List of things to buy for baby

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ~buzz~

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Just wanted to share the list that I've written to buy for baby please add anything I might have missed original.gif

Pram
Capsule/car seat
Basinette
Cot
Cot mattress
Cot sheets
Change table
Change may
Dresser/tallboy
Baby bath
Nappy bag
Rocking chair for nursery
Bouncer
Baby monitor
Rug for nursery
Playmat
Sling or carrier
Bin
Cloth Nappies (to use as spew tags, for nudie time etc)
Blankets
Muslin wraps
Towels
Face washers
Nursing pillow
Wipes
Nappies
Nappy sacks
Paw paw ointment (or another sort of nappy rash cream)
Singlets
Onesies
Socks
Beanies
Mittens
Grow suits

I have no idea how many of each clothing and blankets etc I'll need

Edited by ~buzz~, 16 August 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#2 Zarlias

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

This is a mind-bogglingly long list of stuff.

Makes me realise that I have barely started.

Sorry though, nothing to add at this stage.....

#3 A&J+

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Just wanted to add some of the essentials

Baby bath
Night time baby bath
Baby moistener
Baby oil
Cot Blanket
Sleeping bag ( keeps baby warm without risk of going under blanket)

fantastic list BTW
I would not get to many 00000 or 0000 as baby will grow out of them very fast biggrin.gif

#4 ~buzz~

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

I know its crazy how much stuff there is I think I'm nearly halfway through that list

Jamiebaby- I didn't put any of the oils, lotions, bath stuff on there as Im a bit worried about bubs skin as mine is very sensitive and prone to eczema so I won't be getting any if that stuff until later original.gif the sleeping bag is a great idea thanks good point about the sizes too I so far have stuff from 00000 - 0 lol

Edited by ~buzz~, 16 August 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#5 A&J+

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

good point with the oils ect i forget about sensitive skin as my son didn't have a reaction to any thing i got.
also with the blankets and wraps i would get at lest 7 of each because chances are you will have to change them at least once a day because of baby being sick ect biggrin.gif

#6 ~buzz~

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yeah I know a couple of people whose babies had reactions and with my skin I figured I'd wait and see how we go then maybe try some of the more natural stuff

#7 ~buzz~

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yeah I know a couple of people whose babies had reactions and with my skin I figured I'd wait and see how we go then maybe try some of the more natural stuff If needed

Thanks for that so far I have 3-4 muslin wraps and maybe 5 blankets

#8 ~buzz~

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Double post

Edited by ~buzz~, 16 August 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#9 A&J+

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have just found the list i used with Christian if you would like a copy of it original.gif

#10 Xmanmum

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

Great list!  I'd also add 'head rags' - something like soft flannelette squares that you can tuck in over the cot/bassinette sheets under the baby's head, so that if they dribble/spew, you only have to change the rag and not the whole bottom sheet rig.  Makes life a lot easier!

Oh, and a mattress protector or two.  I'd also recommend some lansinoh and breast pads if you are planning on BF and some materrnity/thick pads for after the birth for you.  My brain isnt firing on all cylinders at the moment, so might be back in later with more!

EFS

Edited by Xmanmum, 17 August 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#11 A&J+

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

I use the old Terry cloth nappies as 'head rags' biggrin.gif they are so handy to have

Went over my list and here are some things i had that we have missed so far
Cotton wool balls/Cotton square
Cotton buds
Short-sleeved bodysuits
Long-sleeved bodysuits
Breast pads
Bottles(for either formula feeding or EBM)
Bottle cleaning equipment
Nail clippers
Sunshades for the car
Portable cot
Breast pump
Dummies
Baby powder
Maternity pads

#12 ~buzz~

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the extras Jamiebaby will have to add a few things to my list original.gif

#13 LoveMyLife

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

For the play mat, we have a bubbamat.
They are expensive, but absolutely worth the money.

Do your research about the foam jigsaw mats, there are a lot of negative things about them.

As for a nursery rug, we found we didnt need one. Its something to trip over in the middle of the night.

