Due January 2013 Chat thread #12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#101 ~buzz~

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Welcome and congrats petskies original.gif 4th is a popular date think there is 5 of us due then hope everything had been going well for you up until now

#102 bub79

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hi Everyone
Hope you are keeping well.....not long to go now! original.gif Must be why it's so quiet on here?

I've hit 31 wks today and have way too much on my 'to do list' before baby arrives!! Just hoping baby doesn't decide to come early original.gif I have 4 more weeks of work left but don't want to leave everything til then to do....especially with a 3yr old and 18 mth old to also look after.

Apparently, baby is measuring 2 wks ahead which makes me nervous! My next OB appoint is in a week and I'm hoping growth rate will be back to my dates like it has been all pregnancy original.gif Not keen for a xmas baby!

Touchwood, but I felt like my body is holding up better for my third pregnancy - less aches and pains - or maybe less time to notice them with two other young kids?

original.gif

#103 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Oops been a while since I posted - I read every day though!

bub79 - countdown is on to finish work - how exciting!! Bet you can't wait to be home, good luck getting everything sorted!

Petskies - Welcome & Congrats! I'm another due on the 4th as well! Hope you've had a pretty good pregnancy so far!

AliGeo - How are you going lovely? Have you popped right out now? Have the babies moved yet? So sorry about the GD, really hope you can have a VBAC!!

NikkiNuNu - Bugger about the GD!! How is it going? Do they think you will need insulin? You've passed 30wks now, yay!!

JillyJellyBean - How are you going getting through that list of things to do? I suddenly feel like I have no time left!!

cordyline - LOL at the idea of giving your belly to your DH!! Hope you are feeling more comfortable with all the swimming.

katem666 - how long until your DH is home? Mine was away for the majority of my last pregnancy, so I know how you feel. It sucks. Yay for being past 30 wks!!

Little.One - Dont feel guilty for resting, that is the best thing you can do for bubs!! I think you are right about the growth spurts=uncomfy thing. I feel worse some days then others.

MissLeeJean - Welcome back! So sorry about the pelvic problems, are you seeing a physio or someone for it? A few of the other ladies on here are suffering from it as well.

HappyDaisy - Did you get your GD results back? How long until you finish work?

Fastrunnydog - Welcome and Congrats! Better late than never! Have you found the link to our FB group? I think its under the list on the first page.

AFM - All going well here! Had DS's birthday last Friday and his party on the weekend, can't believe my little boy is 2! I've been sooo busy with work and organising everything for his birthday, the time seems to have flown and now I am about 7 and a half weeks away from meeting my new little bundle and that seems a whole lot closer than I realised!! Think the reality of it sunk in when my mum arrived, as she is staying to help when bubs arrives, so it really isn't long! Feel like I havent done nearly enought to get ready!

Had my Ob appt last week and got to meet the midwife. BP, heartbeat, weight etc were all good, but got measured for the first time this pregnancy and I was measuring 34wks!! No wonder I feel like my belly has popped right out and is in the way! So will see how I keep measuring over the next month, I'd say my Ob will want a scan done to check on bubs size closer to the date if I keep measuring that far over. I think its just a growth spurt, combined with bubs liking to sit really high. DS sat high last time as well, but I never measured that big with him.

Got my letter from Centrelink approving (obviously tentatively) my application for paid parental leave, so happy about that. Think I can technically finish up work anytime from now, as I have less than 8 wks left until this bubs is coming, but have a bit more left to do, so will keep plodding along while I can.

DS is doing an orientation with daycare tomorrow. He used to be in daycare when I worked down in Perth, but I have managed my work from home around him since we moved up here. I wanted to put him in 1 day per week, so I would get some one on one time with bubs and our speech therapist is keen to see how he goes in an environment where he has to communicate more. He usually adjusts pretty well, so fingers crossed he likes it. I want to get him settled in before bubs comes so he doesn't feel like its a rejection or anything.

Feeling more uncomfortable this time around, probably given I am measuring big its understandable. Chasing a toddler around doesn't help! So glad my mum is here now, hoping I can take it a bit easier. The heat up here is intolerable as well, I am living in aircon and just saving my pennies for the electricity bill when it arrives!

#104 AliGeo

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

spitzmum - Insulin for me 3 times a day, but I'm ok with that. I did it with DD so no biggie for me. Have you make a dent in your to-do list yet?

Petskies - Welcome!

bub79 - I hear you on the to-do list. Up until Sunday we had nothing for the twins, which I was ok with lol but it was stressing everyone else out. We now have 2 more car seats, a double pram and another cot. Not sure what they are going to wear though tongue.gif .

*ShirleyTemple* - Yep have popped big time. Strangers are all saying "you must not have long to go" I kinda enjoy saying 8 weeks to go without explaining twins and watching the look of horror on their faces dev (6).gif . I gave another scan in 10 days so hopefully one of the twins (please be the big one hands.gif ) have moved lower. Good news about centrelink. Crank that aircon!

Hi to everyone else waves.gif , hope you're all going well!

AFM - As i mentioned above, insulin 3 times a day for me. Upside, it's way less painful than the finger pricking. It also means that my countdown is about 8 weeks now.

Finally started to get gear organised for these bubs. But we're moving in about 3 weeks so waiting until we get in the new place before we set anything up.

#105 munchmum

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hi everyone

Sorry for those that have gd, can't be fun to manage your diet and/or take insulin.

On my phone so will be quick but just wanted to pop in. Hip pain is finally getting better, and pools definitely help. Had my ob appointment today and I'm measuring 5 weeks ahead. My dd was big 9pd but I always measured to dates so who knows how big this one will be. I'll have scan in 3 weeks so will hopefully get a more precise idea of size.

Welcome to the new member and I hope everyone is doing well.

#106 ~A2~

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.