Due In Sept 2012 Chat Thread #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#51 mummaniki

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi Everyone

Congrates to all the new mummies. I am finally on maternity leave and im sorry to say its day 2 and i am bored unsure.gif We had our appoinment with the dr to see if i was going to be induced early due to bubs size but she is confident i can go full term and bubby wont be too big --- NERVOUS ---

How do i get on the facebook group???

Well i hope everyone is doing well and resting, not long now original.gif

#52 deedee70

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

Facebook...send a PM to *Mumma-to-A* and she can add you  biggrin.gif

#53 tinkster23

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

mummaniki- I got bored on maternity leave the first time around as well. Enjoy it, its the last time for a LONG time you get to be bored. original.gif

#54 mummaniki

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yeah i figure im so use to working with children all day to be home and not have any its sooo weird, but like you said i should be enjoying it, im sure it wont be long and i will be wishing i put my feet up and embraced the silence lol

#55 MakesMeHappy

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

I thought I would pop in tonight for a bit of a whinge...

I am feeling sick because I ate too much tea  blush.gif If I could go back and not finish my bowl of pasta I would. My belly hurts, I feel like I am going to be sick and am just all round uncomfortable. Add to that my already super dooper heavy belly, that feels like it could not possibly stretch anymore and it equals having one crappy night.

DP is also doing a job for a friend this week so is working really late. I hate being at home alone (with DS) at night, I'm such a sook.  I wish I could just go to sleep but I feel to yucky.

I only have 13 days left until our baby is born, but it feels like an eternity.

Here's to hoping the next 2 weeks fly by. I hope everyone is coping ok? I feel like just breaking down and crying  cry1.gif , but I know it will pass soon.

Take care everyone  original.gif

#56 Morti

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

*hugs* to you, Popple.  bbighug.gif

I know how you feel (about breaking down and crying). I've been so emotional during the whole of this pregnancy, and now that I'm reaching the end, I think I'm even worse.  Nevertheless, having a good cry is such a wonderful release... you should probably just indulge in one (or more)! original.gif

AFM - last night and early this morning I was constantly waking due to painful contractions and a sensation of pressure on my back passage to the point of being quick painful also... I thought at one stage that I really should be timing the contractions, but I couldn't be stuffed getting out of bed to do it. As it happened, the contractions completely stopped when I got up in the morning and I've had nothing significant since.  So disappointed.  But I'm sure that my baby's head is now well engaged, so at least that's something.

My sister-in-law was telling me that she thinks I'll have the baby on the week-end since it will be a full moon then biggrin.gif.... she says that, statistically speaking, more babies are born (by natural labour) during a full moon than at any other time. I laughed when she said this, but then quickly remembered that a midwife told me when I was pregnant with my firstborn that at the hospital she worked at, she didn't know what it was, but during a full moon, without exception, the maternity ward is always flooded with newborn babies!  

Ah well, it's a strange ol' world!   biggrin.gif

Bring on the next baby!!!!   babygirl.gif babyboy.gif  babygirl.gif babyboy.gif  

#57 Impatientmummy

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Its so exciting to hear its not long or some bubs to start arriving!
Popple I hate being home alone too! I am surprised this time I haven't been very emotional, with DS I was all over the place! Hopefully the next 2 weeks fly by for you.
Morti how exciting!! Hopefully bub comes soon! That sounds interesting about the full moon.
I've just got back from the doctor, had a flu the last week thought I was better yesterday but today woke up with the sorest throat! He thinks its nothing at this stage but took a swab just to be sure so he will ring with results or go back if its worse. Last night I had pains, wasn't contractions more my tummy stayed tight & bub would kick & it would really hurt, from what I could feel & am guessing she was laying out from me really pulling on my tummy as it suddenly looked bigger! Doctor is confident I should be induced when I see ob on the 11th, my bp has again gone up, still not alarming but between it & the pain he would be happy with that if the ob agrees! I have this horrible feeling I'm forgetting something important for bub lol I have been through hospital bags repacking so many times & her draws I'm sure I would know by now! House is spotless thanks to a nesting spree just before I got sick, DS is demanding A comes around to watch him so mummy & daddy can go pick bubby up from the hospital lol so cute to see him excited!

