Due in December, 2012 Chat Thread #16

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#126 Izy Bee

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Well today was long..but also lovely...I have a new nephew ..who was only tiny 2.84kgs...that's small in our family..his sister  was 4.1kgs born...it made me all teary...
AFM: I'm feeling a bit under the weather, can't put my finger on why....just really worn out and lethargic ..blood pressure is fine, as I have to check it 3 times per day...so maybe just a flu.....I'm having my BG test next week...and then another OB check up....followed by another scan at 28weeks...IVF.means heaps more testing ....but so far he is growing well..and kicking up a storm...especially when daddy talks..DD talks and he seems to move as well....all in all I want the next 3months to fly. So I can finally meet our long awaited little man...

#127 Oma Desala

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

Hi everyone  waves.gif  

Glad to see that with spring came better health for most. For everyone who is yet to do their GCT or GTT good luck. I'm lucky enough to skip it this time around but I do remember it from last time. The only testing I have left now is bloods before the 28 week appt with our midwife.

Izy Bee - congratulations on the new nephew.

Forgcal - good luck today. Hope your team wins!

Meg88 - you generally put it on more rapidly in the last 4 - 6 weeks as you start to slow down and bub puts on an average 500g per week in the last few weeks.

Well as for me I'm finally back. We've had a pretty rough run here with Influenza and because I'm pg i couldn't take Tamiflu so I've just had to let it run it's course and hope for the best. DS finally went back to school last week after almost 2 weeks off. He still isn't 100% (gets really tired easily, more outbursts than usual) but he is getting there. Can't wait till the cough finally goes. But enough whinging from me.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

#128 Nutty nut

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

To all those stressing about the glucose test, mine really wasn't that bad. Just like drinking a soft drink over 5 mins, and I'm not especially a sweet tooth normally.

I'm traveling well, with bubs kicking lots. It's very distracting if I'm mid conversation at work... At home I stop everything and sit and feel it with a goofy look on my face, which I don't think I could get away with whilst talking  to a colleague...... Had nearly 2 weeks in Tassie, which was bliss after a super busy time beforehand. DP and I feel revived after actually having a chance to relax, though of course with come down with a more than usually nasty cold on return. Actually started working on our baby name list now, which so far has been pretty painless though there is a lot of narrowing down to do still. Weight gain somewhere between 5-6 kgs so far, which I'm pretty happy with. Wasn't hugely overweight to start with, but just on the cusp of a BMI of 25, so was keen to be on the lower end of the usual weight gain

Oma Desala, glad you are feeling better. Izy bee is your little nephew a premmie? Is he doing OK other than being teenie? Porkchop's mama, wow you are organized looking at child care already. When are you going back to work? I'm thinking 6 months, hope I'm not want to have been booking the little one in somewhere already.... Mels123what a great workplace you have. Paid prenatal days sound like bliss.

Stayl well all!

#129 Izy Bee

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

My little nephew was a little early..about 3-4 weeks ...but he wasn't gaing weight from around 34 weeks...due to my sisters pre-elclamsia ...she was vomiting a lot (TMI) . So he had to be born.....he is perfect otherwise...just tiny...

#130 KiwiMelW

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

IZy Bee - Glad your nephew is fine and dandy.

Pork Chop mama -  I put my baby on the waiting list of 3 places in Mackay as there are 2 year waiting lists here, can you believe that! So as soon as you get knocked up you have to book in, to get your kid in at 1 year or more.

AFM - I've decided im 27 weeks last saturday and due on the 8th. But dont change anything thanks MRsP.  All my scans say im a week early but now im getting near the nitty gritty end I just want it ot be over sooner so managed to make up a week lol.

Bubs is kicking all the time. i have my GLucose test this wednesday, hope i dont spew everywhere.

Renovations are in full swing, just had an electrician come around and rough out the first half of the house, plasterer this weekend.  Think I have pretty much chosen the wall colours. Just want to check out a few in the watyll range.

I started painting an old set of drawers, the theme colours for the bedroom are going to be Grey (walls) Navy and White with pops of Orange. So I painted two fronts of the drawers a super bright orange and then other two drawers Im gonig to wallpaper a navy and white stripe. THe rest of the drawers are a dark brown. If that looks ok with it we will keep it that colour otherwise i'll paint it white. It so fun!

#131 porkchop's mama

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

KiwiMel - it's crazy isn't it?  I'm on the list with 4 providers and I don't even need a spot until Dec 2013.

Your project sounds like great fun.  I'm on a decluttering mission in the spare room.  Going well and to reward myself, I'm off to Ikea to source a chair for feeding time.  Now that the space is there, might as well make the most of it.  

In other news..

For the ladies who also have stuffy noses, I've had great success with a room humidifier at night.  The good thing is that if I do wake up and feel wretched I can er.... go to the machine and take in a few breaths of steam at the source.  It's helped a great deal.  Also snuck in a bit of Vicks Vaporub on my chest the last few nights and this has helped too.

I tell you, it's a new drama every few days with me.  The challenge for each is to find a drug free home remedy for each as well.  Keeps me out of trouble.

Been reading the baby carrier threads on EB and am researching the Manuka.  People are saying it's worth considering for summer babies as it is not as warm as say the Ergo Baby which was my first choice.  Also, the Manuka comes with a newborn insert already stitched in and organic cotton is standard.  Retails around $144 from what I've seen online.

#132 MuppetGirl

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

Ah the good old GTT test. I did mine on saturday too. I cannot stand the drink and I love a can of coke! I just drink it as fast as I can and then sit still and breathe deeply for a few minutes to stop the urge to vomit.

I have never been offered the 1 hour one, all my docs just automatically do the 2 hour fasting one. Seems to be the standard one to do where I am.

Izy Bee - congrats on your new nephew! Such a big weight difference between him and your niece, hopefully he packs it on now he is here original.gif

Oma - Glad you are better, hopefully the tiredness for all of you drops off soon.

KiwiMel - Sounds like a good colour combination, orange and grey seem to be the in fashion colours at the moment and I think they look good together.

porkchopsmama - I have the ergo with the performance infant insert, so it is supposed to be much better for summer but I will still likely not use the carrier much until the weather starts to cool off a little. When bub is around 3/4 months old. The Manducca does look good though.

SPD is awful now, I have been fitted for my brace/belt. Gosh that is going to look sexy laughing2.gif I am picking it up today. I am on prac for Uni at the moment too and while it is going well it is pretty hard washing patients at 6 months pregnant! Will be glad in 2 weeks when prac is over.

#133 aryastark

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Porkchopsmumma- I just looked up Manuka and got honey :/ I think I'm going to wait and see with that sort of thing though, and like Manha said, I won't be using it with a newborn (I don't think)

Add me to the stuffy nose list! I wake up and it's just filled up my whole head... Disgusting. The joys of pregnancy and over active mucous glands, right?

My uterus pretty much seems like it's going to stay a cm above my week mark, and I don't mind one bit. If she wants to come out a week early, I'm pretty happy with that. I'm not anticipating it though. My brother and I were both late starters, my Mum never even went into labour with me (even though she was induced). I'm willing to bet I've got another lazy one.

Booked my 4D ultrasound for 27 weeks. Can't wait!

#134 ~A2~

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.