Due in Jan, 2013 Chat Thread #11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#26 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

spitzmum - TBH as a bigger girl I just have a cheap black cossie with a support bra inside from target or somewhere similar. It has enough stretch in it that it accommodates my belly! I wore it last time around all the way through, as I didn't really stick out too much and kept it for this time. Sorry not to be any help!

#27 spitzmum

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Thanks spotty and ShirleyTemple!  All I have are my tiny racing cossies from when I was a competitive swimmer (highly uncomfortable to wear) and two pieces that are more beachy than actual swimming.

Off to do some online shopping ....

#28 klks

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Thanks *ShirleyTemple* :) I already have a monstrous amount of clothes due to myself and my family going a little clothes shopping crazy! But Target have had some cheap and  cute outfits original.gif and it has only been 3 days since I found out. I must say I was very surprised as I was convinced that it was a boy!
P.S can I also please be updated as plan to give birth at the Ballarat Base Hospital. Thanks!

#29 Koolkat23

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hi everyone,

Have been reading this for a while but only now set up username etc to join..

I'm 38 and due Jan 14th with my first baby (a boy).
Today I should get the results back from the amniocentesis...it's been a long wait!

Just wondering for those on here who already have babies, how long did you wait before you went to work? I might end up having to be the breadwinner must sooner that I would have liked....

Cheers
Koolkat

Edited by Koolkat23, 20 August 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#30 simmy114

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

I'm a little late to this thread but also due in January, at this stage the 8th. I have my 20 week scan in 2 days!!! Rather nervous, hope everything aright. Not going to find out the sex.......at least I don't think so. Booked into Mitcham Private. It is my first.

For those that are doing the water classes - are they any good? Need to start doing more I think.

Don't think I've felt the baby move yet - they say it feels like butterflies in your tummy - but what does that feel like??? Don't know if I should be worried or not.

#31 Maybe317

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hey all!
Had my anatomy scan today! (18+1 weeks). All was normal. Bub was in the craziest position and just would not move so ended up needing a trans vaginal ultrasound to measure my cervix (which is closed and fine!) and the bubs head. The only thing was my placenta is a little low so they will re measure again and just keep an eye on it. Im not too worried Tounge1.gif apparently bub is "very average". I will take that as a conpliment.

LoveMyLife: how low was your measurement. Mine was 1.7cm (apparently 2.5cm is when they dont worry about it again). Remember as your uterus grows it "pulls" your placenta up so dont worry too much until a bit later on! Im not worried yet Tounge1.gif

Eleven: i yelled at my husband and locked myself in the bathroom for an hour the other night... I was irrationally angry and couldnt control it! I dont get teary just angry... And after I think I am such an idiot!!

I will join the gym this week! I have not exercised in ages! But before I got diagnosed with Low Ovarian Reserve I went every second day. My ob/gyn said the bike, cross trainer and light weights are fine. I will do it... Ask me next week though, cause I have said that 10 times now sad.gif

Apparently I am already getting Braxton Hicks. My cramps got pretty bad and they checkedtoday and just said it could be round ligament pain or mild braxton hicks. At least its not serious. I was worried for a while.

Anyway. Glad everyones scans are great! Little girls and boys in 20ish weeks will be crying all around australia! Welcome to the new ladies. Sorry again that my posts are me me me, still waiting for the new conputer so I can post more!
Xxx

#32 Xmanmum

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hi all and welcome to the new ladies joining!  Not much happening here at the moment, just enjoying reading everyone's updates.

I've been feeling my little one move since about 16 weeks (am 19 now) -earlier than last time since this is baby #2, and over the last  couple of days have been able to feel some kicks from the outside which is exciting!  Poor DH though, every time I tell him to feel, this little one stops moving!  Will get there soon though i'm sure.

I'm in awe of all of you who are exercising, between working 3 days and my DS, I am just finding the energy to make it through the weeks at the moment!  Once the weather clears up a bit I "might" get inspired to jump on the exercise bike when DS and I are outside, but am not making any promises!

Anyway, hope you all are well, will update next week after I have my 20 week scan - nearly halfway woo hoo!!