If you plan on using sleeping bags, you probably wont need to get blankets.

#14 MissButtercup

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

This list is making me feel a little guilty, 23wks and haven't purchased a single thing. Although this is baby #3 for us...

#15 rabbit hyde

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Eeep that's a long list.

Consider me terrified.

#16 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

I'm almost 23 weeks and have brought pretty much everything.. It's our third and we haft buy everything brand new. I am super organised as I will most likely have the bubs a few days after Xmas so wana be prepared! Feels good to have everything brought though original.gif

Good luck to those who have to still go shopping, I loved it just a little bit too much haha

#17 rabbit hyde

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

I have a batman night light and I put the baby capsule/car seat & stroller on lay by yesterday.

I should be fine right?

I really don't like baby shopping, I find it all a bit too full on and boring.  Fortunately my mum is like a baby shopping commando, so when she comes down I'm just planning on giving her my card and letting her sort it out.

#18 spitzmum

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Wow you are organised corynbiancasmum!

rabbit hyde - my DH would be jealous of the nightlight!

#19 ~buzz~

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

I've got all the big stuff nd most of the little things on this list just a couple more things to buy original.gif

#20 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

I have to be organised this time, we have a busy end of the year with Xmas, baby and family wedding in tasmania, im from melb so it's alot of expense all at once. The only things I have left to buy are maternity bras and the carseat but waiting until closer to the due date to buy the bras and will wait until my little one is almost outgrown the capsule before buying that item as its quite large and I don't want it sitting in the wardrobe lol...

And I'm an anal person who is obsessed with being organised teehee xx

#21 Rockinghorsefly

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

Wow! That's a huge list! We aren't even getting half of those things, just the basics for me!

#22 Guest_katem666_*

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

I feel so disorganised... but that's how I roll... biggrin.gif

At 24 weeks I have bought... a pram (off ebay, yet to be picked up)... and apart from a couple of items of clothes bought on a whim, nothing else at all.

I can't really deal at the moment. I'm stuck in the limbo of DH being overseas for work (for 3 months all up, with a couple of breaks back home, at which point baby shopping is the last thing we're thinking about), my mother having a massive relationship breakdown and sleeping on my couch, and huge amounts of fatigue preventing anything but getting through the working day in once piece.

I know I will get it done, but I'm starting to feel guilty.
Unfortunately guilt does not inspire action in me. It just inspires more procrastination....

#23 Maybe317

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

wow...

#24 runnybabbit

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Xmanmum @ 17/08/2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd also recommend some lansinoh and breast pads if you are planning on BF and some materrnity/thick pads for after the birth for you.

Absolutely. I used disposable breast pads at first but couldn't find a brand that I really liked, switched to cloth and they were great. Much softer.

Maternity pads! Gosh, with my first I went through so many of those. Not just for post-partum bleeding but also for the post-partum incontinence. sad.gif

#25 mrsboof

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

I havn't started yet - but this is number 2, and my life is ridiculously busy at the moment, so I am kind of ignoring the fact that I have to plan for a baby soon  biggrin.gif

We are renovating at the moment, and what will be the nursery is currently being used as our bedroom room (which is very crowded with a king bed in it!), so I think once the new master bedroom gets completed and we shift into it in early October, I will actually have room to put things, so will be able to assess what I need. I also have exams at the end of October, so this is distracting me somewhat.

My work is actually having a baby shower for me this weekend (it is combined with a workmate who is due a couple of months before me) so then I'll see what i need. So far I have just put requests in for socks and singlets (most of the ones from DD got used to death and are stained - there also mostly pink -  although that doesnt overly bother me). My 'other' baby shower (I said i didn't want one as its number 2, but its happening anyway) will be the day after my exam.

I'm sure I will be so disorganised, I will bring home baby from the hospital then realise how much stuff I havnt bought!

I also found cloth breast pads better. I had huge oversupply issues and fast letdown with DD, and they were the only thing to keep my clothes dry. I think mine were from Abbygro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.