Due in December 2012 Chat Thread #17

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#26 KiwiMelW

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

oh no leaf! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

#27 Oma Desala

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Oh Leaf, that sounds a bit scary. Hope everything is ok. Will be keeping everything crossed for you.

#28 cletus

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

luna baby  I rang to make an appointment with the optometrist because i'm struggling to read (I normally wear reading glasses but I'm getting chronic headaches from reading and struggling to concentrate). I told not to bother getting my eyes checked until bub is born since pregnancy can change your sight significantly due to increased blood flow which affects the blood vessels in your eyes. Sounds like there are several ladies here who are struggling with their vision!

Oma desala - chiro confirmed this morning it is sciatica - which was lurking in the back of my mind. She then cheerfully informed me it will probably get a heap worse until bub arrives.

Leafprincess - I hope all is well and it's not anything too serious. Let us know how you get on once you've been monitored by the hospital

#29 Leafprincess

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hi girls

Ok OB/GYN is officially now "concerned"

Which has me freaking out quietly. Prior to falling pregnant I had a history of fatty liver syndrome (bugger of a thing doesn't work properly and I don't even drink!)

Anyway, my liver is slowly packing it in. My liver function results last week were bad, today's was slightly worse. So obviously not a good trend.

There was a little protein in my urine. Coupled with my other symptoms of dizziness, headaches and indigestion OBGYN thinks I may be heading down the path of HELLP syndrome.

Of course I came home  and Dr Googled it  oomg.gif Really wish I hadn't because its serious (if you are interested http://www.preeclamp....hellp-syndrome)

So the plan is I see him again on Monday. goal is to first get to 30 weeks, then 32, then 34 and then deliver early. Ideally don't want to be delivering prior to 34 weeks.

I may need to take steroids which will screw with my blood sugar levels and because my family has a history of diabeties he wants to hold off on doing this. If it is to be done then I will need to stay in hospital to be monitored.

It has been a lot to process, I'm silently screaming on the inside. Don't want to worry my patents who are overseas ATM so haven't told them. DP is super worried about me. There isn't much we can do. Aside from a few baby clothes I hadn't gotten anything yet. So we have to hot foot it to the baby store tomorrow to get a cot, baby carrier etc just incase the baby comes in the next 4 weeks.

I'm scared, if you could include us in a hands.gif  that My baby and I will be ok. I would appreciate it.

#30 aryastark

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Leaf! Oh you poor thing. I don't even know what to say to make it any better, which I'm sure there isn't anything, except that I'll be hoping that you can keep the little one in for as long as possible. The doctors will look after you, just make sure you're being easy on yourself.

Cletus- Bugger sad.gif I'll see what they say. My headaches are so bad I'm in tears.

#31 Guest_louise526_*

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Leaf princess - I hope things are ok. try to stay rested and calm.  Impossible I know but rested at least.

All of us sound pretty ordinary at the moment.  I don't feel great either but was blaming the glucose test.

#32 porkchop's mama

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Leaf princess - take care, hope you and bub are doing well.  Sending positive vibes and prayers for you both.

XXX

#33 Nutty nut

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Oh leaf princess, I think it's safe to say all of our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in tere little man!

#34 Izy Bee

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

Goodness Leaf Princess...positive vibes heading your way...I don't know if this helps..but our DD was born at 35 weeks and she was 7lb7oz...and perfect..no issues...so even if they come early it's not always bad news..good luck xxooo

#35 FourLittleLoves

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Leaf i will have everything crossed that you get to 34 weeks, it sounds like you are in great hands. xx  bbighug.gif

#36 Stardusties

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

Leafprincess That must be a very scary prospect! Will definitely keep you and bub in my thoughts and am sending all the positive vibes your way  bbighug.gif

#37 Leafprincess

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Thank you  cry1.gif I haven't wanted to tell anyone IRL because I'm still processing.
You guys are so nice with your thoughts. It means a lot to me right now.

QUOTE (Izy Bee @ 14/09/2012, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goodness Leaf Princess...positive vibes heading your way...I don't know if this helps..but our DD was born at 35 weeks and she was 7lb7oz...and perfect..no issues...so even if they come early it's not always bad news..good luck xxooo

izy that gives me hope. We have a week and a bit to get to 30 weeks, every week counts. I'm willing him to stay strong and grow.

Our son's name is Sabre - It is from Persian origins and means "patience", our last name means "gift". I guess he's living up to his name already gifting me with the virtue of patience.

