Due In Sept 2012 Chat Thread #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#26 jess1980

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I didn't think I could feel any more uncomfortable but I was wrong! Where do I begin my middle back on the right side aches off an on all day and night which I presume has something to do with the baby on that side as it hurts at the front too. As for my pelvis the pressure is out of control combined with sharp electric shocks I keep getting in my cervix. To top it off I keep getting period pain that doesn't hurt but us really annoying which I presume is bh though I wouldn't know as I never had them with my other 2 pregnancies. I can't breathe and the indigestion is killing me all in all I can't wait to have them! I've got my next ob appt Tuesday so hopefully I'll have some idea when my c-section will be hopefully only another 2 weeks fingers crossed. Sorry needed to have a rant to people that understand!

#27 rochelleellen1989

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Can you add me to the list? Baby Girl due 13th Sept. Having her in Gawler Hospital, SA. Was lucky enough to get one-to-one midwife (so same midwife throughout the pregnancy, and she'll be the one to deliver).

Hoping she comes early cos I have the flu and just getting really impatient from being so sick and exhausted and plain bleugh.

my Son's 5th birthday is the 25th of august (as well as my mums) so I am having mixed feelings about having her on that day. My son likes the idea. Mum doesnt.
This will be my husbands first child so if She comes before father's day, it will be a nice little surprise for him.

I have started having troubles with my hips, where it feels like they're "falling out"...has anyone had this yet?

and something that feels like Contractions during the night that wake me up.

I didnt have BH with my DS and I sept through my waters breaking so I'm freaking out cos I don't know what either truly feels like....ie; every little bit of watery discharge has me thinking "is this my waters..?" and every painful BH has me timing them in the middle of the night.

#28 *littlemiracles*

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

Ok so now I am getting to the uncomfortable stage!!! With DD being breech she never dropped down at all so never felt any pressure below. Since sunday I have had on and off uncomfortable pressure down in my lower abdomen and sunday night had period like pains. It has eased off over last few days but am freaked out because I know I am having a c-sect due to medical comps with DD's emergency c-sect and plus I am only at 35 +3 so baby needs to stay put and happy for a few more weeks yet!!! I have midwife appt at hosp on Friday so am looking forward to that. I also get my c-sect date then which will be nice to have an actual countdown LOL. Baby is kicking up a storm right under my rib cage - man it hurts.  On the good side, heartburn has been a bit better last few days so hopefully one thing eases as another approaches LOL.  On top of all that, I am enjoying relaxing at home for the last few weeks before newborn chaos sets in  biggrin.gif

BBL for personals xx

#29 MakesMeHappy

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hi everyone,    
I haven't posted in here since the beginning, but have been reading everyone's updates  original.gif

I Just wanted to share that I got my c section date today. The 10th of September. Yay! I will be 39 weeks and I am counting down the days. Like most of you I am now very uncomfortable and have been suffering with SPD. But we are nearing the end now.

We still don't have a name chosen, we don't even have any on the list  unsure.gif I am hoping something just comes to us... We have everything else ready and pretty much set up, bags all packed all we need now is the baby.

To tell you the truth I can't wait to get him out, my body just doesn't agree with pregnancy. I will much rather have my little boy to cuddle. Anyway enough of my whinging.

Congratulations to the ladies that have already had the bubs, I hope they are doing well.

I hope everyone is looking after themself, I can't wait to start hearing about everyone's arrivals.

#30 PinkSurvivor

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hi everyone original.gif

Well I had my little blue bundle. We welcomed our son Logan Charles into the world at 6:51am 22/08/2012. He was a tiny 5 lbs 12oz 37 weeks 5 days. He was 47cm long and a 34cm head.

He is such a little hunny. I love him to bits.

Click here for pic

I'll post more soon...I need to go feed him and get some sleep. We are both doing very well and he is such a happy and content baby. He really is a dream.

Edited by ~A2~, 10 September 2012 - 10:28 PM.
Edited by A2 to add link as pic too big. Gorgeous pic, congratulations.

#31 Catirving

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Yay Pink!

Congratulations, and welcome to Logan. I hope your ongoing treatment goes well.

I'm ever closer to D-day, but the bub still hasn't dropped, and I feel like time is standing still. I even danced at a jazz club tonight to try to shake her down - it just put her to sleep. Getting bored being off work, as I can't do all the things I would normally be up to with time off. I am getting a lot of reading done...

Spent all today cleaning our bedroom and installing my Amby hammock - it's weird seeing it next to the bed now. It's nice to know she'll be so close. Four guitars out, one baby in! Minor renovations happening tomorrow, then I can get all of her stuff out of the living room, dining room, spare room...and into her own.

#32 Miss S

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Well done Pink on the safe arrival of Logan eexcite.gif  cclap.gif  tthumbs.gif

#33 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

Congrats Pink on little Logan, he is a tiny little package of perfection, hope you are both doing well!

