling yukky, and dizzy to the point of nausea. Not fun at all!

Haha Luna-baby I think I might have to! I'll see how I go tomorrow at work and get back to the Doc on weds.

mcchickies It's not a blood pressure thing, every time Doc has checked it's been perfect.

#57 Jlhb

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

[/size]Louise526 – thanks for your message. Yes I have read on afew forums that dinking fluids can help. I have been super thirsty for the lastcouple of months, so much so they tested for diabetes three weeks ago. Drinkingloads, and going to the toilet more!

Kels22 – thanks for your encouragement. I guess PP is quitecommon for OB’s to see, whereas for us, its all brand new and frightening. Thesonographer asked me if I had been bleeding (probably to ask about PP risk),and then asked if I had been leaking amniotic fluid (because of low fluidlevels). Basic comments which scared the life out of me. I haven’t bled, orleaked, but now im wondering whether im going to!

Stardusties – thanks, yes such a bummer. I have spent thelast 5 weeks reading this forum and seeing everyones morph results so I hadsuper high expectations id see mine today, and I hardly slept last night! Theytried twice for a view – but bubs literally didn’t move. It got itself rightinto a nice tight corner and stayed there quite happily sleeping! Next time imdrinking lots of fruit juice before I go in maybe that will give it a sugarshot and wake it up! Re amnio fluid – yes drinking as much as I can at present.Will be seeing my OB tomorrow to get some answers  so hoping to feel less stressed after myappointment. Is your dizziness related to fluid levels or just a random pegsymptom

IzyBee – Thanks yes I read about that too. I will be havinga c sect in any case due to other complications, but id rather not have the bubcome early AND my private health cover doesn’t kick in until exactly 4 weeksbefore bubs is due!! Fingers crossed…

MrsPotatoHead – thanks for the well wishes. I had alwayswondered if id have a stubborn bubby!

McChickies – thanks. At this stage im not as much worriedabout the placenta position as I am the low amniotic fluid. Ive read nastythings about how the cord can dry up and the bub doesn’t get its nutrients etc.Im hoping im not one of these cases that requires saline to be injected intothe sac so bub has more fluid. Im not diagnosed yet with the severe case of lowfluid, but I am apparently on the borderline.

[size="3"]

#58 FourLittleLoves

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Jlhb @ 06/08/2012, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had alwayswondered if id have a stubborn bubby!

Hopefully not stubborn but peacefully and not easily woken.  biggrin.gif

#59 alirenton18

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Hi everyone,
Just wondering, is anyone else getting bad pain from sitting down? I asked my doctor last month and he said it's the added pressure on my spine, and he said it should pass in a week or so, that was at 19 weeks, now i'm 23 weeks and it's getting so much worse! Everytime I stand up or sit down the pain is really bad. I'm hoping that it will go soon and not continue to get worse...
Apart from that, i'm feeling great and it's good to hear how everyone is going. Very exciting to find out what everyone is having, we are still keeping the sex a surprise original.gif

#60 KiwiMelW

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hey guys,

Do many of you ladies have those movement baby monitor things. Most people I know have them who live in the town I live in  but the baby will be in our room and then the babies room is right by the lounge so i dont really see the need for one.

Then my friend was saying how it helped saved a friend of hers baby life. I dont know if its a need or if I am just being paranoid. Did you guys have them??

#61 Ang1982

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

KiwiMelW- I never had them for my other 3 but they werent around then. I'm getting one this time for peace of mind. You can pick up some excellent second hand ones on ebay.

Alirenton18-I get pain sitting down and standing up too. In my hips,pevis and back. Earlier on it was on when I walked too much but now its all the time. Never had it will my other 3. Its getting worse so I will be asking my ob on Fri whether some phsio might help.

#62 LovelyLoveXx

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hi All,

Just wanted to update we found out that we are expecting twin girls  babygirl.gif babygirl.gif
I guessed right! I am sooooo excited!

mrspotatohead could you please add us to the list?
Thankyou!!

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying being pregnant

Good luck with everything ladies Xx

#63 Nutty nut

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi ladies, loving all the news!

All these aches and pains are quite common I think. I've been doing a pregnancy exercise class since I was about 15 weeks, with lots of core work, and I think it's made a huge difference. I'd recommend anyone with back and pelvic pain to see a physio or other allied health professional. It should help a lot with labour too, I can squat right down to the floor now!

I think it's normal to get some kind of uterine contractions all the way through, it's just that we can't always feel them, so it needn't be a cause for worry.

As for me, I've discovered Internet shopping which is a bit dangerous quite frankly. Especially as I've had a cold and spent a bit more time than usual on the IPad in bed. It's amazing how much harder any illness is to manage when you're up the duff. Bubs is kicking like crazy now, and I swear when I was looking at the hurdles the other day, that's exactly what was happening inside, little, little, little, big! Repeated about 10 times! Still nothing on the outside yet though, which must be the anterior placenta thing. My stomach is now public property at work, which I'm finding a bit disconcerting. I'm also a little bemused by everyone thinking they have the right to comment on my size all the time. Funnily I'm getting both you could hardly tell I'm pregnant, and gee you've really popped, often within 5 minutes of each other! Not sure why it's OK for everyone to express an opinion on my shape, just because I'm pregnant. Glad I don't have too many body issues, or I might be struggling. No stretch marks so far! Fingers crossed....

#64 Izy Bee

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Didn't have a baby monitor with my first, we didn't need it as she was a noisy little bugger...so we won't have one this time....
As for aches and pains..,mostly if we have been for a long walk...I retain quite a lot of fluid, so it's stretch pains ...it seems worse the second time around!

