Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Happy 1st Birthday
Pyper!

eexcite.gif ddance.gif eexcite.gif ddance.gif

#6 daisyt

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PYPER!!! original.gif

Hope you had a wonderful day Leila!
Can't believe your little princess is one already!

Edited by daisyt, 02 September 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#7 chookys2boys

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Wow I have missed so much!!

Daisy, I think we are heading your way next month, will let you know biggrin.gif
Isnt it funny how we hate not sleeping etc, but wouldnt ever trade it for anything in the world!!!! Wish Lexie would sleep for you though, its not fair!

WOWSERS Katiebelle and RM!!!!!! How awesome!!! Congrats ladies!!

Julz, Im glad Tahlias eye has recovered well. What a bonus that she can see light and dark!

Mintie, happy belated first birthday to Freddie! Cant believe its been a year already!

Bree, hunni, thanks so much for your text the other week, it really meant alot to me <3
Im so excited for you being in talks to put frosty in!!! So happy for you! Being a mum is the best thing in the world!

Jo, hugs hun, how are you going?

Tookey! I cant believe DD is 2 already!!! WTH happened with the last 2 years?!!!

Bighugs and waves to everyone else! Sorry there is just too much to catch up on!!!

Heaps has been happening here, been a very eventful few weeks.

#8 Tookey

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

I keep forgetting to look in here!! Sorry girls!

Wow pyper is one! Hope she had a lovely day!!

Chook welcome back !! What's been happening?

Afm just plodding along...lots of hospital visits to my girlfriend somthathas been keeping me busy in a sad way though sad.gif she is at palliative care stage now sad.gif anyway not going to go thru all the details now but may need to debrief at some stage.  Ds starts his transition to school program on Friday...I can't believe he is starting prep next year! Dd is a cheeky monkey just turned two last month..she sure does keep me on her toes...her fav saying now is "me do" driving me crazy!! Lol..

Hope everyone is well...must get back into popping in here!

#9 JulzNGrant

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Toookey, I have been wondering about your friend and how she is doing. Sending you my love and feel free to chat whenever you want xxxx

#10 liela

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

Sorry I have forgotten to drop by here. Thanks to everyone for my Princesses birthday wishes she had a wonderful day and was very spoilt by her friends and loved ones. I am truly blessed that this little person chose me for her Mummy, and still pinch myself that I get to keep her.

RM - a big huge congrats to you, hope the MS isn't being too bad.

Tookey - I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. It must be heart breaking to just wait for the inevitable. bbighug.gif

Julz - so pleased to hear a positive outcome for your Princess

Daisy - well done on weaning Miss L, I need to start thinking about it too if we are going try a frostie, but she is such a little boobie lover it won't be an easy task.

Mummyof2 - hope all is going well with your boys

Will try and remember to stick my head back in here. I have missed catching up each day on what everyone is up to.

hheart.gif and bbighug.gif

#11 Tookey

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Gee I cant believe how quickly our babies are growing up!  Freddie is going to be one this week too!! How does this happen??Time seems to go forever when we are pregnant and the next minute they are one, two etc...cherish every day with them thats all I can say original.gif

Thanks for your thoughts with my Girlfriend...she really is the most amazing person I have ever met.  Even with everything she has faced and is facing she never complains..she had a minor procedure on Thursday last week to kill some nerves off in her back to try to relieve some of the extreme pain she is getting. it was meant to be a day procedure but she is still in hospital from terrible side effects...her fiance is really mad as to why they even put her thru the operation knowing how weak she is and it is just reducing the time she has with being in hospital and not home with her darling girl and him.   I have been going into hospital every second night to give her some laughs...DH and the kids came in on Sunday too she was so happy to see them also.. was lovely.   Hoping she is home tomorrow, will go back in tonight to see how she is.  

My mum has been diagnosed with Emphysema and has never touched a smoke in her life so am devestated.. it is only mild so hopefully she just needs to be watched carefully as there is no cure for it.  She has to have another CT scan in 6 weeks time to make sure it hasnt progressed.  Then off to see a specalist.  Why does all this happen to the good people when my MIL is an alcholic 5 years ago excaped death twice and is still living and creating pain for us.. sorry I am just really angry and stressed atm so I needed to let it all out.  

Well thats me for now.. feel like I am living a double life!  happy around those who dont know my situation and sad behind closed doors...

Hope everyone is doing well and those with bubs on board and growing them beautifully... we need some  more belly shots girls!!

#12 pili-pala

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hi girls

Thought I would have a look and I see the thread is back!

Tookey, your friend sounds so strong given everything that she is facing. And gosh about your mum, I hope it won't affect her too much? I am not sure about the effects of emphysema.

