Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hi again everyone.
I'm fighting an uti right now (yuk) so starting to feel less run down

Here is my bump at 15weeks

click here for pic

#102 *mylittleprince*

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hi everyone

Hope you are all well. Just a quick post from me.

The twins arrived on Tuesday 09th October at 37 weeks and 2 days exactly. I requested an induction and they agreed and said they were going to talk to me about one anyway which is great. I was 3 - 4 cm dilated at my last appointment.

After a horrific birth with DS I was nervous initally (when I found out I was pregnant) but read an amazing book called Supernatual Childbirth, wrote down what I wanted, did lots of research and prayed a lot.

I had the most amazing, empowering birth and really enjoyed the experience. Not something I thought I would ever be able to say.

I had some checks when I went into hospital. My waters were broken but no contractions came even after walking around and bouncing on the fitball. I had a failed epidural after being induced with a drip with DS and spent the entire labour in agony on the bed so was keen to avoid that experience. I agreed to an epidural and then the drip was inserted. They use a very low dose epidural which is self-administered. The key is to feel pressure and light pain but not agony and not jellyfish legs.

Sophie Jane was born 2.5 hours after my first contraction and Asher Robert was born 18 minutes later. I pulled them both out and onto my chest. Has some lovely skin to skin. They took them away for a quick check. Asher was a bit blue and mucuosy. After a quick trip down the birth canal, he didn't have time to expel everything.

I had an episiotomy but it was only 1/3 of my original one. They actually found a cyst behind my episiotomy which is why I have had a bit of pain 3 years later when sitting. They repaired it which is great.

I fed separately on day 1 and from day 2 have fed together. They are very settled, rarely cry and are so happy if they are together. I decided on an early discharge as I was getting interrupted every 10 minutes and barely slept at all

So 48 hours later and we were home. They fed 3 times overnight and I had the best sleep I've had in months. Body is still a bit sore and not as mobile as I would have liked but so good not to be in lots of pain and out of breath.

Twin feeding is great, just hard and lucky to have my mom to help pass them to me. Using lots of cushions, pillows, towels, etc and my mom then takes them, swaddles and puts them down. It really is a full time job.

DS cried initially but was happy to see them when we got home. DH brought Asher in and DS asked where the pink one was. He is very attached to DH and is super jealous if he goes near the babies.

Have to pop off but will come back with more info later.

#103 babycat

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Mylittleprince - Congratulations on the safe arrival of your twins, sounds like a great birth experience.  I can only hope mine will be as good.  Glad to hear they're feeding well and that you're managing to get some decent sleep.

#104 AliGeo

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yay congrates *mylittleprince* eexcite.gif !

Sound like everything went really well for you. Hope you and yours are adjusting well now your home!

#105 dede79

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Yay!
CONGRATULATIONS MYLITTLEPRINCE! biggrin.gif

Sounds Like you had a great birth. So inspiring for us to read that. Can't wait to hear more about feeding and all. Take care!

#106 Alxeen

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hello all! Thought I'd introduce myself.... I'm Alex and I'm expecting DCDA twins in March (and in the March DiG with Reesan - hello there original.gif ) I'm a little late to the party, especially as we found out about the twins at our dating scan at 6 weeks, but I didnt know this thread was here for the first 12 weeks and have since been overseas for a bit. I'm also trying to fit in a full time job and spend time with my DD who's nearly 10. Anyway, I'm 16 weeks and feeling much better now that horrid MS and exhaustion has passed original.gif Twins was certainly a surprise but a happy one as we were planning on adding two more to the family anyway. Initially it was all rather daunting.....since getting BFP I was possibly slightly arrogant thinking 'been there, done that, I know what I'm doing', but one thing I've learnt is that twins news changes everything!! As I'm sure you all well know.

It's really encouraging to hear everyone's experiences. I've still got lots of questions/thoughts but I think I'll leave it here for now. Looking forward to sharing the journey together original.gif

#107 newyearbaby

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

mylittleprince - big congratulations!!!! I'm glad you were able to have a great birth experience and got to go home on early discharge. Enjoy your little ones!

#108 *mylittleprince*

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Hi everyone

Glad to see everyone is travelling so well. Sophie and Asher are 1 week old today and are such a blessing.

Besides 1 unsettled night, they have literally fed and slept the entire week! They take 10 - 15 minutes to feed (together) and feed 2 - 3 hourly on demand. So far they've been roughly in sync, when one cries, I unswaddle the other and then they are both ready which is great. I change nappies first, then feed, then hold upright a bit, then swaddle and put down. I've had my mom to help and last night was my first night that I fed totally on my own and it was fine! I put a pillow on either side of the couch (like those neck ones with the dent in the middle). Then unswaddled one, changed nappy, put on pillow, repeat for twin 2. Then attach b/f twin pillow, put a pillow underneath to elevate and put my feet on a little step. Then position and attach twin 1, then twin 2. Feed, burp, put back on pillow. Swaddle one, then the other. Takes around 45 minutes to 1 hour per feed.

