Due in Sept 2012 Chat Thread #6

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 wannabamumma

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Congratulations to everyone who have their little bundles to cuddle with. Hoping you are all settling in well. Well, due date today, no sigh of this baby arriving any time in the next 4 hours, so looking like an October baby for us.

Although I have absolutely no idea what to be looking for, a couple of times I have thought that I might be in the early stages if labour, but nothing so far. Everything I hear or read says I will know when I am in labour, but I am packing myself that I won't know, and we have an hour and a bit to get to the hospital.....

Any advise as to what I will feel/experience?

#52 millej13

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Morning all

Congrats on the birth of Baby Max Want_to_be_a_mummy - that's the same name we have chosen for our bubs if a) it is a boy, and b) it decides to grace us with it's presence!

I am booked in to be induced tomorrow as this child seems determined to stay in the womb for eternity - am very nervous, but also really excited that tomorrow we will meet this new person

It actually works out fairly well this way, as I am now super energized to get all the house clean, sheets clean, etc before tomorrow morning so that when we come back home in a few days everything will be done and we can just relax!

I did try yesterday to bring labour on by going to the Melbourne Show for 5 hours and walking non-stop - felt like my pelvis was about to split apart by the end of it, and was in horrible pain, but even that was not sufficient to shift this baby!

So hopefully by tomorrow, October 2, we will have a baby!!!

wannabamumma - good luck - going overdue is very annoying, not just because EVERYONE rings every day to find out where the baby is - like somehow you are withholding the baby!!! wink.gif

#53 Laura Port

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi Everyone,  I haven't written on here for months but have been logging on and reading all your updates!! Congrats to all the new mums am very jealous!! Am 5 days over and getting very impatient!! Physically am feeling great, sleeping through the night and still walking and swimming etc.. Mentally and emotionally unstable!!! The constant flow of texts and calls doesn't help either even though I know people are just excited!! Was watching the AFL grand final on sat and was getting contractions every 20mins for a few hours and was getting so excited that it was finally happening and then they just stopped!!! Was gutted!!!   My midwife has done an internal it's all looking good and ready to go just a waiting game!!Hopefully will be on here with an update soon!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!Xxxxxx

#54 José

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

hi wannabeamumma. i was due on saturday, no baby yet, so its an october baby for me too.
im also an hour plus from the hospital. as time passes im becoming less confident about the whole birth thing. DH is also becoming impatient. hope it happens soon. i have an appt with my obs tomorrow. i think i may need a back up plan!

#55 Camizebra

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hello loves...  A huge congratulations to all those mummas who have had their precious September bundles, and lots of patience and love to those girls still waiting.
I haven't posted in forever, but been checking in (ahhhhh stalking?  LOL) most weeks.  I ended up having hyperemesis my entire pregnancy (and pretty much decorated my labour suite with vom during my labour, eeeeeks) so did not have a lot of energy or joy to post.  I loved hearing everyone's updates though, and even more so all of your baby news!  So precious...
Just wanted to say that our little boy Felix arrived two weeks early on 10 September at 2:40pm.  And what a stinking squishball he is! 3.3kg, 51 cm, spontaneous labour.  Eeeeeks - labour was freaking intense - 14 hours and not one but TWO epidurals that DIDN'T WORK.  OMG.  He ended up getting out with forceps, poor love - his dear face was black and blue and bleeding.  Motherhood is both heartbreakingly beautiful and joyful as well as bloody exhausting!  Also the guilt!  Lol over tiny things like Fefe getting a blocked tear duct.  It's hard to believe he's three weeks already.  Eats and sleeps so well, gaining weight and length at a crazy pace.  Oh!  Wanted to mention we started using some Dr Harvey Karp techniques for settling this past couple of (unsettled) days and they work like a treat.
Lots of love and rest and happiness to all the new families and families to be xxox

#56 BellO'Nromze

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Oh yes, wanted to second the Harvey Karp techniques, I find they work really well.
Hoping to hear news soon from all the mummies still waiting...

Edited by Bell07, 02 October 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#57 tweetz

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Congratulations to all the new mummies on their bundles of joy!

Bubs was due last Friday (28th) and it seemed like it would be quite a while before he would be gracing us with his presence...but contractions started just after midnight on Sat morning much to my (and everyone's) surprise. Matthew Luke was born Sunday 30 Sept at 1.05am, weighing 3.7kg and 48cm long. That makes him a September baby afterall.
Labour was long and exhausting, and ended up being asssited with forceps as the cord was wrapped around him. He was prefectly fine (and absolutely beautiful wub.gif )  whereas I on the other hand was left very sore, bruised and swollen.
We are home now & doing well. We've had a few ups and downs with breastfeeding but are getting there.

Best wishes to all those still waiting for their babies.

#58 deedee70

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Congratulations to everyone on their new bundles of gorgeous newborn squishyness!!
Our beautiful baby boy finally decided to arrive a mere 10 days late on the 26th September!
The whole family are besotted!
Good luck and hope it's not too long now for anyone who's still waiting!!
biggrin.gif

#59 sydneycitymum_

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

Congrats on all the arrivals! Our little girl arrived on October 1st - 11 days late. 4.2 kgs!! And 52 cms long. My water broke on the saturday night, by monday morning no action so I was induced, nothing by the evening so I elected to go c section. She wasn't keen to leave! My days are pretty much breastfeeding but she is perfect. Hope everyone is well. x

#60 *littlemiracles*

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

huge congrats to all our latest Sept or even October babies!!!! Some of you Mummies certainly made such beautiful homes in there they didn't want to leave!!!!! hope everyone is doing really well and your little ones are growing just beautifully.

I had forgotten just how much time you can spend wasting a day gazing at your baby!!! Watching every little grin, grimace and smirk that crosses their face! Miss K is doing really well. Growing very nicely in both length and weight. Her 4 week check went well and I cannot believe it but next week is needle time already!!! She is doing really well overnight too most nights now she has her bottle around 10-11 pm and then sleeps until 2-3am and then not up again until 7-7:30!! Makes me feel so much more human thats for sure!!! LOL. I am sure she will have a growth spurt or something soon and throw it all out the window! She has slept heaps today so I can only hope its not a party time tonight!!!! Other than that, we are enjoying getting to know our baby girl still - she is very content and placid, enjoys bath time and loves cuddles with her big sister! She is just now fitting comfortably into 0000 clothes - alteast we are getting wear out of them :-) Oh and the cutest thing, since she has started to put on some weight, we can see 2 gorgeous little dimples forming in her cheeks! Both of us have dimples so its so cute to see hers!!!!!

Hope to hear how you are all going soon xx

Oh and can someone remind me who to PM regarding joining the FB group please????

#61 deedee70

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

*littlemiracles*...*Mumma-to-A* is the person to PM re FB group! :-)

#62 MakesMeHappy

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Congrats on all the new arrivals!!

How is everyone's newborns going??

little miracles I'm glad your little girl is doing well and letting her mummy get some sleep at night. She sounds just gorgeous, dimples are soo cutie. X

Our little man is doing really well too. He is eating lots and gaining plenty of weight, the little Chubba. He is also having a couple of good stretches of sleep overnight and through the day.

DS1 absolutely adores his brother and just wants to cuddle him all the time.

I really hope everyone is enjoying their bubba

Xx

Edited by MakesMeHappy, 09 December 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#63 ~A2~

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hi everyone

This area will close soon.

You are now all able to graduate to the Parents Group area which can be found here.

Congratulations to you all and thanks for letting me be your moderator for this journey.

Regards

Ali

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.