Due in Jan, 2013 Chat Thread #11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#51 eleven

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Oh how worrying Shirley Temple! Please let us know how it goes but try and distract yourself for now... I've got my big ultrasound on Fri and were hoping that everything s ok and we can find out whether we're expecting a boy or girl... So exciting!

#52 Maybe317

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

*shirleytemple* i hope everything with bub is okay! Keep us posted. Fingers crossed but I am sure all is well. X

#53 Maybe317

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

I actually have access to a computer today rather than my iPhone. So I joined the facebook group. Love seeing all your bellies!

I have had a horrible cold for the last week. And also decided to cut out coffee. I know there is probably no reasoning behind it but I have such horrible withdrawals from caffeine that I dont want to imagine what the baby would go through when it is cut off from the placenta and no caffeine! So I decided I would do it now. But having a cold and withdrawing was horrible. Finally over the migraines... but still have a horrible cough and nausea. sad.gif

I have my obstetrician appointment today a bit later. Just another check up but get to go through the anatomy scan so hope all is well.

My little baby has a favourite drink. Apple juice! it starts doing back flips as soon as I swallow the first mouth full! when my friends come over I have a glass and then they all get to feel it moving. Very reassuring.

best wishes to everyone. xx

#54 NikkiNuNu

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Hi Everyone

Shirleytemple - Im so sorry to hear that news. I hope everything works out and little bub is Healthy and Happy. Sending you all my love and wishes.

#55 JillyJellyBean

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hello ladies,

Koolkat- I returned to work for one day when bubs was 1 month. It was hard yakk, but we were desperate for the $. It was doable though and by the time I got used to it, pretty enjoyable (Bubs was with family for the day). I went from there to 3 days at 4 months and full time at 6 months. I want more time at home this time (not sure how well cope financially) though just to give myself time to be a mum.

msk-1- yeah for having a girl. Am i right that you have 2 boys already?

Shirley Temple - I know what you mean about 24 weeks. Also, sorry about the scan result. I cant believe they told you not to worry. Id be a mess, and Im really not sure what to say to be of comfort. Stay strong though, sending lots of posiitve thoughts your way that all is well. bbighug.gif

jazzygirl - yes day care in Canberra is a nightmare. I would be getting on waitlists now. Where do you live? North or south? Sometime family day care can be easier to get into too.

Mumoffour99 - as pp have said lets hope your in the 5%. Lots of positive thoughts your way too original.gif

AFM - not much to report. Still dont think Im feeling movements, which is a bit of a bummer. I am pretty much terrified while pregnant so anything sets me off. Luckily I have a doppler at home I can get out when I get desperate (they really dont recommend this as it kind of feeds the terror). Ah the joys. Bring on January!

Take care everyone,

JB original.gif

#56 LoveMyLife

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Grrr,
DD has been awake all night (probably teething), which means I have been too, and I have a stack of things to do today.

Anyway, Im starting to feel really 'big', I have been showing early, but this week, I feel that everything is pulling and stretching inside. Im only 21 weeks, and I think ill be delivering a whale by the time Im 40 weeks!

shirleytemple - Hope everything is well, and hope the scan and appointment go ok on Thursday.

jillyjellybean - Im hoping to stay off work longer this time around too. We chose to have 2 close together, with the intention of me putting my career on hold until the kids are at school. I returned to work when DD was 6 months old, she will be 18 months when bub is born.
I too, am not quite sure how it will work out financially, but Im sure we will cope.

Sorry about the lack of personals, my eyeballs are falling out into my coffee....
Hope everyone is well, belly rubs to all.

#57 A&J+

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hey everyone original.gif
How are you all today? I have been having horrible hip and lower back pain the last couple of days I didn't get this with my last pregnancy at least not that I recall anyway. I am 21 weeks today biggrin.gif Yay I will put a photo of my bump on the Facebook group later today so you can all see original.gif

#58 klks

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

Every time I click on the Facebook link it just redirects me to my home newsfeed. Can anybody tell me how I can access it? Have been trying for a while now.

#59 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Just sent you a PM klks - let me know if you don't get it.

Edited by *ShirleyTemple*, 29 August 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#60 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Cannot wait for tomorrow to get here, the waiting and the unknown is just awful.

Jamiebaby - Hope your back is feeling better?

LovemyLife - Hope your DD makes up for last night with an epic nap today so you can catch up on that sleep!

JillyJellyBean - Hope you start to feel something soon, at least to help ease your anxiety!

