Due January 2013 Chat thread #12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#51 Maybe317

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

All the posts about toddlers is scaring me! I cant believe in 2 years or so I will be considering moving this little baby inside me to a bed and toilet training. I am already hating how fast time is going.

Pinch and a punch for the first day of the month! Crazy its already October.

Spitzmum my mum gave me a nappy bag, two in fact from her last pregnancy. But my friend was also selling real Guess bags for $30! So I also bought a giant bag from her. You know how some designer bags are huge. So I think I will try them both out. Mum suggested having a bag in the car at all times with heaps and heaps of nappies and spare clothes but bringing a smaller bag with you into where ever you are going and if you need back up just run out to the car. So I think I will have the nice bulky one in the car and the pretty guess bag on the pram. haha we will see how it goes.

24 weeks yesterday! Finally. only 17 weeks max to go. My ob said she would induce me at exactly 41 weeks if nothing has happened. No complaints there considering it will be feb and 40+ degrees.

I started reading Birth Skills when I saw someone post about it on FB. It is EXACTLY what I wanted from my labour. Best book for me to read. It has made me slightly more nervous, but excited.

A little pre emptive but what happens when we have the babies. Do we keep in touch still on facebook. I would really like to. And do we join another forum and start an online mums group? Hope we do. I enjoy hearing all your stories. I makes me feel normal! haha

#52 spitzmum

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

I think our group transfers to a parents group on EB once the babies come along original.gif

#53 Guest_katem666_*

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Soo apparently today is the start of the third trimester for me (and anyone else due on 1/1/13)

How did this happen?? Wasn't it only a few days ago I was peeing on a stick???!?

*hyperventilates*

So I'm actually having a baby?!?! oomg2.gif

#54 ~buzz~

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

katem666 - Congratulations on beginning the 3rd trimester I shall be joining you on Friday  ohmy.gif crazy how quick it is going

EllaMaree - I would love to keep in touch once all the bubs are born both on here and FB original.gif

I had a lovely weekend off work went to the show on Saturday and stocked up on lollies original.gif and had a wedding on Sunday was very exhausting but a great day

hope everyone is doing well

#55 bub79

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi Everyone

Nothing exciting happening here - same old pregnancy which is a good thing I guess! original.gif
Bubs is measuring exact to dates which is nice change as both my boys measured big.
Have to do the glucose test this week, thankfully just the hour one as my OB made me do the 2 hour one last time as he had a few other patients with false positives! Told him I wasn't doing the 2 hour one ever again unless I had too, haha.

I have my eye on a JJ Cole satchel nappy bag, but they are not yet sold in Australia and Amazon won't ship it here original.gif It's a large bag which I'll need for 3 kids 3 and under! original.gif I don't want to have to sign up to a US shipping company just to purchase 1 product either.

Just thought with a few mums deciding whether or not to move toddlers into beds and toilet train, I'd give you my experience.
We moved DS1 into a bed at 17mths (DS2 was due 1 month later so I didn't want too much change at once for DS1) - We did day sleeps first and then tried nights after day time naps were going well. In fact he asked to sleep in his big boy bed at night! It only took him a few days to stay in bed - the first couple of day naps he slept at the door on the floor! Then he decided it was more comfy in bed so just stayed - thats was probably 3 days later. For night time DH or I would lay down in bed with him at first but soon enough he was happy to stay in bed and go to sleep so long as we left his door open and he has a night light on. We still occasionally have nights where we lay down with him but 5 mins later he is asleep. When he wakes up he comes into our room and either jumps into bed with us or says time to get up now!
The bad news is yes DS1 did have sleep regression when DS2 arrived. First 2 weeks were fine but then next four weeks were tough! DS1 was always a good sleeper once he went to sleep but started waking frequently and need comforting for an hour or so - best thing was that he was in a bed so DH could go sleep in bed with him and not have the difficulty of a cot (bending over to pat or DS1 trying to get out for cuddles).

Honestly, the newborn is easy, it's the toddler that is hard work!