Daisy, we are nt going to Eden now   sad.gif  we are doing the drop off at cann river on Thursday. Dad said he would one a bit closer to us. So Seren will have two weeks with them whilst we pack and move. And to give you hope, Seren has slept through three nights this year! Actually no four. All been this month and have coincided with her being able to play by herself and giving her toys voices. So fingers crossed, this is a trend!

Happy belated birthday to Pyper. And to Freddie (did I miss it or is it coming up soon?). And no doubt I missed others.

I am doing ok, but it's tough knowing that our family won't grow, so trying to focus on other things and be thankful that we have at least got Seren. We are moving back to Canberra next week, and there we shall stay for at least ten years.

#13 daisyt

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hey girls,

Congrats Jo on Seren sleeping through!!! I hope that you're feeling much better for it!
Am crushed that we won't get to meet!!
Was really looking forward to catching up!  sad.gif
DP and i have been in Canberra a bit lately seeing his family, so maybe next time we're up there we can organise to meet up?

Tookey, i,m so sorry to hear about your mum and the struggles with your best friend! I quite often ask myself the same question 'why do bad things always seem to happen to good people'!  It truely sucks!  Sending you huge  bbighug.gif

Leila, goodluck on using your frosties  smile1.gif
thats awesome news!
I have been 'unbelievably clucky' lately!
DP and i both realise that ivf is completely out of the question (financially and emotionally)
So i,m kinda hoping that the "natural conception fairy" might pay us a visit!!!!
I do realise that it's probably impossible, i am 40! (god i hate typing that!!) and my body still hasn't gone back to 'normal' since Lexie! but i guess there's nothing wrong with 'hoping'!
Little Lexie seems more baby crazy than me!!!
It would be lovely to give her a little sibling, but we're pretty realistic! and do realise how lucky we are to have her and her big brother!

Anyway, the only other complaint i have is that we are on bloody page 3!!!
PAGE 3!!!!!!  ffear.gif

C'mon girlies!!! come back!!!!!!!

Look forward to hearing from everyone!
xxxxxxx

#14 ~RM~

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

Happy first birthday Freddie, Mintie the cake looks amazing you are very talented!!!!!

Daisy- good luck, you never know it might be meant to be  hheart.gif

Jo- best of luck with the move. Big hugs for you too. Can we see some more photos of your gorgeous Seren on FB?

Tookey- big hugs, must be so incredibly emotionally draining and difficult for you supporting your friend sad.gif

AFM 9 weeks and MS is just starting to settle down, had a tough few weeks lol.

#15 chookys2boys

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hi ladies!

Oh Tookey, what a s*&t time you are having. You must be so exhausted. Samantha must be so relieved to have such a strong supportive friend like you. Wow to your mums diagnosis, thats so not fair sad.gif Did she work with smokers? All the best to her and I hope they can manage it ok for her. My poppy had it, but he was a smoker for 60 years. In the end he was unable to walk from one end of the house to the other, and was on permanent o2. But that is a bad case.
Cant belive T is a prep next year!! its the best year ever! But boy it goes so fast!! Alex has nearly finished prep now and has grown so much, next years preppies were at a transition day the other week and they are so tiny!!

Mintie happy birthday to Freddie! that has gone so fast! Hope Owen is well too

Julz how is DD recovery going?

RM <3 Morning sickness sucks!

Jo thats great that Seren is sleeping through!! hugs hunni, sorry your family wont be growing sad.gif

Daisy, was so great to hear from you!! Lexie is growing so much! Hope shes sleeping better for you soon, todd is hit and miss, most nights though he sleeps through. Me on the other hand, I dont, think I forgot how!!

Waves to everyone else!!

AFM
Its been a busy stressful wonderful 19 months, so much has happened. DH depression is mostly under control. Do not want to go back there again. Alex started Prep this year, almost finished too! Hard to believe next year hes in grade 1!!  He is loving it and his speech has improved so much! We were going to get him tested for Caeliacs, but decided against putting him through the trauma of bloodtests. So hes on a mostly gluten free diet and laxatives if he struggles. Plus we have just had a german measles scare, one of the preps came down with it so they were all exposed to it! Yay, not!

Todd is one mad little kid! He has to be in the pram otherwise he runs! Yep hes a runner! He is a fulltime job but oh so cute! He saw the cardiologist from Royal Childrens hosp early this month, all clear for the aortic valve issues that are in the family, but he has some pulmonary valve problems and his aorta has a slightly elevated blood flow/pressure. But in saying all that, they are not really concerned, it should not affect him as he grows, check up again in 12 months. Big sigh of relief!
My little baby has just been moved into a bigboy bed! Lets see how he goes!!