EllaMaree - How did your appt go with your Ob? My bubs loves juice as well, sends it hypo!

mumski - How is work going? I bet your DD is keeping you on your toes!

corynbiancasmum - cheeky little bubba! I hope it cooperates if you do go for another scan!

munchmum - glad to hear that the bleeding has settled down for you. Hopefully that is a sign that your placenta has moved up.

AFM - We are going ok here. Feeling like we have a bit of a cloud hanging over us until Thursday, just wishing time would hurry up, but it always seems to do the opposite! Took DS to playgroup today, was a good distraction for me. He's just crashed out, its so hot here atm, poor little munchkin was covered in sweat by the time we got home.

Bubs is starting to kick harder and more often now, still feels a bit muted with my anterior placenta, but bubs definitely lets me know if I bend over to much and squish them!  

Nothing much else going on, just in limbo land really.

#61 Xmanmum

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thinking of you ShirleyTemple, hope your mind is put at rest tomorrow & everything is ok
Xx

#62 Beau-lea

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Love reading everyone's updates and I'm sure people on the train must think I'm weird smiling tO myself all the time.

It's hard to write to u individually on my iPhone sorry I don't mean to be rude :-/

We had our scan yesterday and pending OB appointment babys looking great!
We are having a BOY!!! DH is Over the moon and seems now interested in the whole process of naming / decorating / clothing etc

How do I get to the FB site??

#63 A&J+

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

*ShirleyTemple* My back is feeling heaps better today original.gif

JixxerBeau There is a link on the first page of the EDD post biggrin.gif

my DP gave me a back rub last night and it really helped out a lot original.gif my back is feeling a lot better i think i had just over done it with the bending down and standing back up the other day when i was doing the house work since my DP's idea of putting our folded clothes away was to dump them on the bedroom floor :S i had to pick them all up re-fold them and sort them so i could put them away. hope all you ladies are doing well original.gif

#64 NikkiNuNu

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi Everyone

ShrileyTemple - Hope everthing goes well today and you get good news!!

We had a scan last week. Sorry for such a late post. She said that everthing looks good with the baby. We got her to write down the sex on a piece of paper so if we wanted to find out we could. We waited a few days becuase i was adamant that i wasnt going to look but my husband wanted to, he looked and then i couldnt stand him knowing and me not. We wanted to celesbrate knowing together so we both looked!!! but were not telling anyone (Sorry!!) Hope thats not stupid!.
We also had our sons first birtjhday party on Saturday. Went fantastic everyonne had such a great day. HE was soooo tried, didnt sleep well that night.

Im feeling fine at the moment, just feeling quite big.
Sorry for no personals.

Talk to everyone soon.
Feel Happy - Be Happy

#65 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Just popping in quickly to let you all know that our scan went really well and that bubs is looking fine!  eexcite.gif

Dr did say that bubs is very hard to scan, seems to like awkward positions plus difficult to see through my scar tissue and placenta seem to be the explanation for the incorrect images the first time around.

So so so relieved! Really was not expecting that result! Don't ever want to go through that stress again!

Thank you all for your well wishes and positive thoughts!

#66 Xmanmum

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

That's great news ShirleyTemple!!  What a relief for you after all that stress.

We had our 20 week scan today, everything is looking fine, we confirmed that he is DEFINITELY a boy (no mistaking it!) and got to see him having a good old roll around, which was lovely.  

Hope everyone is well xxx

#67 gkdownes

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hi guys! I've been slack.. Been reading though and looking at FBook page. My laptop is in getting repaired so I'm using my iPhone to look at everything.
Our scan is on Friday 7th... Can't wait!!!!

I'm still going to exercise classes. Mostly things like Spin and  boxing.

I'll post on the weekend when I can get on a computer original.gif

#68 shanilee

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Hey everyone..

First of all I want to say sorry for not being around, I've been very slack on here.. However I am on the FB page everyday liking and commenting etc.. It's just easier on FB I guess (I am lazy)..

Hope all is well, we had our 20 week scan which for those on the FB page would have seen a pic and read that I am actually measuring 2 weeks ahead of original dates given at my early 6 week dating scan. I originally thought I was a week or two ahead of what they first told me, so maybe I was right. The sonographer told me I am either the 2 weeks ahead or I have a big baby lol. Hoping for the 2 weeks ahead lol.. When I go see the ob next week he will then decide if they will change my EDD or keep it.. If it is changed it will most likely make me new years day!
As for the sex we didn't find out and hubby and I even looked away from the screen when she was at "that area".. Got some cute pics for the album!

*ShirleyTemple* I was very glad to read on FB that your scan went well today, such a relief!