#34 MakesMeHappy

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

Congratulations Pink! He is absolutely beautiful

#35 Impatientmummy

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

Congratulations Pink on the arrival of Logan! Hope your both doing well original.gif

#36 BellO'Nromze

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

Congrats to Kat and to Pink!!!!  Enjoy your lovely newborn snuggley hugs and that beautiful newborn smell!

#37 Sar333

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

He looks like such a cutie pink original.gif how sweet

xox

#38 Rach42

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Congratulation Kat and Pink on the birth of your babies  biggrin.gif  So exciting!

I finally seem to be over this flu/infection/sinus thing but seem to have been left with bruised ribs from all the coughing.  Plus bub seems to be sticking a foot or something into my side constantly and last night I had shocking SPD type pain and was hobbling around.  I switch between being well and truely over this pregnancy and wanting her out now to hoping I can get at least a couple of weeks sickness free to catch up on some sleep before she's born.

#39 deedee70

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Pink....huge congratulations on the birth of the gorgeous Logan!!

Rach....Oh I so hear you on being torn between wanting the baby born like NOW and wanting a couple of weeks of 'hands-free'!!

#40 *littlemiracles*

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hi all,

Pink - congrats on the arrival of Logan. He is just adorable xxx biggrin.gif

So had my appt yesterday at hospital. C-sect date is booked in - now lets hope this little miss stays put until her date unlike her big sister who arrived over a week early. Was hoping to get in at 38 weeks as recommended by my GP but hospital would not book in before 39 so 39+2 it is. First thing in the morning so am on the countdown to bubs arrival. i will however, have my bag packed prior to this as was running around like crazy when DD arrived early to finish packing. I have bits and pieces in there but still using toiletries etc. Now just waiting on my preop appt with midwife and aneasthetist (sp) and back to GP for other appts. I did get to see bubby on a scan yesterday to check positioning and she is head down so yes its definitely feet kicking me in the ribs all the time. I thought she was as she just feels different to DD who never turned head down. Nursery actually looks like a nursery now  wub.gif and I think my nesting instincts may be kicking in. I love to just go in and sort through things even though all the clothes are washed, folded and packed in drawers and cot and bassinet are made up. Pram is lined and ready for bubby - just need to wait for the baby!!! I am trying hard to enjoy my last few weeks of relaxing and my pregnancy as well as being impatient for baby's arrival. As I am sure you all are too :-)

Anyway best be off  the day is beautiful and I want to go and enjoy the sunshine. Have a great weekend everyone xxx

#41 Morti

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Kat and Pink!!!!!!

It's so exciting to read that some of our due in group babies are starting to arrive!!! ddance.gif

As for me, my feet feel as though they're going to explode, they're so swollen with water retention!  My hands are an eye-sore too, but it's mostly my feet that are bothering me....

Am I the only one?  Or are there other women here experiencing the same thing?   I'm not sure if it's the heat here in Spain at the moment that's making my oedema so severe (I didn't get it this badly with my other pregnancies) or if there is some other factor influencing things, but whatever the case, I am sooooooooooo looking forward to not being pregnant anymore.  More so though, I can't wait to meet my baby boy!!!!!  I have everything set for him now; nursery, clothes, sheets, blankets, towels washed and sorted, baby car seat set up in the car etc etc.  All I need is my baby!!!   biggrin.gif

At my Dr's appointment last Monday ( I was 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant) I was told that I had a short cervix and had dilated 1cm.... not that it meant all that much to me since the Dr didn't say just how effaced I was and I know that women can be 1 or 2 cms dilated for weeks before giving birth.... but I was hoping that it was a sign that things were starting to move for me.  Yet here I am a week later and no labour in sight. sad.gif  

I suppose I should be trying to enjoy this final stretch of my pregnancy, since it will most likely be my last....

Hope everyone is keeping well!!

#42 Rach42

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Morti - no swelling for me this time but I do remember when I was pg with DS1 we had some really hot weather and I was heavily pregnant at the time and I did swell up.

I can't wait to meet my baby too - still between 4 and 5 weeks to go though.  I think these weeks will feel like they are dragging on for ever!  And I am feeling all stuffed up in my sinuses again - I thought it had finally gone!  Grrr...

#43 Catirving

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

Hi there all,

Morti, not too much swelling, just my feet at the end of the day, but my hands hurt most of the time, and feel really weak. My main problem is trying to sleep and breathe at the same time - for goodness sake, baby, please drop! My partner wakes me up to stop me snoring, I think I'll try some of those nose strips tonight, or sleep in the spare room.

They say she's at -4, but I still get electric shocks on my cervix, which according to the books is a sign she's down there. I just seem to have a bum poking out to the right of my belly button most of the time, and a foot to the left.

Time to meet this child on the outside, methinks.

