Gifts for DH after baby is born?
Anyone thinking of getting something?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 blanky88

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hi guys,

Has anyone got (or thought of getting) a gift for their DH after the baby is born? I'd be interested to know what you got your DH if this is not your first child too.

I really want to get him something to show that i have appreciated his support throughout the the pregancy etc.

I'm not keen on professional photography and stuff like that.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
original.gif

#2 Mixed_Spice

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

I have! I have been thinking of a coupon book for all the things I think might be a problem when we have our first. Things like a coupon for some one on one time or a coupon for him to have a boys weekend etc. I haven't done it yet, but am planning on it.

#3 Catbiscuit

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

It is a loevly idea but he is already getting the very best gift you could give him - a brand new little person for him to love! Why don't you take him out for dinner before the baby is born to show him how much you appreciate him? That way it will be a very personal 'couple' experience for you both. There won't be many of those available after bubs is born.

#4 Apageintime

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

A friend of mine got her DH a ring, which he wears on his right hand, opposite the wedding ring. It has her LO's birth date engraved on the inside. It was a very sweet gift!

Would depend if your DH would wear it though, mine wouldn't.

#5 Future-self

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

I'm going to write him a Card and have it in the hospital bag for when it's all done and we're back in the room. To me, no matter what happens, he has been wonderful throughout my troublesome pregnancy and I know he's worried about being the best support and advocate for me during the birth- whatever form it takes. I want something ready thanking him as I know he will be brilliant as well as 'congratulating' him on becoming a new Dad. I'm also better articulating feelings with the written word rather than speaking so I know I'll get my thoughts down better in a card  wink.gif

As far as presents go, we talked about this early in the piece responding to the 'push present' idea that was in the media. Although we dismissed the idea in favour of new furniture when we move into our house in a few months time, I expressed my desire for diamond earrings if we went this path, (happy.gif ) but he couldn't come up with anything. If I hadn't all ready got him a really good watch a couple of years ago for his 30th birthday, I would do that, as I think it's a great gift that commemorates but in a useful way.

#6 jess1980

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

I won't be no offence to anyone that is but this is my third pregnancy (3rd & 4th child) and I do it all, don't get me wrong my hubby will do stuff for me when I ask but he's old school he thinks all he has to do is go to work I'm slowly reeducating him. I'm more concerned about getting gifts for my older 2 children to give them from the babies when they are born so they don't feel left out.

#7 tweetz

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

DP has been amazing throughout the entire pregnancy but I won't be giving him a present other than the little boy we have created. We (DP more so) had a challenging year last year and I splurged (big time) at Christmas time and bought him something extravagant to let him know how wonderful I thought he was and how much I love him which left him lost for words....it's probably part of the reason we are expecting laugh.gif

Actually I probably will do the same as futureself and write him a card...assuming bubs deosn't arrive too early.

#8 tinkster23

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

I'm making him a baby! original.gif

His birthday is sept 19, my edd! Plus fathers day is just before that, and our wedding anniversary is in a couple of weeks, he'll get enough presents!  

Jess- what are you getting for the kids, I can't decide what to get for my two from the baby. Hannah still remembers that jack bought her a ninkynonk (from in the night garden) when he was born.

#9 Rach42

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Another here that won't be giving DH anything - I'm fairly sure the little girl that he has always wanted will be quite enough!  I thank him pretty much daily for all he's doing to support me, and he shakes his head and says of course he's doing extra because I'm the one doing all the hard work.  wub.gif

#10 Sar333

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

I'm writing a letter. Good for articulating feelings when hormonal and emotional and also the price is right original.gif

#11 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

I won't get anything for DH. Were not really one for gifts at most times other than christmas. I think it's nice if you are a couple that do celebrate that sort of thing.

I picked up some crayola mini colouring pages today for DS, nephew and neice for when they come and meet the baby to occupy them and bonus they will be small enough to pop in the hospital bag. They were reduced to $2 with a small set of markers. I may make DS more special by topping his up a box with a few books, a new DVD and some arts and crafts stuff for when I get home from the hospital - just stuff he can occupy himself with independantly in the early days when I am feeding for hours. I did think at one stage to get him an ipod touch but I'm the one that needs a new one haha.

#12 louiseos

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

I too would like to get my hubby a gift (other than the joy of his first born), but have no idea what to get him. It wouldn't be expensive - starting maternity leave has made me realise just how broke we're gonna be - Hehe - but I think I'd like to get him something as a 'token' . . .

I wish I was creative enough to write a poem or something!

LOL given I'm not that type of person, maybe I should just focus on not yelling at him during labour!?!? wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.