Sorry for no other personals, will have to visit here more often, rather than being lazy and just sticking my nose in the FB page!

#69 huxley123

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

shirleytemple such amazing and relieving news for you and everyone here i think! It makes my heart stop everytime i read someone is going through something like that. Ive recently started becoming so much more attached to my little one ...i think its now it seems more real and felt a few wriggles...and the cute pics i have now. At first I didnt dare fall in love with bub but now its so hard not to. Its heart breaking to think of anything going wrong. Im so happy for you x
shanilee i do think its easier on fb and i defo do more personals on there...its fine to be lazy when your pg heehee!...save that energy! original.gif
#

#70 mrsfirehouse

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

So exciting to hear everyone's news about their sexes and surprises! Our scan is in a week, September 10, before I fly back home to Aust September 11 for a 3 week stint. We're finding out! Each of my last 3 appts have ended with the dr telling me that I've lost more and more weight (thanks MS), am finally hoping that despite my heartburn, I've finally put on at least a little weight.

I've been a bit slack in posting and have found everyone's information about what to buy and not to buy endlessly helpful. We're going down the ikea route, tomorrow in fact. The room will be uni-sex though, not keen on blue and pink. I have a bad back and since I used to work as Physio am investing in a good chair for breastfeeding. Going to look at one tomorrow that I found on craigslist.

Am just sitting here drinking tea and feeling bub moving, it's a bizarre feeling like butterflies in my tummy that won't stop.

Good luck to those whose scans are coming up and congrats to those who are so organised as to have names! Wow!

#71 A&J+

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

I have my 20 week scan in the morning biggrin.gif really cant wait get to find out if we will have another little Prince or if we will get our first Princess biggrin.gif we have also decided today to contact our landlord about signing a six month lease as ours ends this week and we have not been able to find another house in this town sad.gif my DP has to also find a new job as he is not getting payed regularly (i tell you all  working for family is not the best idea) hopping it will not take long for DP to get a new job so we can get back on top of everything and buy all our big baby stuff sad.gif had to use my baby shopping money to keep us going why did he have to fall behind in the wages after we got pregnant :S

#72 eleven

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

Hi Ladies!

I had my 19 week scan on Friday and bub was measuring 20w 6 days so we've adjusted our EDD to around the 13th Jan instead of the 20th...

I was surprised at how detailed and long this scan was (we were in with the sonographer for 50 minutes) and discovered we're expecting a little boy! It came as quite a surprise because I'd convinced myself I was having a girl.. I'm starting to get my head around it though!

The fact that it's a boy brings up the subject of circumcision. I'm against it as I think it's barbaric, but DH is for it, probably because he's been done himself, but he says there's research to support it. I don't want to start a debate but wondered if anyone has any good info for or against. I want to make the right decision for our little man.

Hope everyone's feeling well. I'm tired but fine otherwise and really starting to show now. I'm a bit surprised because I'm a big girl and didn't think I'd show for many more weeks to come, but things are rearranging I guess...

Anyway, off to bed I go....

Good luck to all having scans this week....xx

#73 Zarlias

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

There was a massive thread on here during the week re:circumcision.

I'm in exactly the same boat, but since reading the information presented I cannot fathom how DH could possibly think it's a good idea.

Still yet to re-raise the subject at home, but I feel A LOT more prepared to fight against it after what I've learnt here.

Will try to find a link.

#74 Happy_daisy

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

As Zarlias said, do a search on here...there have been heaps of circumcision threads. But be prepared because it's a very emotive topic.
Personally I feel, especially after having a child myself, that I could never ever voluntarily submit my child to that sort of procedure without a very good medical reason. Tasmania were recently considering banning it unless required for medical or religious reasons (there was an article on here about it...worth a read). For me that says a lot.
Worth doing some research on anyway.

#75 JillyJellyBean

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi everyone,

ShirleyTemple - so pleased about the result of your scan. Woohoo.

Circumcision - DH and I watched a doco about it when I was preggers with DS. The baby actually passed out from the pain. It was really distressing to watch. I think if your adamant it needs to be done for medical reasons it needs to be done under a general. (Not sure if thats possible). Ask hubby to do more research perhaps? Good luck with that, its a big decision. FWIW we decided against it, but I think its a really personal decision.

Other than that - we have our morphology scan tomorrow which Im supers excited about! Im going to find out the sex this time (after much soul searching). Knowing my luck the little cutie will have its legs crossed and I wont be able to tell anyway ha ha. Ill let you know how I get on!~

Have a nice day
JB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.