#44 Impatientmummy

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

I've got a lot of swelling happening this time around, feet are really bad & have had to put my wedding ring on my little finger!! My bp has stayed the same so at least its not getting worse but is still up there however my spd pain is getting worse now that I'm off codeine but I need to stop taking it so it doesn't affect my baby girl when she is born. I have 2 weeks until my ob appointment when he will assess my pain & decide if he will start induction at 38+2 original.gif I'm getting very excited & DS is getting very cranky cause Mummy & Daddy haven't gone & picked bubby up from the hospital yet lol. Have everything set up & waiting, just got to install her car seat into DH car the day before my ob appointment. BIL has come back to work for us so that has lifted a huge stress from both of us as now I can fully stop working (other than book work) & DH has someone reliable to take my place that can be left to work alone so he can have a break & have a day or 2 off when bub comes original.gif Think she has dropped even lower, I dont know what she is doing by my god the pain to my nether regions some days is shocking from her either turning her head or whatever it is she does! Can still feel a big bum to the left & feet & legs getting waved across my tummy on the right original.gif

#45 Morti

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

Rachel42 - I hope your sinuses clear up soon.  Here I've been feeling all sorry for myself about having to put up with the heat (there's been a heat wave happening here that is hopefully just coming to an end now) but truly, I think the cold is worse in some ways... certainly in terms of having to deal with colds and flus ect at a time when you want to be as healthy as possible.  And it makes it so much worse that you can't really take meds for most cold related symptoms.  Hopefully by the time your bubs comes along though, you'll be feeling 100% again! original.gif

Catirving - You're 40 weeks pregnant today!!!!  tthumbs.gif  How exciting!  You're probably in labour as I type!  I hope so, for your sake.  yyes.gif  

ImpatientMummy - I hear you on the wedding and engagement rings thing....  I haven't put mine on my little finger, just taken them off altogether - but I haven't been able to fit them on my big sausage finger(s) since I was about 32 weeks.

Looking forward to "deflating" and becoming a normal sized woman again!! LOL

I'm also looking forward to seeing who will be next out of our group to have their baby(ies)! original.gif  

Best wishes to all.   hheart.gif

Edited by Morti, 27 August 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#46 Elskye

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (heliwifeBecG @ 13/08/2012, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question, in the last few days when I sleep (i always end up rolling onto my right) I end up being awoken with pain up under my right rib. could it be that I am lying or putting pressure on something that I shouldnt? I roll over to my left and it will sometimes be fine but then other times the pain hangs around. Bub always tends to lie along the left side so unless she has moved around and its her booting me, which it isn't a kick feeling, its just like a bad bruised feeling? Does this make any sense at all? haha. Anyway maybe someone understands my rambling and can shed some light. original.gif

Sorry to gatecrash your thread, but was wondering if heliwifeBecG ever found out what was causing this, as I am experiencing the exact same thing at the moment and was hoping you could shed some light?

TIA original.gif

#47 MKTWINS

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hi All,

Hope everyone is travelling well with their pregnancy and those who have given birth Congratulations again! Hope mummies and babies are doing brilliantly!

I have 4 more weeks (sigh!). Should have a confirmed eviction date for my little princess at tomorrow's ante natal appointment. I'm getting impatient not to mention huge! I caught a glimpse of myself (side profile!) omg..... I don't know how my girls (twin dd) ever managed to both fit!

Nursery furniture will be delivered this week or next - DP now realises how close we are to actually having another baby.. Although he has banished us all to the other side of the house! lol....

Hope everyone is feeling well and hoping to hear more on the birth of your little ones....

Bye for now  original.gif

#48 tweetz

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Congratulations Kat and Pink on the arrival of your little boys!

Realised I haven't updated re my 34 week appt. Good news is the placenta has moved upwards so is no longer an issue. Bubs is also head down, but not yet engaged.

Have been battling with a cold and find I'm getting uncomfortable more often but can't complain too much, especially when I hear what others are experiencing.

Had my baby shower on the weekend. Fantastic afternoon and it was wonderful to catch up with friends before bubs arrives. Was blown away with some of the lovely presents we received.
As much as I enjoyed the baby shower, I am also relieved that it is over as it has been alot of work preparing for the shower and getting the house & nursery in order. There was a mix up with the order for some of our nursery furniture and only received the last piece the morning of the baby shower, which DP kindly put together in time so I could show guests the nursery.

Now I can concentrate on finishing work (2 1/2 weeks left) and preparing myself for the big day.

#49 yellow10

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

yay 37 weeks and totally over being pregnant, I never felt this uncomfortable last time, major braxton hicks last night for an hour 10 mins apart I thought i was in labour for a bit, but no it stopped once I got up to resettle my son. Hubby and I are on the labour inducing techniques, mainly cause I was induced last time due to being over due so starting it off early this time. Will be good to see if the baby is engaged at my appointment this thursday, fingers crossed.

Sounds like everyone is just as uncomfortable, not too much longer now.

#50 3cubs

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hi Girls

I havent been in here for awhile but am in the FB group for those that are not. Not sure how many are or are not as its hard to recognise whose who by usernames etc.

This group is finally active again. I stopped coming in cause it was so quiet. I was also quiet i suppose.

Anyway congratulations to those girls who have already had their bubs.

BecG: I get similar pains on my side in the night. It stops me from sleeping and also i often wake up and cant go back to sleep because of them. I have no idea what causes it but this is my fourth full term baby and it happens each time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.