Due in Sept 2012 Chat Thread #6

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#26 Impatientmummy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Had cervadil put in this morning original.gif Back home now waiting for it to work its magic!!! About to go get a nap in just incase we end up with another midnight baby lol

#27 rochelleellen1989

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Good luck ImpatientMummy....

I am having regular 5 - 7 mins apart contractions, so it might all happen for me tonight too!
Had some more bleeding this morning so I called my midwife, she came over and did an internal and a sweep. contractions started about 50 mins later!

Getting really excited, cos I really didnt want an induction.

#28 BellO'Nromze

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Oh good luck impaitentmummy and rochelleellen...hope things are happening for you both!

#29 millej13

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Gee- so many babies!!!! And Rochelle- good luck with your labour!!

Well- I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and am BORED- have been on annual leave from work for one week and am just ready to get this baby show on the road!!! Problem is that apart from a little reflux, I feel great- so am guessing this baby is going to be awhile yet!!!

Hope everyone is feeling fine!!

#30 Impatientmummy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

How are you going this morning Rochelle I had false labour last night (cervix was still high & closed after 3 hours of pain) but because it was so painful & we live half hour away they kept me in & gave me some morphine so I could get some sleep, must of been a sight me & hubby snuggled on the hospital bed together original.gif having a trace done now & think they want to start the drip to make these contractions do something! Hope you're having better luck

#31 heliwifeBecG

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

So I need to update you all... On Thursday 13th sept we welcomed Billie Lou into our family. 3120gr and 49cm.
Although we have the name Grace down on my signature - we went with Billie. She is going great guns and is the light of our lives!!!  biggrin.gif
My labour was a bit how you going but so worth it.
Good luck to the rest still expecting.
Bec

#32 Rach42

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Congratulations to everyone that has had their babies and for those still waiting I hope the days pass quickly and you are holding your newborns soon original.gif

I now have a 1 week old DD - Emily Kathleen - who was born via c-section 8:53am 3.165 kgs and 49cm long.  Due to an unstable lie I ended up in hospital for the week before she was born.  She kept moving around - transverse one day, oblique the next and ended up breech when she was born - and because I also had more fluid than normal they were worried about my waters breaking early and cord prolapse.  I was quite happy to stay in hospital since I'd just be anxious at home but it was such a long week.

The c-section went well though and she is absolutely perfect biggrin.gif

#33 *littlemiracles*

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

huge congrats to all our new arrivals. There has certainly been a big baby boom over the past week!!! Hope all our new bubbies are growing nicely and everyone is enjoying these precious moments. For those still waiting - not too much longer to go!!!!!!

Funnily enough yesterday was my booked c-sect date and yet we were at the hospital for our 2 week check up instead LOL. DD2 is going really well, over her birth weight now at 2.77kg and my stitches are healing nicely. Next appt in 4 weeks involves a full internal check up to make sure all my muscles etc have healed - yay something to look forward to :-( NOT. but I would rather that than any issues later on.

DH has a hobby in photography so this weekend we are setting up the "studio" for some photos of our gorgeous girls. Can't wait to see how they turn out. He did some maternity ones of me which were fun and turned out really nice.

Anyway better get us fed since little miss is all snuggled up in bed <3

#34 Impatientmummy

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Congrats everyone who has had their bubs, hope mums & bubs are doing well!
Another annoucement here, Sibylla Ailey was born yesterday at 3.24pm weighing 3.98kg & 50cm. After a rough 5hr labour & going from 6cm to pushing in about 5 minutes shes a little swollen & bruised & luckily for me I escaped with just some grazes & swearing next time I will be having an epi! She feed like a champ for an hour after she was born & has slept pretty much since we got home last night. Hoping this fantastic sleeping keeps up!

#35 Future-self

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Congratulations everyone. What a plethora of lovely spring babies

After being induced on the night of the 13th my beautiful DS, Sebastian Thomas, was born via emergency caesarean on the 15th not long after midnight. He was 4.2 kg, 53.5 cm and due to an unexpevted oblique postier position, along with his size, he simply got stuck.  He's just so beautiful and although we're absolutely struggling with feeding, I'm full time expressing as of today, he is so worth it.

AS an aside gushy note - is anyone else just so much more in love with their husband/partners right now? My DH was unbelievable through the labour,  calmly took it in his stride when it all went off track and has absolutely amazed me every day whilst in hospital as to his capacity to adore DS and be my biggest advocate and champion. I am just overwhelmed with it all!  happy.gif

#36 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Congratulations on the new arrivals! I just thought I'd update here too.