Think thats it, not much else happening, finding it hard to lose weight, going grey, on tablets to try clear my terrible skin, still kicking on!!! <3

#16 ~Mintie~

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes original.gif F had a great day, he had his first train ride into the city, then O, F and I had our first ride on the Monorail (about an hr before it broke down, trapping passengers for over an hr!), then we went on the ferry, went to the zoo then headed back home. A huge day but so much fun.
Both kids are going well, O's settling well into daycare now which is a relief. F was never too fussed and doesn't care as long as he's getting milk and attention. I'm enjoying being back at work, it's nice to have some time to myself, and the extra cash is good.

Daisy fingers crossed the UTD fairy sprinkles a little dust in the right place Tounge1.gif Same goes for a few others out there who I know are quietly hoping.

JIM I hope Seren's sleep continues to improve.

Tookey if you ever feel the need to debrief, please know we're all here for you. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your mum sad.gif My grandmother passed away from Emphysema and she struggled for many years. Hopefully with your mum's just being mild she will continue to live a long life.

RM I hope the MS is starting to ease up.

Chook great to hear Todd got the all clear. That must have been quite a relief! Hopefully the other issues never become any cause for concern.

Sorry, I know I've missed people, but I'm going to leave it at that for now. I can hear 2 hungry kids swinging on the kitchen gate which means the animals need to be fed wink.gif

#17 :-monkeymum-:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

waves.gif

For the girls that aren't on FB or havent seen it, just putting out he invite for those that would like to do Secrect Santa this year, present is usually $20 not including postage.  If you would like to be apart of this, please let me know and I shall add you to the list.

Should really find the time to do a propper update...when the klds aren't under my feet.

Hope everyone is well original.gif

#18 JulzNGrant

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hey Ladies ! Just bumping us up

Hope that everyone is well & gmhad a great weekend

BBL

#19 daisyt

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hey girlies waves.gif

As i said to Monkeymum, i,m not gonna cave and join facebook! but i will beg you all
to come in and PUHLEEESEEE say hi!!!!!! hands.gif
I,ve even joined secret santa this year!!! First time ever!

I miss you all and want to see updated pics of all the little cherubs!! original.gif
Well my little miss Lexie-lou will be 18 months old on Wednesday!
OMG, where has the time gone?
She is saying sooo many new words, and already has an awesome(cheeky) sense of humour!
She adores all animals and is totally baby obsessed!(i thought i was bad)
She has about 7 of her own baby dolls, and it's become a ritual to line them up everynight and 'feed' them!
She has to cuddle them all too, and never misses any of them!!! She's a mini mother theresa!
I,m already picturing  being a nanna of ten!!!

Anyway i,ll attach a pic and hopefully so will everyone else, as i feel like i miss out on seeing everyone elses
babies growing!

Lotsa luv to you all xx

#20 daisyt

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Sorry!
Here's the link
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss271/D...pictures009.jpg

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss271/D...pictures010.jpg

Edited by daisyt, 22 October 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#21 ~Mintie~

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Lexie is just gorgeous Daisy! Becoming a real little girl now!

Things are travelling ok here, or it would be if the kids would stop getting sick! F's going great guns, I can't believe how much more advanced he is than O at this age. He has an amazing vocabulary, he just walks around the house pointing and telling us what things are, like "shower" "dog" and pushes a drawer closed and tells us "shut!". O, well he's busy telling us where farts come from..."Ohhh, Daddy's bum! Pffrr!" waving his hand in front of his nose. Cheeky bugger.

Not much else to report, so here's a couple of photos

O
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr105/m...zps969b822e.jpg
F
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr105/m...zps94dced1f.jpg

#22 daisyt

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Awww thanks so much Mintie!

Your boys are just too cute!
Owen is such a little man!
Lexie actually tells us when she's farted, and says "fart... pardnen!!"
The gorgeousness definately outweighs the sleepnesness!!!

#23 JulzNGrant

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Here are some recent pics of my cheeky little girl, can't believe that she is 10 months old

#24 daisyt

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hi Julz  waves.gif

Little Tahlia is just devine!
My god 10 months have flown!
I can remember seeing a pic of Grant aggeesss ago, and WOW she is a chip off
the old block!!!
Isn,t it amazing how little girls look so much like their Dads!?!

C'mon everyone else!
Where are yous??   original.gif

#25 JulzNGrant

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Daisy, that is what the midwives said when she was born, that she looked so much like her Dad, well that hasn't changed, there are only small moments when I can see myself in her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.