Due in Jan, 2013 Chat Thread #11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#101 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hi girls, trying to access the fb page but it won't let me sad.gif any tips???

#102 shanilee

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hi everyone, hope all is well.

I had my appointment with the Ob today. I have Leukocytes showing in my urine so she is sending me off to pathology to have my urine tested and looked at again. I also have to go for another ultrasound in 2 weeks time to check my cervix. She didn't really say much or say why I had to have the next ultrasound, and I had my boys with me as they had a day off school today due to the stop work action strike by the teachers. When she tried finding bubs heart beat with the doppler she couldn't get a clear beat through so got the monitor screen and I got to see bubs again and we saw the heartbeat fine there, bubs is just sitting in a funny position. It was after then that she told me she would like me to have another ultrasound in 2 weeks time. I think she was also concerned with the fact I had my other two kids early also, so making sure all is ok. Fine with me, means I get to see bubs again lol. I will then go back and see the Ob again in 4 weeks time.

Sorry for the lack of personals, off to have some tums cos this heartburn is getting bad! xo

#103 ~buzz~

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hey ladies just a quick post from me today I feel like I've missed this whole thread still having issues getting Internet set up (grr) and then my phones been playing up the past couple of days due to Optus upgrading their towers so been without any Internet access at all don't know how I survived lol

Don't really have much to report everything is going ok at the moment pulled a muscle in my side last week was so incredibly painful had to have a week off work but it seems to have healed mostly just a bit of pain now and then. Bub is doing well likes to start kicking once I get into bed ready for sleep lol has anyone whose been feeling kicks had the feeling like the baby is kicking down its not really painful just very awkward?

Hope everyone is doing well original.gif

#104 bluebird84

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (~buzz~ @ 05/09/2012, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey ladies just a quick post from me today I feel like I've missed this whole thread still having issues getting Internet set up (grr) and then my phones been playing up the past couple of days due to Optus upgrading their towers so been without any Internet access at all don't know how I survived lol

Don't really have much to report everything is going ok at the moment pulled a muscle in my side last week was so incredibly painful had to have a week off work but it seems to have healed mostly just a bit of pain now and then. Bub is doing well likes to start kicking once I get into bed ready for sleep lol has anyone whose been feeling kicks had the feeling like the baby is kicking down its not really painful just very awkward?

Hope everyone is doing well original.gif

Hi Buzz,

My baby is kicking the same time of night, through the day too of course but as soon as I lie down and get comfortable it feels like she's massaging my bladder! Like you say, doesn't hurt but not very comfortable!

Glad to hear you are recovering from your pulled muscle. Take it easy!

#105 cordyline

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (bluebird84 @ 06/09/2012, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Buzz,

My baby is kicking the same time of night, through the day too of course but as soon as I lie down and get comfortable it feels like she's massaging my bladder! Like you say, doesn't hurt but not very comfortable!

Mine is the same - kicks just as I get into bed. Sometimes the kicks are really low and it feels like she is kicking my bladder! It is a strange sensation for sure.

#106 Guest_katem666_*

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

I hate the kicking - makes me jump, even though it's happening pretty regularly. She pretty much likes to kick when I go to bed and when I've had something to eat - I particularly notice the post-dinner kick-a-thon, as I'm sitting quietly on the couch after eating. Anything at all sugary seems to really set her off. And it's usually low and..uncomfortable. And WEIRD. It's just weird.

#107 Happy_daisy

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (katem666 @ 06/09/2012, 02:03 PM)
14891212[/url]']
I hate the kicking - makes me jump, even though it's happening pretty regularly. She pretty much likes to kick when I go to bed and when I've had something to eat - I particularly notice the post-dinner kick-a-thon, as I'm sitting quietly on the couch after eating. Anything at all sugary seems to really set her off. And it's usually low and..uncomfortable. And WEIRD. It's just weird.

Wait until the baby is bigger and you can feel it completely roll over...now that's a strange feeling!!
I'm getting lots of kicks down low too...I love it coz I know bubs is all happy and healthy in there while it's kicking away! original.gif

#108 ~buzz~

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Haha obviously the babies have decided night time is the best time to start jumping/kicking original.gif I do love knowing bub is doing ok in there though

Thanks bluebird84 recovering well original.gif

#109 Beau-lea

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Katem666 I agree TOTALLY weird! If i hear my mother say its 'beautiful' one more time I'll scream !!!!

It makes me jump all the time and if it goes too long I feel sea sick.

