* * * * * 1 votes

Win a family pass to see Pinocchio (Victoria Only)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 EBLeearne

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

We are giving one lucky family the opportunity to win a family pass to see Pinocchio.

Once there was a lonely man with lots of love to give. He wanted a child so much that he carved himself a beautiful little boy. But the boy wanted the world and the latest designer sneakers. He wanted fame, celebrity and to walk on the wild side, so he ran away to get it…

From the team behind the six-time Helpmann Award nominated Wizard of Oz (2009), comes the classic tale of Pinocchio boldly retold as a witty, rocking, music theatre spectacular; a mix of old time theatre fun and a celebration of the ‘whatever’ generation.

Duration: 2 hours, 10 minutes including 20 minute interval. Ages: 5+

Pinocchio is playing at the Malthouse Theatre – 112 Sturt St Southbank, Melbourne from 6 to 29 September.

For more information http://www.malthousetheatre.com.au/show-listing/pinocchio/

Prize package includes:
1 x family pass for 2 adults and 2 children valued at $120

How to enter
For your chance to win, just reply below with the answer to the following question in 25 words or less:
“Tell us your memories of Pinocchio?”

T &Cs pinned in competition forum.
Competition commences Monday 13 August 2012 until Monday 17 August 2012.

#2 soninicole

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

I remember telling lots of lies when I was a child but after my mum read me the story of Pinocchio it scared me off telling lies forevermore!

#3 Baggy

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

I watched Pinocchio a thousand times when I was little, it was my favourite movie. I used to tell my brothers it was a true story.

#4 barbiedoll99

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

I am 78 and remember my grandmother reading me this story, it left a lasting memory with me, about not lying or my nose will grow.  Good thing to instil in childrens minds.

#5 ernesto

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

Lots of purring, playing and growing up together. Pinocchio was our child hood cat, my constant shadow and absolute best friend.

#6 MuffTuft

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

When I was little, I used to fib to Mum on purpose to see if my nose would grow!   And it never ever did, even though I was convinced that if I told a big enough lie to make Mum really mad, it would shoot right out Pinocchio style.

#7 ernesto69.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

I still vividly recall sitting on Grandads knee, watching it in awe for the very first time.  The open fire roaring beside us, and Nan coming in every so often with jelly beans, warm milo and her home made scones.

#8 LUCKYKAY

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

My childhood memories consist of checking my nose in the mirror every time I told a fib!  I was terrified it would grow.

#9 trixh

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

That Lying has a consequence.

#10 mogy37

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

As a child Mum would occasionally let me play with the hand craved Pinocchio her Father had made for her, they were special times.

#11 bluberry

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

After reading this book as a child i was horrified to think i would grow a huge nose, after that i made sure i told the truth!

#12 A.K.A

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

I remember watching it a lot and enjoying it, but also a sadness for Pinocchio that he wasn't able to experience the joy of being 'real'.

#13 Guest_domestically~challenged_*

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

My biggest memory is Pinnochio and the whale! What an adventure!

#14 FeeGee

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

I loved the idea of a wooden puppet coming to life; and on his journey he got into lots of strife!

#15 kaylajames

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

i remember being too scared to tell lies in case my nose got bigger, it also taught me that some times people take advantage of our vunrable natures

#16 mumtobe79

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

Dingly arms and legs and a pointy nose that gave away white lies

#17 ~~turtle~~

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

I remember reading the original Pinocchio (horror) story and realising that I much prefer the sugar coated Disney one!

#18 michelle120773

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

My favourite memory is watching the Danny Kaye and Sandy Duncan version over and over with my sisters...hysterical but with an important moral lesson.

#19 Mariochrisanthou

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

With three kids and being single dad,
reading stories helps teach good from bad.
Pinocchio discourages fibs or white lies,
Loved Pinocchio, nowadays Geppetto inspires!

#20 anniesmum

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

My favourite memory is buying my kids wooden pinnochio carved hand puppets in Venice, explaining the story and watching the magic appear in their eyes.

#21 mummy2Rj

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

As a small child my eldest couldn't say Pinnochio,
So instead he would say 'puppy nose'.
So sweet and definitely a favourite memory of mine.

#22 AJB3

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

My son dressed as Pinnocchio for fairy tale day in his first year of school this year. He was delighted when he won best dressed.

Rachel

#23 amylacy

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

Just loved the song " I have strings to hold me down........."

#24 katpaws

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Tell us your memories of Pinocchio

Pinocchio is a story about being true to yourself, paternal love, having dreams and about having a journey to discover who you really are. It is also a very dramatic and very Italian story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.