#33 A&J+

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

ShirleyTemple - i had a good time in Melbourne didn't buy a lot but did get a better idea of what pram i want original.gif and also found a cot i liked and a little rocker thing didn't buy any of them but i have a bit of time my DP was not with me and i want his opinion on the bigger things original.gif

#34 LoveMyLife

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hi Ladies, glad were all well

bluebird84 - How exciting, a girl  biggrin.gif

klks - Glad your scan was ok. You also get to have an extra look too.

bub79 - Yay for a boy. With 3 boys, I cant help but feel that your outnumbered though, ha ha.

spitzmum - Wow, you are super organised, but having everything all set up makes everything incredible real

koolkat - I had to return to work when my bub was 6 months. I was really sad about it, but I had to because finances meant that we wouldnt be able to afford for me to stay off longer. I would have liked a year at least.

ellamaree - Glad that bub is ok on your scan. I had to have a TV scan too to measure my placenta. Mine is 2.6cm away, the sonogropher said 3cm is ideal, however, I have since decided she has no idea what she is talking about, and 2 cm is safe. I have also read that some women deliver vaginally with placenta 1cm away at term, so Im not stressing now either.

AFM - Im really impressed at everyone excercising! Im a slob and doing nothing, but I am intending on starting yoga soon.
Were moving house soon to a bigger place, so Im slowly starting to pack stuff away, and get rid of stuff we dont need. Im also going to go to yoga close to our new house, so Im hanging out for that.
Im also past the 20  week mark!!!! And congrats to those who already have, and who are soon!!!!!

#35 msk1

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

Had my ultrasound today, everything looks good.
She said 60% chance of bub being a girl, so going to have to wait and see original.gif

#36 jazzygal

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

Spitzmum – what a pain with your cot. Glad for you that they were able to sort it out for you

Shirleytemple – scan is this afternoon, I have felt all along that it’s a boy. Feeling very apprehensive about the scan, hoping that everything is alright with bub is my main concern. I’m such a worry wart. Good luck with your scan!

Koolcat23 – welcome! Congrats on your boy. Have you got the results back yet? Fingers crossed for you...

Simmy114 – welcome! Ive started to feel bub in the past couple of days. To me, it feels like gas bubbles, but way down below my belly button. I tend to feel it most just after having a drink and eating something.

EllaMaree – Yay for all normal!!! At least you have got some reassurance that your cramps aren’t serious

Xmanmum – good luck with your scan.

Lovemylife – moving, that must be exciting for you! Congratulations on being past halfway.

AFM – have been told that I should already start to look at putting my name down for childcare for when I return to work in 2014!!! I almost fell off my chair. Apparently in Canberra, childcare is very competitive and hard to get.

#37 A&J+

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

I find out when i can have my 20 week scan tomorrow original.gif i am also going to to do a layby of some of the small things for the baby biggrin.gif (baby bath creams powders ect) My DP is currently looking for work in Geelong so moving towns is on the cards for us before bub is born original.gif either way we will be moving house. I am also looking at maybe doing my Midwifery courses after bub is born and then going into that when i go back to work biggrin.gif

#38 Mumoffour99

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been here for ages so I've lost track of everything.
Had my 20 week scan on Monday and bub is very healthy and doing well.
But I have placenta previa, and placenta accreta possibly even increta because they can't see any uterus wall in one section behind the placenta.
So this means even though I'm only 32 there's 95% chance I will be having a hysterectomy on deliver. I'm having a hard time dealing with this and feel I'm starting to get depressed. I know this bub number 5 and don't want to seem ungrateful at all, it's just really hard to hear.

Hope you are all doing well and starting to feel lots of movement xoxo

#39 spitzmum

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

mumoffour99 - I said this on FB, but here's hoping you're part of the 5% to get through without a hysterectomy.  Have you thought about seeing a counsellor at all?  I found one really useful after going through years of infertility.

JamieBaby - it gets exciting when you start buying or laybying stuff!  And midwifery sounds awesome original.gif

jazzygal - OMG - I haven't even started thinking about that yet!  

Has anyone put their child's name down for school yet?  Someone asked me if I had put them down for an expensive private school.  Unfortunately, we're not of a religious denomination that is readily accepted in the Christian/Catholic private school system - so not for us! (We're Pagan, they get a bit antsy laugh.gif)

msk1 - how do they determine a 60% chance?  Or was bub being shy?