#38 aryastark

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

Sabre is a beautiful name Leaf original.gif and so very appropriate! I think you need to look on the good side of statistics (or, preferably, not at all) or else you're going to drive yourself insane.

hugs to you and your little family  bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif

#39 Guest_louise526_*

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

Leaf, I agree with Luna, no more looking at the Internet (unless it s to tell us hopefully great news that sabre is safe and sound inside).  Turn off the Internet and watch some comedies instead or read a happy book.  Take care.

Ps how do you pronounce sabre?

#40 Leafprincess

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Yep. Agreed. Have stopped the doctor google.

Enjoying every kick & movement instead.

Louise it is pronounced "say-bur" like what star war jedi's use.

Enough about me, how is everyone?
How is the baby shopping going?

Has anyone had weird cravings yet? Pickles & ice cream or the like?

#41 aryastark

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

I googled how to pronounce it just so that I knew biggrin.gif Once I knew, it was really obvious though.

No real cravings. It's more like I get addicted to a certain kind of food. Like green apples, or like orange juice, or Vegemite toast. They're not weird foods, but I go on a binge of them for a couple of days and then get sick of them.

#42 cletus

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Leaf My thoughts are with you. Get some rest and stay away from Dr Google as someone else suggested! I stupidly consulted Dr Google (even though like everyone else, I knew I shouldn't) every time I got told a new risk factor for this pregnancy and my god did it make me sick with worry. I know it's hard to stay away because you just want answers, but please try!

Just focus on getting week to week, we'll all be keeping our fingers crossed for both you and your baby.

AFM - cravings are now chocolate, chocolate, biscuits, cake, chocolate, butter, peanut butter, chocolate...and did I mention chocolate? I'm now feeling fat and frumpy and keep telling myself to lay off the chocolate as I have the GTT coming up some time soon...(as I type this I've just polished off a 6 pack of kinder chocolate bars). Man am I going to hate myself for this post pregnancy!

#43 FourLittleLoves

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Leafprincess Sabre is a beautiful name, also we had friends who had their girls (triplets) right on 30wks and they are now perfect little 1yo's. Prem babies have it a little harder at the start but they quickly catch up so don't stress.  bbighug.gif

No cravings here, well just broccoli I have a piled of steamed broccoli every night. original.gif

#44 Mum_of_five

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

17th December having a girl#5... DS13,DS12,DS10,DD4

#45 aurora sleeping

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Sorry all, I've been MIA for a while, this term has been busier than I thought!!!
Did my GTT and all fine, but OB tried to tactfully say that I should settle down on the food so I don't put on too much! Whoops, went well in the first trimester (with all my salad cravings) and then I got busy and lazy with eating in 2nd trimester. So now is back to he salads - dangers of eating salads be blowed, I can't go crazy and eat too much crap!!! I'll only have to lose it all afterwards!
I have one more week of work and then two weeks holidays so looking forward to that. It's only 5 more weeks of work after that - cant believe how quickly that's creeping up!!! I still feel unprepared!!!
Speaking of which, I STILL haven't got he nursery sorted out. We have a blue room that I'd prefer not to have to paint, so that means working in mostly white stuff with some small accents of pink for our little girl. I'm such a girly person, I think people will be a bit shocked that my daughter's room will be blue!!! Tell me others are still to get the nursery sorted??? I've cleaned out the kitchen and started on the lounge room but my nesting seems to prefer anything BUT the important stuff. Damn!
Leaf, so sorry you've has this stress - but it's really excellent to get to 30 weeks, bubby is much more ready in so many ways. Since they are carefully monitoring you now, I'm sure it will be okay and like the others are saying, you sound like you're in great hands. Sabre's a great name too.

Hmmmm cravings.... I seem to love gherkins whenever I'm pregnant. And still partial to salads, though the urge isn't as strong as it was in the first trimester.
So a bit of exciting news for me next week - I'm going to be a patient model for some trainee sonographers so I get to see bubby on 2D and 3D scans for 2hrs. I did it with my previous pregnancy and they gave us some images to take home so I'm hoping we get that again!!! Oh, so excited to see some 3Ds of my little squidgey! It's also DH's birthday on the day we're going so that's a good present for him.
I know most people's scans are finished by this point but anyone else having scans coming up soon for something (I know someone mentioned it...).
Hope everyone's not feeling too tired and massive lol ( I totally am!).

#46 aryastark

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

LOL Aurora, I don't even have my cot yet, let alone anything to put on it/in it! The baby's room is cleaned out and ready to go, once it has something in it. We have no 'big' things yet... And I'm having my 4D ultrasound a week from today biggrin.gif Can't wait!!