Our Baby Girl Holly made her way into the world via emergency c-section on Thursday 13th September at 9.39am - I did get my VBAC attempt and happy with the whole labour and birth.

She was 4.160 kg and 52cms. So beautiful and in love with her. My Stitches became infected though so that was unplesent but now they are out and I'm on antibotics I can start to heal.

futureself - I did have a few days of happy hormones of being in Love with my DH however they have been and gone now I'm home and I'm now on the verge of wanting to kill him - I don't think he realises that I had major surgery only last week with complications but he is stressed out because of work too and has not been sleeping well. I just wish he could take time out to bond with his daughter too.

#37 tweetz

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Congratulations on all the new arrivals!

I'm 39 weeks todays and bubs seems very happy on the inside. He's become even more active which is lovely some of the time...not so lovely at other times or when he's been "partying" for several hours.

#38 tinkster23

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hi!
I know I'd fallen off the face of the planet but apart from having a baby my computer is out of action and I don't get the iPad often.
So, Ben Nicholas Ian arrived on schedule on 7th September. He was 4.36kg and my longest baby at 54.5cm long, so had we not gotten him out early he would probably have gotten bigger than jack was! He is divine, loves to sleep on me, not so much anywhere else. He also ended up back in hospital at 7 days due to jaundice, spent a day and a half under lights and then got to come home again.
Am slowly getting back to the real world, recovery from c/s has been a  bit slower his time around but it's getting there.

Ok, typing one handed on iPad so that's enough for now, hope the few still waiting are having newborn cuddles really soon!

Will find a pic soon, can't do from iPad!

#39 louiseos

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

Just a quick post to let you know that after 25 hours of HARD WORK, Baby Willow arrived safely on 17/09 at 3:44pm. Weighing in at 3.74kg and 49cm. Mum & Willow came home Wednesday & since then we've all been getting to know each other. Mum & Dad are tired from the little/no sleep, but she's SO worth it! original.gif

#40 millej13

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

Congrats to all the new mums and beautiful babies - so jealous!!!

Well, my due date is tomorrow, and have a strong suspicion that this little one is determined to drag this pregnancy out as long as possible!!!!

Have been on holidays for 2 weeks now, and have one more week of paid holidays before I officially start my 8 months of maternity leave, so my fixation with wanting this baby to come on time is not just being bored or impatient, but also conscious of maximising the time I do have off work to bond with baby!

Have been walking lots, taking my raspberry leave tablets, eating spicy foods, blah blah blah - don't think anything is going to have an effect!

Have read about 6 books, watched all the tv I can stomach, played elaborate games of blocks / bike riding / entertaining of the 2 year old just to pass the time - not sure what else to do.  

Anyway - hope all the people left in the September DIG have thier babies soon!!!

#41 mks81

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been offline for a week as I went in last Monday for my planned c-section, (17th).

So little Georgia Grace was born at 1pm...I didn't get to see her untill about 3.30 as they said she had respiratory distress. She screamed the house down when she was pulled out and I found out upon seeing her bruised and bloody head/face that they had used forceps to wrangle her out so I think it was more pain from that. Her bruised nose, eye and ear is just coming good now.Poor little thing.

But she is a delight already, saving all her sleeps for the day time and of course likes being awake at night.

OH and DD9 are being utterly gorgeous looking after me. I was a bit sad yesterday as OH had to go back to work, (works away and might not be back for two weeks) but daughter has school holidays which makes things easier.

Only real negative has been other people pushing in on my space and privacy.I have had to put up some stop signals for people who are being too pushy and they have indicated their not happy about it...I can understand from family but the worst has been from non-family. OH and I have literally looked at eachother a few times in disbelief on how nutty other people are...excited or not!

I hope everyone else is going well and dealing with end of pregnancy and labour ok....when I am feeling more up to it I will pop on a photo but seeing its taken me a week to go near a computer I'll see how I go.

#42 deedee70

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

Congratulations to all the Mummas!!
I'm SO over due and SO over it......

#43 sydneycitymum_

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

hi ladies, so great to hear of your happy arrivals. i'm 5 days over and thinking it's never gonna happen! my phone is constantly ringing or texting with people asking! wah. oh well, i guess it will be over one way or another but at this stage we might need to go in and get it! hope everyone is well.

#44 *littlemiracles*

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hello all,

Sorry to hear some of you are still waiting!!!! You must be doing a super awesome job keeping those babies so cosy and warm they don't want to venture out just yet! Also a huge congrats to our most recent arrivals - hope you are all enjoying those lovely first newborn cuddles and getting to know your precious little ones.

