Expecting Multiples #115

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#26 stacey82

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Thanks reesan that makes sense, thank you for that information.

Just thought Id add a pic from my scan and see if it looks similar to anyone elses scan at about 6 weeks.

Even though both scenarios arent great for me (either bub with no heartbeat or a fibroid) its the not knowing thats driving me crazy...

#27 reesan

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Quick update from me, scan this afternoon went really well with both bubs measuring bang on 10 weeks and normal heartbeats of 175.

So great to have the piece of mind.

#28 emso

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hey ladies!

I'm currently 7wks 5days and expecting identical twins.

Dh and I managed to get a bfp on our first ever ivf transfer and had a scan last week which showed twins. Our fs sent us for another scan for better images to confirm. So we had our second scan and both babies measuring to dates and nice strong heartbeats.

We are still very much in shock and as this is our first pregnancy we have no idea what to expect.

Hope to shar this journey with all of you!

#29 SoTired

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

stacey82- Congrats on the pregnancy. Sorry cant help you with the scan pic. Maybe you can call your doc and explain to reception the scenario and that you are worried about the results and hopefully they can expedite them for you. It really isnt fair making you wait... Let us know how you go.

babycat- Great results for the scan! Although I found the wait between the NT and morph scans UNBEARABLE!!!! Hopefully you wont find it so tough.

dede79- waves.gif Sent you a PM. I love the pregnancy shorts. I have used them for the 2nd time and they are still supportive. I got measured for mine by them at their baby show stand. She said to go for the smaller size if you were on the cusp of the measurements. I also have their pregnancy recovery shorts for after the babies are born.

*mylittleprince*- Yay for your results!!! I get a sore pelvis/hips too and found I needed a little extra support so my chiro recommended the sacroilliac support belt (they are on the bumpstuff website and arent too pricy). Jess, this might help you as well. I found I had to wear it for shorter periods of time and work up to a full day as it can feel quite restrictive at first. The only thing I dont like about it is that I cant wear it on my skin, so have to take it off for the 1,000 times I have to pee each day! I also wear it at night with a long body pillow between my knees.

reesan- How did your scan go? It cant be easy after those types of dreams. I have woken up in tears too a few times. The funny thing for me this pregnancy is that I was soooooo sick with HG with DD but had practically nothing this time around with the twins. Makes no sense...

How much do people love twins?! I have stopped saying anything but DH (bless him) always chimes in with "its twins" and then the comments/questions keep on coming. Mostly about how busy we are going to be and how hard it will be. Of course, you dont think we know that already?! But what are we going to do- sell one, put one back? Nope, we are going to deal with it as best we can cause we dont have a choice. And we will be fine. A congratulations would be sufficient enough!

Anyway, vent over.

I am 25+3 and feeling pretty good. Have a check up on Wed, another GTT in 2 weeks and a scan in 3 weeks. My bump is growing each week and I am loving looking at the photos to try and spot all the differences.

Its getting a little harder to pick up DD and I definitely have to stop referring to her as "the bubba" cause she aint that small any more!

emso- Hi there and welcome! Just saw your post and had to edit mine to say hi. I think I can speak for most of us when i say that we were all in shock and ran the gamut of emotions before it all sunk in. We still have our moments but I like to think they give multiples to special people like us for a reason! wink.gif Cant wait to hear all the updates!

Edited by gisses, 20 August 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#30 Tomahawk

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hi guys, just letting you know that the twins are doing great  original.gif . It's been a bit over a week that we've had them- we picked them up Saturday 11th. When the hospital decides it it time to go they really want them gone, it went from getting them Monday/Tuesday to Sunday and then I went in on the Saturday and they said you can take them today.
It's great having them home, they are such good babies. The hospital has them used to noise and movement around them all the time which is helpful because trying to get my 2 others to be quiet is impossible and I really don't want them to have to. Looks like they will slot into the family very nicely. It's so nice not having someone else looking after them- it's all me and DH. DH goes back to work this week at one stage so I'll be interested to see what it's like for me then as I am pretty busy now as it is.
Keeping the feeds and sleeps together is really important!!!
I'll keep having a look in here to see how you're all doing. All the best.

#31 newyearbaby

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Hi kath, congratulations. Glad to hear you are home and all is going well. Enjoy it all as time goes way too fast. Mine are 12 weeks today!!