#65 Stardusties

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hi ladies original.gif

Well I made it through work this morning, but just barely! The movement of grabbing the groceries, packing the bag and putting the bag on the end of the checkout ended up making me worse then I was. Bending down is also a no-go now, so if I drop anything it's staying on the floor!

They were pretty good about remembering my breaks because I reminded them to put it on the grid so they didn't forget. Even so it was a struggle to keep going.  I've got tomorrow off thank goodness so hopefully I can get back in to see the doctor and see what he thinks about it all.

Congrats LovelyLoveXx on the twin girls! I bet that's exciting!

Whoever asked about the aches and pains, yes I get them. Mostly in my ribs and hips atm so not sure if it's bubs stretching or what's going on. No stretch marks yet, but I've been told that's likely because my skin is still a bit stretchy from the 15 or so kgs I lost just before I found out I was expecting. We're not getting a baby monitor either- not much need with bubs in my room.

#66 frogcal

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Aches and pains - yep! Sore back and hips if I stand too long, sore back and neck from laying down. And constantly blocked nose and gross green snot, but an improvment from the cough I had for 8 months when pg with DS.
Stretch Marks - only have one small one from DS, but everything seems bigger/tighter this time so not looking forward to them.
Baby monitors - had a audio one only with DS, only used it one night and switched it off as the backgroud noise drove me crazy, though we did have him in our room until about 4 months.
Babies - had 3 friends give birth in the past 10 days, babies everywhere. I have forgotten of course how little a newborn is, and they look so tiny.
AFM- my relaxing week away just evaporated into thin air. My mum is currently at Royal Perth Hospital waiting to have her fractured elbow tended to (fell over last night at work). We are still going but will be attending the injured, instead of the other way round. Can't not go, it would break her heart.

#67 B0612

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hi Ladies!

Once again congrats to those who have found out the sex of their baby/babies!! It must be so exciting to finally be able to purchase goods and decorate nursery's etc in colours/themes which correspond to genders.

Thank you to all the ladies who have commented on the anterior placenta. We saw our little one again on Friday and everything is going extremely well which is fantastic and that evening I felt my very first kick! Was a surreal experience and ever since that night I can feel the odd kicks daily, such a weird feeling!!

I hope everyone is feeling as well as possible and not over doing it. I too find I am more easily fatigued atm and the cramping in my legs and hips is horrible, DH keeps laughing at me when I freeze because of a cramp...if he only knew!!

Have a lovely evening all. original.gif

#68 Guest_louise526_*

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

I have an analogue monitor that is just for sound and it has a lot of feedback and white noise sound so I only ever used it when I was hanging washing on the line or gardening.  I won a digital video one recently so we will give it a go, but in a small house I didn't find a big need for it.

I think your friend might have been talking about the breathing and heart beat sensor pad monitor, I think it goes in the cot or under the mattress.  I haven't used one or heard first hand from anyone who has.  Overall it comes down to piece of mind.  As long as you follow the SIDS safe sleeping advice you should be fine.

#69 Meg88

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

LovelyLove: How exciting to be expecting 2 pink bundles. It's cool when they confirm the gender you were thinking. I'd been thinking boy since 12weeks and it was confirmed at our 20week morph original.gif

Kiwi: I was going to get a sound only monitor but DH really wanted the breathing and movement pads so we went with the Oricom Babysense2 - Got an awesome deal through work thankfully as they are a little pricey. Keep in mind though Oricom is a digital sound monitor also whereas Angelcare is analogue sound so you will be more likely to get interference with analogue monitors.

Re Anterior Placentas - I have an anterior placenta and thought it would be ages to feel bubs but have now been getting movement that I can feel from the outside since 19weeks. DH and my sister have also been lucky enough to feel bub squirm. I'm a little concerned now that I may have a kickboxer inside me being that most of you with anterior placentas are not getting externally felt movement huh.gif
At this stage I'm still loving the movement though, even if it does distract me from sleeping some times hehe

#70 Jlhb

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update as i have to hurry off to work. Had an OB appointment yesterday. A few tears. My amniotic fluid levels are low at 9, when the range is 8-25. So, they have me on weekly ultrasound scans to try to figure out why the levels are low. Ive also been told to take two weeks of exercise and work and lay low - so feeling rather miserable and worried. Saw bubs on the scan again yesterday and he/she hasnt moved position since monday as there is not enough fluid to tumble and turn in sad.gif - i know its just my perceptions, but he/she looks so sad not being able to move. Feel little prods and kicks every now and then but no somersaults. Really hoping that the fluid levels increase in next two weeks...

#71 FourLittleLoves

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

Jlhb  bbighug.gif I hope that two weeks of rest will help with your fluid amount.

#72 KiwiMelW

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Big virtual hugs from my to jlhb!

i know what it feels like to have something to worry about, makes it all so much worse doesnt it.

#73 aryastark

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

JLHB- hopefully the rest fixes everything up. I have a lot of faith in the medical world original.gif stay strong.

AFM- Is it normal to be in absolutely excruciating pain in my lower back and hips? I can't walk upright and the only thing which is moderately working is Mersyndol, which I hate taking (even though it's okay for baby, apparently).

It's enough so that breathing is difficult, too. Any suggestions?

#74 FourLittleLoves

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

Luna-baby you sound like you are in enormous amounts of pain, I have no idea what it could be or what would help what has the Dr said? Would a brace of some kind help?

#75 Stardusties

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

jlhb Fingers crossed your two weeks rest will help with the fluid.

Luna-baby Hope you get some answers soon as well. I've got no clue as to what it could be. Have you asked your doctor about it? Maybe look into a physio of some kind?

AFM Off work again til Monday. Doc thinks I might have a viral ear infection on top of my cold, and because of the history of heart problems is sending me to a cardiologist in the morning to see what they think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.