They are incredibly beautiful and just love each other's company. It's almost like they haven't needed me except for feeds! I haven't held them as much as my singleton but try to alternate when I pick them up and have nice cuddles while feeding and afterwards. I can't stop smiling and haven't felt sad or exhausted. Definately tired but not desperate for sleep.

Ethan (3) was initally quite jealous but seems to be doing better. My mo is here for 10 weeks which is a massive blessing as she does most of the cooking, housework, activities and craft with Ethan which is awesome. Going to make the most of repairing my body and falling into a comfortable way of doing things before she goes back and I have to do it all.

Had the child health check yesterday and then 1 week doctor check up today and they are doing well. Both have put on weight, belly button thingies dropped off on day 4, slightly jaundiced but otherwise all well.

We have decided to limit outings and visitors until they receive their first set of vaccinations at 8 weeks. I think some people might be put out but we know of 2 people who don't immunise and I don't want to put the twins at risk and/or have a sick household when we're busy enough.

I know choosing a pram is a big thing so wanted to report back on our Mountain Buggy Duet. We've used it 3 times and it is great! We use it with the SnS Unity capsules and it's so easy to use. We've fit through all the doors we've needed to (is a slight squeeze but ok).

Take care everyone x

#109 Just-one-more

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Mlp!! huge congratulations on your babies, birth and awesome breast feeding work!!

Welcome alxeen too! I've seen u about and wondered if you would join here. I'm in the April group as I'm due 1st April but they will arrive march I guess  original.gif

#110 Tucky

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hello!

Congratulations My Little Prince! I find it so reassuring to read about other twin births and routines once they get home. It makes me feel like it's all do-able  original.gif

AFM - It's been awhile since I posted, seems that life has been a little busy.  Desperately trying to get moved into our house but with a full-time job and three munchkins running around I'm finding that I'm a little tired. Not sure what else I was expecting!

We found out that we're expecting a babygirl.gif & babyboy.gif! Everyone is very excited, especially my daughter who was desperate for a little sister and we've managed to keep the pattern going. I'm on crutches already for my pelvic instability at 25 weeks which wasn't a surprise since I've been on them with two of the last three, it was just trying to stay off them as long as possible.

Due for another scan in two weeks, they're monitoring the boy a bit since he's always been at least 1 week smaller than the girl. So far all has been good but just needs to be watched I guess.

Well, that's probably about it. Good luck to everyone else here!

Edited by Tucky, 16 October 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#111 jess1980

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Well done with the bf'ing mylittleprince I only lasted 2 weeks feeding both Ive now got one on the bottle and bf ing the other and it works well for me. Your so lucky to have your mum there for so long Ive only had help for about 3 weeks thanks god my hubby is a shift worker on equal roster so he works 7 days/ 7 off/ 7 nights/ 7 off so he has been quite helpful its pretty full on when I am by myself though!

#112 dede79

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Good work MyLittlePrince! You're an inspiration!
Glad to hear things are going so well for you and that breastfeeding isn't too much of a struggle. Fingers crossed for all of us. I definitely won't have that much help when the babies come, I'm sure my MIL will do lots but she sure won't be staying with us! And my DH will probably only take a week off since he has his own business and it's in tourism so January will be right into his busy period. Scary!

We bought a house last week, which is very exciting. Settlement is not until 18 December though so I'll be moving at 32 weeks. I'm sure we'll get lots of help from friends and family but it still seems like a crazy thing to do. DS is pretty excited about the move and the new house so that's nice. We'll only need to repaint the twins' room since it's all pink and we're expecting one of each.

Good luck to everyone, hope things are going smoothly!

#113 *mylittleprince*

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Going to try post some pics:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Edited by ~A2~, 17 October 2012 - 09:27 PM.
Edited by A2 to add link as pics too big. Gorgeous babies.

#114 Tucky

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Oh my, how amazingly, incredibly cute!

Silly question, are you sleeping them in the same cot at home or two bassinets? I've heard so many different opinions on it!

#115 newyearbaby

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

mylittleprince - very cute!

Must add - they look more alike as boy and girl twins than my two boys do. Mine don't even look like siblings.

Edited by newyearbaby, 17 October 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#116 *mylittleprince*

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Tucky - they sleep together in a basinette in the day and together in their cot at night after their 7pmish feed. They wake up when they are apart.

#117 Tucky

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Thank you mylittleprince!

That was my plan but someone said to me that they were told by a sleep school it wasn't good. Didn't seem right to me as they would have been hanging around in close quarters for 8 months or so!

#118 ~A2~

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.