#32 jess1980

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

So had a drs appt today everything is fine had steroid injections today just in case go back tomorrow for the last one. Dr thinks I'll have them around 37 weeks I know I should be happy but I'm just so over this pregnancy and after the last appt he said I'd be lucky to make 36. Just having a crap time at the moment got noone to help me now or after and it's stressing me out! Oh well I'll get over just need to vent today

#33 newyearbaby

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hang in there jess as extra days or a week can make a massive difference to simple things such as feeding. Good luck and rest when you can...

#34 tahliabradby

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Hi all

Im new here & wanted to see everyones journey.

My husband and I have a gorgeous son who is 2.5 & we are 21 weeks pregnant with momo twins...we are super excited to meet our babies!

I have to be monited in hospital from 26weeks until birth and 34 weeks (if babies behave if not we will have to have them earlier)

Its going to be so hard leaving my son at home with my husband...i have only spent a few nights away from him!

Hope everone is well

Tahlia xx  biggrin.gif

#35 tahliabradby

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Hi all

Im new here & wanted to see everyones journey.

My husband and I have a gorgeous son who is 2.5 & we are 21 weeks pregnant with momo twins...we are super excited to meet our babies!

I have to be monited in hospital from 26weeks until birth and 34 weeks (if babies behave if not we will have to have them earlier)

Its going to be so hard leaving my son at home with my husband...i have only spent a few nights away from him!

Hope everone is well

Tahlia xx  biggrin.gif

#36 *mylittleprince*

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

Jess1980 - hang in there, you've done such a great job! It's really hard work being pregnant with twins, isn't it. I"m only 30 weeks and I'm battling - the heartburn, really sore pelvis, shortness of breath and lack of sleep sucks big time! I know every week they are in is better for them, but it doesn't make it any easier for us. Not long to go now.

Welcome Tahlia. When you say you have to be monitered in hospital is that just weekly appointments or actual bedrest?

#37 jess1980

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Thanks mylittleprince was just having a bad day has been a stressful month. My Aunty was diagnosed with breast cancer and is having a mastectomy tomorrow and then my 37 yr old cousin had a stroke and now my other Aunty that was supposed to come up to help me for a few weeks can't come now because she has too look after my grandma as she lives with my Aunty that has cancer. So I really only have one weeks worth of help coming in the first week sept now instead of the whole month, thank god my hubby works 7 on 7 off otherwise id really be stuffed! Im finally kid free today I've had my eldest home with an ear infection but she's all better now at pre primary and miss 3 is a daycare so I'm resting for a change, have organized a cleaner finally that started today so I'm loving my clean house!!

#38 Just-one-more

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Just want to introduce myself.
I'm pregnant with mo di twins which is pregnancy number 4 for us.
Looking forward to following along original.gif

#39 dede79

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the new people in the thread!

Kath - congratulations on bringing your kids home! Nice to hear from people at that stage.

Jess - sounds like you've had a stressful time recently. Hope you can rest until the bubs come.

As for me, I think I'm starting to realize I'll have to slow down a bit. I overdid it on the house cleaning Saturday and could hardly walk Sunday, my back was so sore. And I'm only 16 weeks!! Makes me think twice about moving house... Has anyone moved during their twin pregnancy? I really want to move (we need a bigger place) but am scared it'll be stressful and could cause pre-term labor, or that I'd be knackered, even if I did as little as possible. But the thought of going to inspections and moving with very young twins and my son doesn't sound that easy either.

Work wise, my boss wants me to lock in when I'll be finishing already. I'm thinking I'll say until 31 weeks and I can always go on sick leave before that if I'm not feeling too well. Hard to predict!

Take care

#40 -Pz-

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hey dede - my OB advised me to stop working at 28 weeks. Also check out your workplace's sick leave policy - mine doesn't cover sick leave for "pregnancy related" issues. If I want to finish earlier than 28 weeks, I'll have to get my OB to write another letter & start maternity leave early. Hope that makes sense - feeling abit fuzzy today!

#41 jess1980

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Everything is getting harder and slower to do! got my next ob appt tomorrow morning so I will hopefully have some idea of my c-section date. I'm a bit concerned about it as my local hospital is understaffed at the moment and over 60 babies have been bOrn at it over the last month. I dont want to get sent to Perth because of that so I'll be asking lots of questions tomorrow

#42 newyearbaby

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Dede, I was the size of a full term singleton pregnancy by 28 weeks, so just keep that in mind when deciding. But I know some girls on here worked until 34 weeks. So it definitely varies.

I'm a SAHM and really wish I could have taken maternity leave from about 26 weeks.