LoveMyLife - I was like you until last week - slob!  But I can definitely recommend the yoga - one week and I'm hooked original.gif

AFM, I had a bit of a spell at work yesterday - walked to my lecture theatre, didn't feel out of breath on the way there but when I arrived and stopped to set up for my lecture - breathlessness, dizziness, seeing spots and it was like someone turned down the volume on the outside world.  I managed to hold it together to get the lecture started and taught for the hour.  But I certainly took it easy on the way back.

Apparently, I had all the signs of just being about to faint, but somehow managed to stop it from happening.  I would have been thorough embarrassed fainting in front of 300 students!

I deliberately walked very slowly to all my other class rooms that day - felt very strange - like I was in slow motion and everyone around me was in fast forward!

On a different note - what is everyone's blood pressure like?  Mine seems to be really low - 98/60.

Oh, and we booked in for the CalmBirth course on the recommendation of a friend (and my Chinese medicine doctor).  We're also doing the hospital course as well.

Ok, that's enough rambling from me!

#40 Mumoffour99

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hi spitzmum,
I've been trying to find like a counselling place that deals with these issues but haven't been able to find anywhere yet. Definitely think I need to talk it through with someone. I'm of no use to my other kids at the moment, I'm not even getting the older ones to school.

#41 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone!

mumoffour99 - I really hope you can find a counsellor soon, is there even a counselling hotline you could call? I think there are social workers attached to most hospitals, perhaps they could point you in the right direction? I know I said this on FB, but I am so sorry you got that news. I really hope you are in the 5%.

spitzmum - the topic of schools is an interesting one, I guess it depends on your area and what you want. We never bothered with DS (who is almost 2) as we knew we were moving and schooling here isn't that competitive, but I know its bad in some areas. My BP was low (for me) at my last appt 100/70. My baseline is 120/80. The Ob wasn't worried though, as BP normally drops in the 2nd trimester. What does your Ob think about it? Oh and enjoy the calm birth classes! I did active birthing classes last time, but have heard awesome things about calmbirth.

Jamiebaby - did you find out about your 20wk scan?

jazzygal - good luck with the childcare. I guess it also depends on whether you want family day care or a centre. I know there was a waiting list at our local one, it got a bit tense at mother's group for a while!

msk1 - Congrats on your little girl! Was she being shy, is that why the sonogrpaher gave 60% chance? IS your Ob able to have a look and give you a better idea?

LovemyLife - Congrats on hitting the halfway mark! Good luck moving, last thing I would want to do while pregnant!

Xmanmum - I think you are doing an awesome job working and looking after your DS! I know I wouldn't be inspired to do any exercise if it was that full on for me! Hope your DH gets to feel bubs move soon!

EllaMaree - very average is a compliment, thats all we are hoping for atm!! Glad to hear your scan went well!

simmy114 - Welcome and Congrats! Better late than never! Water classes are awesome! I'd definitely recommend it! I think I'm going to appreciate the weightlessness feeling more and more as I get bigger! And don't worry about not feeling movement yet, you've still got plenty of time.

Koolkat - Welcome & Congrats! Did you get the results of your amnio back today?

AFM - I completely blew out my back the other day. The Dr says I have muscle spasms, so I'm on bed rest for 2 days and need to take it easy for a while. Luckily DH took 2 days off work to look after DS so I don't have to do any heavy lifting. Has made me very very sympathetic to people who have chronic back pain, its awful! Will be booking in to see a chiro once it settles down.

Had my completion scan today. Bubs wasn't exactly cooperative, but we managed to get the pics we needed in the end. Hoping everything is ok, so as long as I don't get a phone call from my Ob in the next day or so, then I know everything is fine.

My aqua aerobics class was awesome! Not too strenuous, but enough to loosen everything up and I felt fantastic afterwards! Was lovely to meet some other pregnant ladies as well and was very social!

Can't believe I'm 21 weeks tomorrow! Counting down to V-Day (viability day) at 24wks. I always feel better after that point! I know it sounds a bit silly, but I always worry about what if something happens before then. Though I hope this bun stays in the oven for the remaining 19wks!

#42 A&J+

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hey everyone original.gif

I had my Doctors appointment yesterday and everything went well he has decided to go back to my original due date of the 9th of January even though my last ultrasound said i was a week behind that as my uterus is measuring at 20 weeks rather then 19 weeks original.gif mv 20 week ultrasound will be on the 3rd of September biggrin.gif

#43 munchmum

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hi Everyone

I haven't posted in months but have been reading on my phone, It's really nice to hear all about the scans ect.

