Deliberate incident which has injured DD

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 bonnybabe

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (InsertAwesomeHere @ 07/09/2012, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My son was biting when in daycare, it happened everyday for 2 wks and nothing I could do would stop it as he wasn't doing it at home.

I was given a weeks notice to find another centre despite the fact that I'd been there for years and they'd done nothing to help with the biting.. Off track. Long story short I was given 1 weeks notice and had to find another centre for an 18 month old in full time care.

That is horrible.  I'm not sure as a parent how you are supposed to fix the problem when you cannot recreate the triggers at home.

#52 ~~KIM~~

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

OMG, what a lot of responses which I appreciate and thank you all for as it has been an upsetting time for us.

Firstly I am sorry for my use of the word "Deliberate" I know realise this was inappropriate.

Secondly, I have been very calm about this whole incident with the CCC. At no times have I yelled or screamed at the carers but I have had normal adult discussion about the matter.

Thirdly, I do not have a special needs child and cannot even begin to imagine the challenges the parents/children face. I am trying (although it is hard) to keep an open mind about this and hence for this post as I was looking for advice/comments as to what to do. I don’t want to over- react.

Again, I am sorry if I have hurt people by my comments and I don’t want this to turn into a hateful thread as that was not my intention. I just want my child to be safe when I send her to childcare.

Btw, my daughter has the xray this morning as she has no fractures which is a relief.

Edited by ~~KIM~~, 07 September 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#53 baddmammajamma

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

Kim, glad to hear that there are no fractures!

#54 wallofdodo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

OH good news about your Daughter.

#55 FlutterbyBlue

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Great news!!  original.gif

#56 Lightning_bug

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (~~KIM~~ @ 07/09/2012, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sorry if I have hurt people by my comments and I don’t want this to turn into a hateful thread as that was not my intention. I just want my child to be safe when I send her to childcare.

You know it's hard OP, to be objective and rational and coherent when your child's been hurt.  It's natural to become defensive.

Everyone is so quick to attack use of the wrong word; something said in the heat of the moment; the anger; the lack of 'empathy'.  It's so much easier standing on the sidelines.

I think we forget that feelings aren't rational; that we're human and sometimes say things or say those things in a way, we don't really mean.... or we briefly mean when driven on emotion and adrenaline.

Heaven knows I've thought some horrid things about other kids I would never entertain or say in any other kind of situation other than they hurt my child.

It's what you do with those thoughts and feelings which is far more important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.