Addicted to Shopping
Help meeeeeeee!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 schnookle

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

I've gone and done it, I have become one of those first time mums that just needs to buy EVERYTHING. Especially since I found out we are having a boy I have gone bonkers!

#2 spitzmum

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Haha - keep the receipts in case you need to return something laugh.gif

We haven't done too badly - luckily we are both accountants and so overspending isn't too bad - we wrote our list of things to buy, set a budget and then are tracking spending.

DH & I have an agreement - nothing goes on our list without discussion original.gif

#3 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Oh glad I'm not the only one.. I am 23 weeks pregnant with our third and I have had to buy everything new as we god rid of everything. I have brought pretty much everything... I had the money from our tax so figured why not just buy it all at once. The rooms looks great, and it feel good to be organised specially with us being so busy with Xmas,baby all within a few days.

I looovvvveeee shopping hehehe

#4 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hope you get to buy at least something original.gif

#5 Rockinghorsefly

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

I can't buy any of the big things until we move house, & i have already bought enough clothes!

#6 runnybabbit

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'm a second time mum and one of the reasons I decided NOT to find out the baby's sex this time around (we did for DS) was to curb my shopping.

A few weeks ago I was in London for my best friend's wedding and went to Primark and H&M. BIG MISTAKE. I ended up buying more stuff. Even some gender specific stuff. Just in case. And rationalising that I could always give it away as gifts. But OMG the stuff was SO CHEAP and I had 120 pounds in cash burning a hole in my pocket -- last day in the UK, not returning any time soon.

#7 Maybe317

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

I want to buy more stuff but because we dont know the gender there is hardly anything neutral that I can find except white. so we will wait for clothes from friends and family and buy some more when bub is new born.

As for the big things, my mum has a four year old and gave me the cot, change table, blankets, basinet etc etc. I have only bought a sling, pram and car seat and a small chest of drawers. I think I may splurge on little things like baby finger nail scissors (because I remember my little brother needed them a lot) and baby wipes, creams, cotton wool balls etc. But I need to wait for DH to pick up the change table before I can do that.

sad.gif Im already nesting but cant do anything about it Tounge1.gif

#8 Little.One

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

I get it. I'm a first time mum to be and so after my 12 week scan I went and spent like 5 grand on baby furniture and prams etc... ohmy.gif

We are also moving house so I'm dying to get into our new me and set it all up. We just found out we are having a girl and I'm so damn excited I have spent a fortune on all things pink. I've went to all the wrong stores laughing2.gif and spent a fortune on items that we she will probably grow out of so quickly. I know I shouldn't because family will end up buying clothes and we will probably end u with more she could wear.

I guess it's all just part of the excitement and I've been waiting for so long to be able to do this. I often come out of the stores with tears in my eyes because cant believe I'm buying clothes for our baby girl. wub.gif

Anyway I really need to buy maternity clothes before I worry about more bubba clothes!!

I have no words of advice to curb your addiction but hope my addiction brings you comfort laughing2.gif you are not alone!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.