And arvo and evening baby for me too

#110 spitzmum

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Could that feeling be baby hiccuping?  I've heard the feeling really resonates in your pelvic muscle region - I haven't had it myself.

Instead it feels like bub is doing karate!  Lots of really big movements.

I'm also trying to get ahead and be organised - just sent the wording and images for our baby shower invites off to my cousin to get them designed original.gif

Edited by spitzmum, 06 September 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#111 munchmum

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hi everyone

Just popping into say we had our scan today and everything looks pretty good. The sonographer thinks we are having a girl so as we are only planning on having 2 it looks like its 2 girls for us. Dh was a little disappointed but got over it pretty quickly. Baby was measuring 10 days ahead, as my dd was over 4kg Im not surprised but might start watching the sugar intake more carefully!

My placenta is still low but no longer touching my cervix. As it was less than 2 cm away I will have to have another scan closer to my due date to check where it is.

It's lovely to hear about all the kicking people are feeling. I'm getting some movements in the evening too but not anything strong.

I hope everyone is well.

#112 katiebelle

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Nice to hear about all the kicking, mine is at bedtime mainly too. Or I have only just discovered I could eat chocolate again after not being able to touch it for 14 weeks and the baby likes the sugar kick original.gif
Baby hiccups is certainly a weird feeling, my eldest DD I would get them multiple times a day.

Quite enjoying this time where I'm not too tired or sick or sore (I suffer SPD when pregnant)

#113 Ali-Nan Plum Jam

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Hi everybody,

I have some sad news - Kirsee gave birth to her daughter Isobella Rose in the early hours of Tuesday the 4th of September. Her little angel is now watching over Kirsee, her husband, and their 2.5 year old son, Ollie.

Fly free Isobella xo

Kirsten has set up the Isobella Rose Foundation to support other parents in the Canberra region whose children are diagnosed with a terminal genetic disorder.

#114 AliGeo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Thinking of you Kirsee and your family in this difficult time.

#115 sarahbn87

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Ali-Nan Plum Jam @ 07/09/2012, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everybody,

I have some sad news - Kirsee gave birth to her daughter Isobella Rose in the early hours of Tuesday the 4th of September. Her little angel is now watching over Kirsee, her husband, and their 2.5 year old son, Ollie.

Fly free Isobella xo

Kirsten has set up the Isobella Rose Foundation to support other parents in the Canberra region whose children are diagnosed with a terminal genetic disorder.

Thanks for the update, I was just thinking about kirsee the other day and wondering how she was going. So sad sad.gif But good on her for setting up this foundation to support other mums who are going through an extremely difficult time as well. Saying an extra prayer for kirsee's family, and little Isobella.

#116 ~buzz~

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

RIP little Isobella
Thinking of Kirsee and her family at this sad time

#117 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Ali Nan thankyou for letting us know about kirsee and her little girl.

Kirsee, please let us know if there is anything we can do you for you, your DH and Ollie at this unimaginable time. Isobella Rose is a beautiful name, and you are doing her proud to be helping other families going through the hardest of struggles. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and please take care. Xx

We now have had 4 sleeping angels in this DIG. My heart just breaks every time I think about it. I cannot imagine the pain and grief that these four families are going through.

Fly free little angels. Rest in Peace. Xx

#118 spitzmum

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

A happy camper today original.gif A half hour spent at the Babies & Kids Market and came away with 5 Bonds Wondersuits, 4 short sleeved onesies, 4 singlets and a few other bits - a whole Coles bag for $31 original.gif

#119 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

Kirsee - my heart goes out to you and family. May your little girl be proud of you for the help and support your giving to similar families. What a brave and inspirational thing your doing!!

Xx

#120 JillyJellyBean

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Ali-Nan Plum Jam, thanks so much for passing along the news. Please wish Kirsee the best and let her know we are thinking of her at this awful time.

#121 Essnm

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

So sad for everyone that have lost  their precious little ones sad.gif

I have just had to catch up on 5 odd pages as I have been so busy packing, moving and then holidaying that I have not been on for some time.

We had our 20 week scan today and I can honestly say that I was blown away. It's a real little person in there!!

All looks good, which is such a relief. We didn't find out the sex, I was very tempted to find out, but DP was strong and said no.

I love coming in here and reading every ones experiences. Being my first time I spend so much time worrying about such small things. But I come on here and realise that I am normal (kinda) after all lol

My little bubba is very active and my DP has had the chance to feel it move now biggrin.gif

#122 ~A2~

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.