Interested in a tummy tuck? UPDATED - TT DONE!
Read on - might be helpful

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Starlia_*

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

Hi,
I'm the original OP from this thread. Sorry in my few years away from EB I didn't realise the thread was still going.

I'm nearly three years down the track and it is most definitely worth it.

Please feel free to PM me if anyone has any questions.

#52 Jenny the Isa

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

Dinah_Harris, on 21 August 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Well, the quote arrived today and I am pleasantly surprised.

The cost is as follows:

* Tummy tuck:     $3,500
* Hernia repair:    $435
* Assistant:         $500
Total:                 $4,435

Less Medicare/Health Insurance Rebates:
* Tummy tuck:    $967
* Hernia:            $200
* Assistant:        $338

Out of Pocket Costs:   $2,930

Plus anaesthetist costs - I don't know the cost of this yet, but Medicare covers 75% of the scheduled fee and my health fund coves 25% of the scheduled fee.  I have to pay whatever is left.

My health fund totally covers the hospital costs.  It is being done in a private hospital.

I am in Queensland by the way.  I'm happy to PM anyone who would like it the name of my plastic surgeon.

If anyone has any other questions, also happy to answer them if I can.
Looking forward to 15th October!

Hi Dinah

Could you please send me details of who your surgeon was please I'm very interested

#53 cloudgirl

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

I've just had this done too (I'm in NSW) my costs were considerably higher but I did go with a top surgeon and they all charge differently

My breakdown of costs are
Tummy tuck with muscle repair $7000
Hernia repair  $1500
Assistant $750
Anaesthetist $3300

Total $12550
Plus $500 excess for private health insurance

I have so far received $477 back from Medicare from the anaesthetist (and expecting an extra $159 from health fund)
And about $2-$3k max back (Medicare and health fund rebates) for the surgery costs)
Health fund full covered the hospital stay.

I had several appointments with other surgeons in SYD prior to this and most surgeons are charging between $6 and $10k for the tummy tuck so to get it so cheap is quite rare I think

#54 Katt1011

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:12 AM

Hi if anyone got the doctor off dina could you please let me know or could dina please pm me with the doctors name i definitely need one my stomach never went back after my first chid n shes now 18.

Thank you

#55 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

Send a PM to Starlia

#56 Chaoticmumma

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

Hi I realise this thread is a bit old now but hoping for advice for those in SA.

I've had 3 c-sects which have left me with a 5.5cm abdominal separation and umbilical hernia (not to mention the saggy excess skin & a lot of discomfort). My GP referred me to a plastic surgeon who has quoted $20k - I'm heartbroken as I thought I'd be looking at around $8k. Does $20k seem excessive? Can anyone recommend a plastic surgeon in Adelaide who is good but won't cost as much?

#57 lelula

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

20k sounds like way too much. Not likely to getbit done for $8000 but there are clinics in SA that charge around $9000-10000 (I got a quote about a year ago) and even to have it done in hospital with 2 nights stay I was quoted under $11000.  If I can find the details of the surgeon I'll PM you

#58 Chaoticmumma

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:10 PM

Thank you Lozzylots, I thought the price was excessive! Any help with clinic names would be greatly appreciated:-)

#59 henrietta00

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

I've been researching and I'm flying from melbourne to see mark moore at calvary hospital in adelaide he charges 4500 and has raving review online if you google mark moore tummy tuck , you will out of pocket 10K with hospital stay fees as PH not longer covers these, so many of his patients are from interstate

#60 StaceQuince

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

Hi I'm hoping someone can please let me know who the surgeon was that Dinah_Harris used please

#61 StaceQuince

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

Hi who was the surgeon that you used pls?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.