#58 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Popple - I whinging today too. Uncomfortable and keep getting sharp pains in my pelvis and more. My sister rang me this morning and told me to have the baby because she was sick of getting sympathy heartburn for me. Glad she has it instead of me though.

Morti - My mum swears by the full moon at the hospital. She works night shift as a ED nurse. She is cursing this month too as this is the second full moon (blue moon) which is also suppose to be worse. I figure it's all good if I can aim for father's day this sunday.

Starting every wife tale for induction from today. I wonder if buying 15 fresh pineapples might be overboard though?? I'd get frustrated just cutting one and give up.

I also have to venture out shopping as my nappy bag which I've used as a handbag for over a year broke yesterday just as I was going to clean it up and pack it for the baby's stuff. Any suggestions for a light weight, stylish and wipe clean nappy bag?

Also anyone wanting to be added to the FB group at any time just PM me or leave a message on the thread and I will PM you instead.

#59 yellow10

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

*Mumma-to-A* - haha i brought fresh pineapple and made an eggplant parmigiana - and still pregnant haha maybe I need 15 pineapples let me know if it works.

Lets hope we all have our babies with the full moon, although when i get some painful braxton hicks I remember I can't handle the pain and don't want to go into labour.

#60 MakesMeHappy

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only whinger tongue.gif

Sounds like a lot of bodies ate getting ready and babies are wanting to make their Big entrance.

I'd also be interested to hear of any recommendations for a good nappy bag. There is one I like but I am trying to justify spending $180 (especially when the one I used with DS1 cost $30 from target and worked fine) I told DP that if I can't find another one By the time the baby is born then I am getting the $180 one... I haven't exactly been looking  ph34r.gif

#61 BellO'Nromze

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Mummaniki - I second the "it's the last time you will be bored for a while" comment.  Honestly, have LOTS of naps and put your feet up!
Popple, I am really over it too, and we all have heaps of preggy hormones coursing around our systems to make us emotional too.  It's a tough time isn't it?
Morti, I didn't know about the blue moon this month, but I bet a whole heap of us have babies on the weekend!  I know that in the health care system we expect much busier nights with a full moon.  Those of us who are more experienced, even change our rosters with the juniors so that we don't work a full moon... ph34r.gif
Impatientmummy, I hope you feel better soon.

I have started coughing and fevers AGAIN.  How many bloody colds can I have this pregnancy?  I feel like I just get over the last one, have a week of being well, then BANG - there I go again with another one.  SICK OF IT, can't sleep due to coughing/reflux/back pain etc etc etc...  OK rant over.

Booked for c/section on Monday 3rd Sept, unless things happen over the weekend!!!  Had two hours of regular strong contractions last Sunday which then fizzled out so who knows.

Take care everyone.

#62 Catirving

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Amen, sisters, testify! Was kept awake for 1/2 of last night with false labour (why does this always happen at night?) but couldn't be bothered getting up to see if it would go away. I figured if it was real, then I'd know sooner or later.

The bub refuses to roll over from my right side and prefers to hang out there or go posterior, which means she still hasn't engaged and is showing no sign of moving towards the exit. I'm seeing the OB on Friday - perhaps he has some ideas. Still, I'm getting lots of arms and legs to play with in the meantime...

Am getting a bit jack of all the Facebook messages, phone calls, people stopping me in the street - "haven't you had the baby yet?". Well, I thought it was self-evident, but thank you for pointing out the bleeding obvious. And I am mega-teary, anything can set me off.

Renovations completed, the bub gets her own room tomorrow. yay!

On nappy bags, I found a surprisingly groovy one in Big W - black with white detail and purple lining. Noice. There's a red and black version, too. Bright Bots were having a sale on theirs recently, but they are less handbaggy and more nappy baggy, if you know what I mean.

Bring this baby on!