#43 jess1980

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

I've just been to the drs and everything is fine. Cervix is still hard and closed dr is keeping an eye on my thin lower segment but it hasn't got any worse which is good. I finally have a c-section date the 13th sept I'll be 38 weeks eeek! but I may have them earlier if I go into labour before so at last the end is in sight!

#44 Just-one-more

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome original.gif
Jess, so glad you have a date! I reckon things are getting very cosy in there!

New year baby: I am a sahm mum too and im already wanting time off lol

I have my first ob appt on thurs, my independent midwife is coming with me so that will be interesting. ive never seen an ob before! ohmy.gif
I really cant wait to have another scan and see these babies again! i am constantly freaking out. I have already had to change into trackies as all my jeans were way too uncomfy!

and we are about to move house too! we are in what is essentially a 2 bedroom right now so we need to move before we turn into a family with 5 kids!!

#45 emso

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Good morning ladies!

slowly getting over the inital shock! Still feels a little surreal though.

Had the appointment with our Ob this week. All went well, got to see the bubbas again and hear thier thumping hearts. Which was pretty amazing.  he also told me that by wk 28 i'll be the size of a full term singleton pregnancy....  ohmy.gif ohmy.gif omg! Im only tiny so im gonna be huge for all of summer.

had my booking in appointment with my hospital this morning, suddenly feels real!

Just a question, im 9wk2days and i wokeup with the worst hip pain this morning, its like i slept funny... Is this normal? Im assuming its just from growth or something. Im not worried but am quite uncomfy currently.

I also had a "oh my pants dont fit" moment this morning, im feeling like i just ate too many pies sad.gif was hoping id at least get through the first trimester in my normal clothes... How early did you start buying maternity clothes? I want to hold off for as long as possible but i dont think thats gonna happen:(

#46 jess1980

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

I wore my normal clothes probably until about 13 weeks then I was in maternity clothes with my previous 2 pregnancies I was wearing my normal clothes at 20 weeks so I wasn't impressed! Now I'm 36weeks and everywhere I go everyone stares at me like I'm going to give birth at any moment it's starting to annoy me some ppl got no manners

#47 dede79

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Hi,

Regarding the clothes, I'm 16 weeks now and mainly wear maternity clothes. Some of my normal clothes still fit but not great. I'll probably use them for another 2 weeks only. I'm pretty big already. Just looked back at photos and I'm about the same as I was at 24 weeks with my son. Scary!
I might have to get more maternity clothes as I'll get sick of them so quickly!

Thanks everyone about your ideas about leave and finishing work. I checked and my work allows sick leave for pregnancy related things. I guess I could get the doc to write that I need to be on bed rest or something?

We got the ball rolling on selling our places and finding a new house. We hired a seller's advocate/buyers' advocate who will do a lot of the work and take some of the stress away hopefully...

#48 Just-one-more

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

I think ill get by for a bit with the bigger trackies I hope lol

I saw the bubs again on wed and had a great appt with the ob. feeling pretty confident.
and we have secured a bigger house, 4 bedrooms and a study!

Hubby is a night mare right now though. i hope its just the stress but im not sure how many more petty fights we can have before i lose it!! He is so stressed about money and over whelmed by our growing family its not funny, and i empathise but really just try and relax already dh!!

#49 *mylittleprince*

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

Hi everyone

Wrote a long post and then it disappeared, stupid computer!

Welcome just-one-more and Emso.

Jess1980 - how are you feeling? Not long to go now.

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and doing ok. My mom is coming to stay when I'm 36 weeks so can't wait for that. DH has spoken to his work and he's allowed to take one carers day per week from 32 - 36 weeks so I can rest which is great. We have a 3 year old at home full time so it's impossible to get rest unless DH is home watching him.

Babies are doing well and hospital is happy with their progress. I have a growth scan on Wednesday so look forward to seeing their weights.

I also have an anaethetist and lactation consultant appointment this week that I requested so will be interested to find out more information.

Feeling and looking huge now. Battling to sleep at night as our son is waking up a lot, I have restless legs and heartburn so hope I can get some decent sleep soon.

After being adamant that our sedan is big enough, I gave in today and we bought a Kia Grand Carnival. It has so much boot space and drives like a dream and I am so happy. I never thought I would like a people mover but it will fit in a lot of stuff and will be easy to take a capsule out on each side with the sliding doors.

Have a great weekend everyone.

#50 Just-one-more

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

My little prince: I have a grand carnival too and I LOVE it.
Glad your hubby is able to get time off to give you a rest original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.