We are travelling along nicely here. Still hard to believe I have a 3 week old already - considering my EDD was only the sat just passed!!!! unsure.gif Miss K is putting on weight nicely and varies from feeding every 3-4 hours. She is pretty good at night at the moment, feeds and straight back down but has her "restless" time from about 8pm-10ish every night when she just wants to be cuddled and held whilst she sleeps. Hits me big time then as I like to  lay down and catch a few zzz's before her "final" bottle before night feeds once DD1 is in bed but that hasn't been happening due to her being so restless. DH has been fantastic and can see when I am really exhausted and will let me have an hour or so nap. He is back at work though and I dont' want him to be woken too much in the night either. We have been lucky with visitors and family, will always ask before visiting and give us plenty of notice. Its been esp nice this week with school holidays so no rushing around in the morning. Hoping once DD1 goes back to school, we get into a little more of a routine with feeds and sleeps with DD2 which makes life a little easier. Not one for being super strict with a routine but finds it makes life so much easier when you can kind of know when a bottle or sleep is due. We have introduced a dummy with this one (never had one with DD1) but not for sleeping etc just for those restless moments or those times when you have to hold off a feed for maybe 15 minutes until we get home etc. It keeps her busy and settles her well so I can't complain just don't want her to be dependent on it so using it as sparingly as we can. Other than that, my life revovles around feeding, sleeping, sterilising and keeping DD1 occupied as well as atttempting to keep my house in a reasonable state LOL. But you know what - I am loving every minute of it  biggrin.gif

Looking forward to hearing how you are all faring with your little ones xx

#45 tweetz

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Congrats on all the new arrivals!

I'm still part of the waiting group. 39+5 today and doesn't look like anything will happen soon. I'm not even getting Braxton Hicks! Bubs keeps pushing upwards (the top part of my belly) that's about the most discomfort I've been experiencing. I have been fluctuating between feeling fatigued and having energy.

I know I had told him to let me finish work and have a little time off before arriving but now I'm like some of the others waiting thinking about how I'm not maximising my maternity leave.

#46 blanky88

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hi guys, I've been following everyone's progress throughout the year but rarely posted much myself. Just letting you know I gave birth to my little boy Jasper Ridley on 20 September. He was 41+1 days and weighed 3kg 150g and 50cm. So excited as this is my first... He has jaundice so he had to be in phototherapy for 2 days and it was really hard not having him there next to me like all the other new mums. Anyway we're at home now and it's all going great. Can I just say that breast feeding is such an effort, I want to persist but it's so hard....so good to hear that everyone else is doing well:)

#47 Morti

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Hi all!  So excited to read of everyone's arrivals!!  I didn't have internet for many weeks so I've only just been able to catch up with what's been going on...

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who's had their babies so far!!!

My baby boy, Max Francisco, arrived at 11.20am on Aug. 31st after a mere half hour of labour.  He weighed 3.605 kgs and measured 52cm in length. I feel truly blessed... such a beautiful boy, no complications, no problems.  Wouldn't mind it if he were a bit better in the ol' sleep department though. wink.gif

Hope everyone else is doing well!  Can't wait to read of more arrivals in the coming days.

#48 louiseos

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Morti @ 27/09/2012, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My baby boy, Max Francisco, arrived at 11.20am on Aug. 31st after a mere half hour of labour.  He weighed 3.605 kgs and measured 52cm in length. I feel truly blessed... such a beautiful boy, no complications, no problems.  Wouldn't mind it if he were a bit better in the ol' sleep department though. wink.gif

Hope everyone else is doing well!  Can't wait to read of more arrivals in the coming days.

Congrats on the arrival of Max! original.gif

A half hour of labour?!?!!? I'm SO jealous!!!

#49 Morti

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (louiseos @ 28/09/2012, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats on the arrival of Max! original.gif

A half hour of labour?!?!!? I'm SO jealous!!!

Thank you Louiseos! original.gif  But don't be jealous.... such a quick labour does a whole lot of damage. ohmy.gif (And for me it was really scary.) Give me a few hours of labour over less than 1 hour any day.  mellow.gif  My best labour to date was one that lasted 2.5 hours.  I think that's about ideal! LOL (Wouldn't it be nice if we could choose? biggrin.gif )

Love to all. hheart.gif

#50 Want_to_be_a_mummy

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Morti @ 27/09/2012, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all!  So excited to read of everyone's arrivals!!  I didn't have internet for many weeks so I've only just been able to catch up with what's been going on...

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who's had their babies so far!!!

Congratulations!! Half an hour labour? WoW! and I thought 5 1/2 hours was good. We called our son Max too who was born on 27th August original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.