Due in August 2012

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Just wondering how you are all going?  How many bubs do we have now?    Labour vibes to those
still waiting.

Kind regards

Ali

#2 lace

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

My due date today and still waiting. No action. Will probably do more meditation today to help my mind cope with the fact that I'm going to go overdue. I was so sure he'd arrive early like my first baby.

Wondering if Marylou's has arrived today?

#3 ms-marti

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

lakurumau - hope you get an exit soon  biggrin.gif My due date is 27/08/2012 but due to gestational diabetes the bubs is going to be evicted next week sometime unless he gets his little butt in order and comes out on his own  wink.gif Still as I am not too uncomfortable it’s not been worrying me much if anything I am more freaked by going into labour all on my own as my first had been an induction I sort of don't know what to expect blush.gif silly I know.

#4 lace

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

ms-marti - my first was also an induction, at 39 weeks. I was really hoping to experience spontaneous labour this time, as it's apparently less intense than an induced one...?...but if my blood pressure is still high on Monday I'll be induced again. Although by Monday I'll probably be begging them to get him out and I won't care about spontaneous anything!

#5 Rosie R

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

No news from Marylou is good news I'm guessing original.gif I hope all is well with her and newby.

Lakurumau, thanks for the support, sending you positive vibes for lower blood pressure original.gif I hope the meditation helps.  Do you like Lavendar or Camomile essential oils?  I've been using them a lot this week, it's been quite calming. I've had an interesting 24 hours, yesterday was a bit teary, then last night I had no movement so we went to the hospital at 5am just to make sure all was ok...seems bubs active previous days made her tired and that's all it was thankfully.  Dr said my blood pressure was a bit high today too but I don't think too much to worry about, if she hasn't come by Wednesday I'm getting induced too but Dr wants me to have a CT scan on monday as well.  

Meditation is a great idea, I have a couple of quiet hours available so it's perfect time for me to do a little of the same original.gif  
I've tried so hard not to be a worry wart but I think I've been keeping myself so busy that I've kind of done the opposite to what I intended.  So I'm just going to hang out on my fitball tonight and breath....bring on active labour....relax that cervix Tounge1.gif

take care everyone and congrats to those that have new bundles of joy  wub.gif

#6 lace

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

RosieR - I know how you're feeling. It's the waiting that makes it harder - everything's on hold. I tired myself out cleaning the house and then got teary a couple of days ago.

I meditated on it all yesterday and came out with a better perspective on everything. I really hadn't expected to still be pregnant now, but as long as baby is healthy, then waiting is just waiting and doesn't have to include worry or frustration. Easier said than done of course.

Last night I picked up my crochet needle and started a new project - that's always relaxing.

I haven't used chamomile oil but have been drinking the tea a lot, and have been bathing in lavender and clary sage oil every night!

#7 marylou78

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Good evening ladies Rosie R, lakurumau: Our gorgeous little boy Brandon Andrew arrived safely on due date lol @ 2:57am weighing in at 7p, 8ounces, 48cm long, & HC of 35.5cm. Only arrived at hospital at 2am, so was nice & quick! Brandon & mummy doing & feeling well and home already comfortably with rest of family!
Our little man is a gem; so well behaved, we are enjoying lots of snuggles with him.

Good luck lakurumau with your meditation; i certainly hope it works for you!

Good luck Rosie R hope your BP comes down for you & if induction does happen, hope all goes well!!

Loving being a mummy all over again biggrin.gif

#8 lace

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Oh big congratulations Marylou! And a spontaneous labour! Fantastic.

Glad one of ours arrived on the 17th!!

(still nothing happening here...)

#9 lace

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

Well, my son finally arrived safely in the early hours of 23 August, 6 days after due date and 4 days before a booked induction. Labour was fast but he unexpectedly turned out to be posterior and ended up with a bruised forehead as a result from repeatedly hitting my pelvic bone on the way out. sad.gif Poor little guy. But he's going great, feeding really well, and his big sister approves! Now I begin life as a mother of two!
Hope all the Augusters are going well.

#10 CCABW

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

Congratulations lakurumau and marylou78!  Enjoy your new gorgeous bundles!!!

I'm now 1 day over due date and over this whole being pregnant thing.  Hurry up little bubba!!!

#11 White-Lily

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hello everyone!!

Not sure if anyone remembers me?? I went missing for pretty much for the whole third trimester mainly due to work dramas and then pregnancy complications and illness.

So due to the pregnancy complications (cholestasis) I was induced on the 10th of August as it wasnt safe for bub any more on the inside.
At 11:07am we welcomed Neve Angelina into the world after a 2hr and 7min labour   ohmy.gif it was soooo quick!! And would have been quicker if I let my body start pushing when it wanted to! Everything went really well (apart from the shock of such a speedy delivery) and we have both recovered really well and are all settled in at home now. I think the Cholestasis has cleared up but I will have to have bloods done to confirm at the 6 week check up.

My big girl is loving being a sister (after a few funny days) and is very helpful most of the time which has been great.

Breastfeeding is going really well - Neve feeds like a champ - and aside for some jaundice which is being monitored, all is good.  

Today is my first day at home alone with the girls as DH is back at work today so this has been my first real chance to get back online original.gif

Hope everyone is enjoying their newborns and those that are still waiting dont have to wait much longer!

Just wondering if anyone is heading over to the parents group?? Would love to continue to chat if anyone is interested.

#12 lace

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Congrats WhiteLily! My daughter is only about six months older than yours - so they are learning to be a sibling at around about the same age. Daughter has been great - the main thing she's adjusting to is parental attention - but there's been no jealousy and she just wants to kiss and cuddle her little brother all the time.

Hope all is going smoothy now that your partner is back at work. Mine is out at job interviews today - fingers crossed!

#13 ms-marti

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hi Ladies,
Been having internet issues and when it's been working I've been busy checking Facebook  blush.gif hence the delay but finally announcing the arrival of Jack Henry W.
Born Friday 24th August 2012 at 6.10pm
Weight 3.54kg
Height: 52cm
Big sister is utterly smitten thus far though there have been some major hyperactivity moments that have required some serious time out time  rolleyes.gif guess that's nothing unexpected.

Going to now read back over posts and BBL.

#14 Rosie R

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Congratulations Ladies! Very happy to hear everyone is well original.gif

I've been offline till today, I went into spontaneous labour finally on the 19th August.  Second stage started about 4.30am on the 20th.  Our beautiful Adelita was born at 11.43am on Monday the 20th of August biggrin.gif at 7.2 pound.  (We arrived at the hospital about 8.30am so my labour was fairly quick too).

Things got a bit complicated in that Adelita had the cord wrapped quite tightly around her neck and a second time around her torso and during birth the placenta started to break away.  Adelita lost blood during birth, she was pretty grey, it was a bit scary.  She spent her first couple of days in a crib to regulate her temperature and assist her breathing.  Since then she's improved out of sight.  She was released from the special care nursery on Sunday (happy father's day dad!).  She's been feeding well since we got home and in general is just being tooo cuuute.  wub.gif

#15 CCABW

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

Congratulations ladies!!

I had a little girl last week - her three brothers are thrilled with her!!  As are her parents!!!  Feeding and sleeping going well!

#16 ~A2~

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

How is everyone going.

I presume you are all posting in the August 2012 Parents Group and wanted to wish you all the best.

Regards

Ali

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.