3D/4D ultrasound

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 MissButtercup

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hi there,
I've recently found out that 4D scans are available locally for the first time and I am think I'll book myself in. Is anyone else planning on booking on?? Theyre suppose to be best done between 26-32 weeks.

#2 spitzmum

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

I've seen them but we're not planning on doing it - we had a quick look via 3D at our morphology scan (technically 4D as we were seeing it in real time)

I think DH would pitch a fit if I wanted one - the scientist in him believes it can't truly be 4D because humans can only view in a max of 3D laugh.gif

#3 Beau-lea

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

At $350 I decided against it.... That money can goto other things I think

#4 FrootLoop

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

I am considering it, seeing this will be our last baby. We will never have the chance to do it again. In Melbourne, you can have it done for $225 including DVD and photos, which is not that bad really. With my oldest two, this technology was not available, and with my youngest, I wanted it, but didn't end up getting it done.Main reason I want it is to confirm gender. We had our 19 week scan yesterday and she said it was a girl, I know they get girls wrong sometimes, so another scan would be nice original.gif

#5 cordyline

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

The fetal medicine clinic that did our 12wk & 19wk scans - also take some shots in 3D/4D (I dont why it can really be called 4D either - lol)

The offer non-medical 3D/4D scan around 30-34 wks but I don't see the point as we already have photos/video. But I reserve the right to change my mind lol. It does cost $220 though!!

#6 MissButtercup

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yep ours will cost $200 (with DVD & photos) and we'll have it done for similar reasons as above, this is our last and the technology wasn't available for our first 2.

#7 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

I'm actually going in on Thursday for a 3d/4d scan. I am purely going to find out the sex of our baby as at the 20 week scan bub had legs crossed with hands also in front. I was told she saw one sex but not the other and that wasn't enough for me so I am going to get another scan done which is purely gender related not medically. Costing $175 with a 10% voucher. I wouldn't normally get a 4th scan but I really want to know the sex. Good luck with finding out the sex I can't wait!!!

#8 spitzmum

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

Do they guarantee they'll be able to tell you the sex? Or they keep scanning until he/she uncrossed their legs?

#9 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

The place I am going to tomorrow said if the baby is facing the wrong way or has the legs crossed they will send me for a walk first than try again and if they still can't see they will reshedule the appt at there expense. I just want to be shown the boy bits it the lines to feel a little bit more at ease. I am desperate to know now and am wishing today to go super fast hehe

#10 spitzmum

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

Glad they will re-schedule the appt if bub is not cooperating original.gif

#11 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Let's just hope baby behaves tomorrow because I really really want to know hehehe

#12 shanilee

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

I was able to have a quick look in 3D and get a couple of photos printed at my most recent scan.. It was actually just an internal to check my cervix but the chick doing the scan felt bad and let me see bub and flicked it over to 3D.

#13 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Had my scan Thursday arvo and OMG it was simply amazing!! It was all in 3D and the pictures we got are just beautiful. Was way better than I expected it to be and was kinda bummed my partner missed out in the experience. Anybody tossing up whether or not to go, I'd really suggest you go!!

#14 spitzmum

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

Congrats!! Did you find out the sex?

#15 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Yeah I did... Super exciting!! I'm not aloud to tell anybody thoughts my partner doesn't want to know sad.gif

Really looking forward to setting up the nursery now YAY!!!!!

#16 spitzmum

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

I don't think I could know the gender and not tell my partner - I'd go insane!

Have fun with your nursery setup original.gif

#17 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

It is insanely frustrating and I bug him all the time to find out but than feel guilty cause I don't want to pressure him into knowing. My friends knows the secret though so I have her to talk about it with so I won't go insane hehe

#18 eleven

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

I had my 3D/4D scan on Sat and the photos are amazing... it cost $200 for about 40 photos printed and on cd and a dvd of the session. I am SO glad we did it... we went to BabyGlimpse in Westmead, NSW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.