I haven't posted as I have been having a fair amount of bleeding so was just waiting it out but everything seems to be ok now. The bleeding has been caused by placenta previa which it seems a few of us have. I have my anomaly scan in 2 weeks so will see if it has moved then. My ob doesn't seem too worried about it at this stage which is comforting.

I've been doing yoga but just cancelled my gym membership as I'm not making it at all.

Jazzygirl, I'm in Canberra and childcare is very hard to get for under 2's. I listed around 20 wks pregnant with dd for entry at 18 months at 8 centres, and didn't get into any of them, plus they all tell you to ring every 2 months or so or you come off the list. In the end I visited a few centres, and got one day on the spot when I was ready. So effectively jumped the wait list which I think must be what happens alot. Once I was in I got a second day within a month and a third day a few months later. So if you can be flexible you will get in, but perhaps not at your preferred centre. I don't think fdc is much different.  

#44 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Aaahhh I have missed out on so much.. We went away to qld for almost two weeks and I had no Internet on my phone sad.gif

We had out scan on Monday everything is going well and bubs was being cheeky and had its little legs crossed and hands firmly planted over its bits. My partner thinks its hilarious as he didn't want to know the sex and I did.. I'm thinking of going for another scan in a few weeks time.

Hope everybody is well and all the bubs are moving around an giving you tonnes of kicks. Speaking of which mine is a real wriggler. My son got to feel it before his daddy did so he thinks that's pretty special.

Nite all xx will go back and try to catch up on everything!

#45 Mumski11

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi all,

haven't been around much, being back at work from 12th June from my first mat leave and keeping up with my DD who is now walking at 13 months is a little insane!

we're all in a routine now though so life will be a little less hectic until january!

Koolkat - I took a year off as with paid ML and PPL we could just afford it. I loved it, though was also craving being back at work or just having non baby adult interaction by about the 10 month mark.

DD is in Family day care 3 days a week and grandparents have picked up the other 2 days as we couldn't get in anywhere else.

Seedy and DD are booked into our preferred centre for 2014 with the idea of me taking another 12 months off, though we'll play it by ear, I might want/need to go back earlier on a part time basis, have already flagged this with my boss and he's a little excited about that lol  I'm the only one with the qualifications for my role in the company so he was hoping I'd come back a little earlier, but at the same time is a dad himself so wants me to take whatever time I need or want.

Ring up family day cares now and ask to be put on a waiting list, it's a really good option and we love it for DD's age (11-18 months) though will be sending her to a private day care place once i go back to work again and Seedy will also go there, more for convenience.

Put your names down on as many centres as you can, after visiting them!  places that had vacancies almost immediately also had kids that looked at us with sad eyes, runny noses etc etc while carers did other things in the room.  crazy!

#46 spitzmum

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for the tip mumski!

Our neighbour is using a great family day care about 10 minutes away and apparently she only takes 1 child under 2 at a time.  By the time we need day care, hers should be over 2 and hopefully we can slot in original.gif

They are actually looking at building a day care centre about 5 minutes walk down the road - hopefully that plan comes off and we can have somewhere nice and close!

#47 A&J+

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

I have not even thought about day care yet not even for my one year old as we are looking at moving so i cant really make any decision until we either do or don't move but i have a big family so Christian has 5 little kids he can play with and that's just family original.gif however if we do stay i know what kinder i will be sending Christian to for 3 year old kinder

#48 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

I just got a call from my obstetrician about my scan last week. Bubs' heart doesn't appear to be in the right position in the chest. She says it could just be a different version of 'normal' i.e. have no impact on bubs, but they want another scan to make sure there is nothing pressing on the heart like a tumour or fluid to press it out of the way. Of course she's told me not to worry, but I'm a blubbering crying mess.

I have a scan on Thursday with the specialist, so I am grateful we won't have to wait too long. He will be able to tell us on the spot if there is anything wrong.

#49 A&J+

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

*ShirleyTemple* sorry to hear that I hope the scan shows that bub is fine and there is nothing to worry about

#50 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Good luck Shirley temple I hope everything is fine xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.