#63 Future-self

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Well if going nuts on a cleaning spree is an inducer of labour then I'm in with a chance! Mum came over to do a "mum clean" of our apartment so I joined her - walls are scrubbed, skirtings are shining, windows are glinting, pantry rearranged, door knobs shining... Things that have been bugging me for weeks but I needed someone to bend for me  biggrin.gif Yay Mum!
I am, if course, completely exhausted, my feet are so swollen and my SPD is quite frankly excruciating. Baby is low but not engaged, hanging out on my right so my belly is quite lopsided which is amusing. I'm trying to sit on the fitball rather than the couch to encourage engagement but I just want to lie down at the moment.

Hmm, interesting full moon  theory Morti , hopefully some of our group will weigh in and arrive over the weekend!

I was given a lovely Oi Oi Nappy bag at my Shower - obviously I haven't used it yet but it's handbag style and lovely. I assume it's practical too as it seems to be holding what I've packed easily http://www.oioi.com.au/index.php?s=collect...20All%20Bags,67

Can someone tell me more about this pineapple business - raw, cooked, doesn't matter?

#64 Impatientmummy

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

All I know about the pineapple is to have fresh pineapple! And if possible make it in a smoothie so you can add some core because that has the most of the enzyme in it thats thought to trigger labour. If you do a google search pineapple to induce labour you will get the info Im trying to say original.gif Good luck!

Edited by Impatientmummy, 29 August 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#65 deedee70

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Apparently it's to do with one of the enzymes in pineapple, unfortunately you'd need to eat many, many pineapples to actually get enough to bring on labour..mind you I guess eating a lot of any fruit could cause the runs which just might set it off!

#66 Future-self

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thanks Impatientmummy & deedee70 - not keen on trying to eat my weight in pineapple at this stage  laugh.gif
Thanks to the SPD I can barely walk and well, it also makes sex a tad difficult; I don't like really spicy curries... none of these homegrown induction techniques sound doable darn it!

#67 Impatientmummy

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Yeah I'm kicking myself for taking the dogs for a walk, since I'm most likely being induced in 2 weeks I thought it couldn't hurt to help get my body ready as she is 3/5 engaged already but boy did I pay for it! Got woken by the worst leg cramp ever! I thought I'd escaped them this time but no it got me good this morning. Off to get some new born cuddles this morning from a friends 1 week old original.gif Its been good to see DS excited about a baby, just hope he feels the same about his sister! Have no idea how Im going to stay sane for the next 2 weeks, I have cleaned the whole house & garage already! Everything for bub is set up & DS has daycare 3 days a week, time to pull my old hobbies out I guess original.gif

#68 *littlemiracles*

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hello all,

Well sounds like we are all loving the end weeks of pregnancy!!! rolleyes.gif As much as I can't wait to meet my little miss I will miss being pregnant - well apart from the jabs under the ribs that keep stopping me in my tracks as the moment, the heartburn and the breathlessness etc. Ha ha. 18 days to go until c-section yay!!! See my Dr next week and even though he will be cranky they are leaving it until 39 weeks there is n't much he can do as hospital still makes decision. Atleast we are first up in the morning for procedure so thats a huge bonus. Bubby is still sitting really high up for me (almost 37 weeks) which is great as my DD came early and I really want an elective c-sect rather than an emergency like hers was. Speaking of emotions, I am normally pretty good but the other day had a shocking afternoon with DD and i just cried and cried. LOL silly hormones. Think those combined with the shocking sleep I am getting just got to me. However I must admit, last night I had a really good sleep - best in ages. Yep still got up for millions of toilet trips but straight back to sleep amazingly and felt really good. bub was really active yesterday so maybe she had a quiet night too - she doesn't tend to wake me up much at night. She lays all along my left side and so when I have a BH my stomach looks so distorted it cracks us all up. The pokes and prods sometimes I swear feel like she is trying to hurt me though lol - man she can poke her body parts out far!!! Have had some pressure down in lower region but think she is just moving about rather than trying to engage. Cannot believe it is September this weekend - wow the month for our babies is here!!!! So exciting. I feel pretty organised so far, housework is under control and apart from buying one more thing for nursery we are all set. Hopefully get this weekend. Other than that, all is going well and I  had better hurry up as I am meeting a  friend for morning tea.