AFM... I think DF has pneumonia :/ he's so sick! And SO reluctant to go to the doctor! UGH! I'm finally just making him an appointment today, because I was sure he was going to drown in lung fluid last night. I told him he would die and then I would be really p*ssed off at him. Alas, he's off to work... Sigh.

#47 KiwiMelW

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hey ladies.

Aurora - yep I have a scan at 32 weeks to check my low lying placenta, keeping my figers crossed that its moved up so I can stay at the birth centre!

AFM - I spent the weekend in a god damn renovation house. Most of the plastering is done, they have to come back and do some sanding and put the cornices in but it looks so good.

I also got the sander out and sanded the cot. DH made me wear an asbestos mask. So now I just have to paint it YAY!

We havent started on the nursery as we are still reno central. But I the new plastering in the room looks so great.

#48 MrsLightyear

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Hi all,

Leafprincess - My thoughts are with you, Sabre is an awesome strong name. I'm sure bub will live up to it.

Aurora - I'm another one who hasn't done anything towards the nursery yet. We bought a car capsule (safety 1st) when they were on sale at super cheep auto and a work mate has given us a high chair and a co sleeper bed thing but thats it so far. I keep thinking its too soon to be buying stuff but I guess I'd better get onto it! I still can't decide what style of cot I like though. I think we'll go hunting for a paint colour this weekend, I have under coated the nursery already.

As far as cravings go I'm going through tons of fruit but thats about it, I've had more aversions to foods. I used to love meat, I now can't stand anything other than fish. And I can't go near any type of pasta except the dark soy pasta (prob better for me).

I had an OB appointment last Wednesday and got the results of the GTT- all good there. Just out of curiosity how often dose everyone see their doc/ midwives?

#49 Meg88

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Porkchops Mama: My bonding with bub has been mostly prodding my belly too. I thought about getting some books (Big W has loads) but have decided I'll wait until after my baby shower as I was going to suggest books as gifts.

Cletus: Glad your bubba is still growing, all be it slowly original.gif I've been getting hip and bum pain too but so far have been able to manage it with some stretching and massage. I wonder if mines sciatica too huh.gif

Luna: My eyes have been pretty awful for the last couple of months and I've been getting eye spasms every day for prolonged periods (only in my bad eye). I bit the bullet and went to get my eyes checked. Sure enough they've declined significantly. But I'm trying to put up with it until early next year after bubs come because I cant afford 2 lots of glasses in 6months and am worried my eyes will only change again when bub is here.

Leaf: So sorry you've had such a scary diagnosis. I hope you can take it easy and things can be managed for a while longer. Hopefully bubs can tough it out for a bit more cooking time. As for cravings nothing really for me.

Aurora: How exciting for you to get such a lengthy view of bub and in 3d! I think I'll be getting another scan but not sure when. My midwife mentioned early on I'd probably have a growth scan after 30weeks.

Mrs Lightyear: I see my midwife this week and then in 4 weeks time, after that I'll start fortnightly visits.

Oops forgot who bought up the subject of nursery prep. We've bought the paint and material for the curtains but haven't got around to actually doing anything with them. As for furniture though and other big purchases for baby - I think we're all set! One of the perks of working in a baby store original.gif

For those of you yet to buy your furniture and big ticket items just a word of warning. Not all things are in stock the day you go shopping for them. Big items like furniture or some popular carseats and prams may be out of stock or go on backorder with suppliers. Best if you can allow yourselves at least 8weeks, if not 12. Nothing worse then being ready to pop and not having your furniture.

AFM: Just had a lovely weekend at the coast for my DH's b'day. Had a massage, saw a movie, dinners out, really lovely.
As for the rest of this week: work, aqua aerobics, GTT test (wednesday, not at all looking forward to it), and if I get time or feel like it laundry and cleaning YUK!

#50 MuppetGirl

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Leaf - thinking of you and fingers crossed that you reach each milestone you set. Hope you can take it easy at home.

QUOTE (steen2007 @ 11/09/2012, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MahnaMahna- My SPD pain is just starting, I am in a house with stairs so that doesn't help. Did you have a brace last time? Did it help?

I'm sorry to say that the brace does not help much. I had it last time as well and there was little improvement. I guess it really just made movement a little easier, rather than less painful if that makes sense.

Cletus - I have my first growth scan next week. Then will be having them fortnightly after that. How often are they doing yours? Glad to hear your results for the first one were good.

AFM - Struggling through prac at Uni still. This is my last week of prac though, thankfully! It is too hard with the SPD and I honestly do not enjoy it anyway. Aged care is just not my area. Looking forward to next week when things can slow down just a little!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.