Will pop in over weekend to check on any early arrivals or full moon babies :-)

#69 millej13

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hi All - long time lurker, lazy poster!!! wink.gif

Has anyone else been getting very sore breasts? Almost feels like I'm getting a bit of mastitis in my right breasts especially!!

My bub is engaged, and OBS told me the other day that expect it to come early - I am almost 37 weeks now, and still have one week of work to go, so hoping it doesn't come too early!!! wink.gif

*littlemiracles* - sleep is also alluding me - rubs it in that my toddler is suddenly sleeping all the way through the night without any wake ups!!!

Catirving - I hear you on the false labour - last night was getting these clenchings in my pelvis, very low, and discomfort and I swore I was in with a chance of popping out this kid now!!
I wake up feeling great, however by the end of the day my pelvis is aching, my back is sore, and I am getting serious BH - then I wake up and feel great again!!! Argggh!

Anyway - will try to post more and stop being so lame!

#70 jess1980

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

Well I finally have a c-section date! The 13th sept, after being told I'd be lucky to make 36 weeks I'm booked in for 38 weeks which is pretty good considering I'm having twins and my uterus is quite damaged from previous c-section scars. The best part is I won't be sent to Perth now as I've made 36 weeks!. Been busy doing some last minute cleaning and organizing my house before I have to rely on my hubby and my helpers!

#71 wannabamumma

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Morning All, Another lurker but lazy poster.

Congrats on making it past 36 weeks Jess, great work keeping those little babies in there nice & warm.

I am glad that I am not the only one who is having a cr@p time sleeping. Awake for hours on end. I thought it was something that I was doing, so am pleased it seems to be a normal pregnancy thing.

Last day of work for me, which I am looking forward to, but at the same time, I am a little concerned that after a couple of days I am going to be bored. Although I have plenty of sleep planned to catch up on what I have been missing over the last 4 weeks.

Hoping that the start of September tomorrow brings a few more babies into the world.

#72 sydneycitymum_

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hi Ladies,

Haven't written in a while but have been reading all your posts. Am over 37 weeks now and have 1 more week of work to go. Baby engaged and is now unengaged which I am glad about as it was posterior when it engaged. Have been spending time on all fours and have been told to try swimming to help it pick the best position.

I have been sleeping fine save for increasing trips to the loo. I found out a few months back my iron was super low started taking ferrograd but made my stomach very upset, moved onto spatone a natural iron supplement and have felt amazing since, really think it helps me sleep too. If i miss it for a few days start to feel over tired.

Am ready to roll I think and am looking forward to being on the other side of labour! All OB visits are "normal" so hoping it all stays this way!!

Going to the cemetery this week to find some girl names. We have a boys one but stuck for a girls one.

Become slightly obsessed with wraps. Love the weegoamigo ones and trying to find a change mat pack for my handbag that isn't hideous.  

20 days to go!

Edited by hope_fully, 31 August 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#73 Miss S

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hi to everyone

Just a quick post to welcome my bundle of joy into this world ppinkstork.gif Willow Kate was born on Tuesday 28th August  by c-sect weighing in at 3.72kgs and 55cms long wub.gif  I had forgotten just how amazing the feeling of love at first sight is.

I hope the last weeks go nice and fast for you all

Susan xxxx

#74 Catirving

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Wow, congratulations Miss S! Willow is a lovely name, too!

I supposedly had an appointment to see the OB today as there is some question about my dates - I'm either 40+4 (based on two ultrasounds) or 39+4 (calendar dates) - but they made a mistake and scheduled me at a time when there was only a midwife available. She had a good feel, then gave me my first internal exam of this whole adventure. Crickey, that hurts! As my partner said: "I got to see your pain face today". I told him to expect to see it a lot more. They sent me up to the labour ward to have a CTG, which was apparently perfect, but no uterine action at all (lots of baby action, though), and my cervix is still high and not really doing anything.

Nuts.

Have to go back on Monday for another CTG and to actually see the OB. If they do induce me at 41+4, that means she'll arrive on my mum's birthday - I might keep that a surprise for the time being.

#75 Catirving

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Disregard this - accidentally posted the same thing twice and can't work out how to delete a post!

Edited by Catirving, 31 August 2012 - 09:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.