With TT, we waited til DS1 was 2yrs and the weather was warming up. He was also having lots of dry nappies. So DS2 was 6mths old......and crawling which made TT more difficult! TT was going great for 1s and 2s as I could leave bathroom door open for DS1 to get to potty but DS2 crawling changed that! I also found that while feeding or changing DS2 would be when DS1 had to go to the toilet so you need to be organised - I would then take DS1 to toilet first then tend to DS2. Wees he mastered pretty much straight away and same with night time - just limited fluids after dinner to half cup of milk. He will come wake us during the night if he needs to go to the toilet but 99% of the time doesn't need to. Unfortuately, no. 2s took about 8 or 9 mths to master but we are finally there! original.gif
DS2 even now follows DS1 to the toilet and says 'wee wee' and knows what to do but when I tried him on the potty he said No! His favourite word at the moment original.gif I just let him go nappy free in backyard so he gets used to weeing freely then I'll try him on the potty again when he is ready.

So I'm about to go through the big boy bed routine with DS2 now, only he will be sharing a room with DS1 so that will be interesting! original.gif Think I'll leave TT until December or later - he has picked up on things from DS1 so I'm hoping it will be easier original.gif

Hope you are all enjoying your bellies original.gif

#56 spottydog

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (EllaMaree @ 01/10/2012, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the posts about toddlers is scaring me! I cant believe in 2 years or so I will be considering moving this little baby inside me to a bed and toilet training. I am already hating how fast time is going.

Pinch and a punch for the first day of the month! Crazy its already October.

Spitzmum my mum gave me a nappy bag, two in fact from her last pregnancy. But my friend was also selling real Guess bags for $30! So I also bought a giant bag from her. You know how some designer bags are huge. So I think I will try them both out. Mum suggested having a bag in the car at all times with heaps and heaps of nappies and spare clothes but bringing a smaller bag with you into where ever you are going and if you need back up just run out to the car. So I think I will have the nice bulky one in the car and the pretty guess bag on the pram. haha we will see how it goes.

24 weeks yesterday! Finally. only 17 weeks max to go. My ob said she would induce me at exactly 41 weeks if nothing has happened. No complaints there considering it will be feb and 40+ degrees.

I started reading Birth Skills when I saw someone post about it on FB. It is EXACTLY what I wanted from my labour. Best book for me to read. It has made me slightly more nervous, but excited.

A little pre emptive but what happens when we have the babies. Do we keep in touch still on facebook. I would really like to. And do we join another forum and start an online mums group? Hope we do. I enjoy hearing all your stories. I makes me feel normal! haha

They grow up AND WAY TOO FAST. My DD has just turned 3, we waited years to have her, we tried and ended up with IVF, she is our blessing. I didnt want her to grow up, but im the opposite now she is here, its lovely watching her do new things, progress into a beautful wee girl, she gives me so much back now its amazing. I cant wait for her to have a sibling to share her with original.gif

spotty.

#57 Happy_daisy

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for sharing your experiences with moving out of a cot and TT Bubs79! Very useful.
And I agree, this pregnancy is going way too fast! Can't believe it's October already!

#58 cordyline

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

bub79 - lol at your DS1 sleeping on the floor by the door and then finally conceding that the big bed is comfier.

QUOTE (katem666 @ 02/10/2012, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*hyperventilates*

So I'm actually having a baby?!?! oomg2.gif

roll2.gif  roll2.gif
Lol - how I feel sometimes. And we tried to conceive for years! And I still sometimes catch myself going "holy smoke! We are going to have a baby". Will be joining you in the 3rd trimester on Saturday - which is the day we actually go and buy baby stuff. Still haven't bought any baby stuff except for a swaddle. oomg.gif

AFM - I am definitely waddling now. I (or baby) have gone through a growth spurt the last 2 weeks or so. I've put on 2kg in 2 weeks! Looking forward to our shopping spree this weekend. We are going to knock off all the big stuff in one shopping trip to My Baby Warehouse.

I have started fibbing and being really vague and telling people who ask that we are due in mid/late Jan (actually due 5 Jan) because I don't want people to harass "have you had your baby yet?" or everytime I call "are you having the baby" which I saw happen with a colleague of mine. I think that would put pressure on me and make me even more impatient. So I just get really vague about it...

#59 *corynbiancasmum*

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Strange question for a third time mum but when does the third trimester offically begin?? I read a few of you are beginning the third trimester already. I'm 26 weeks pregnant tomorrow yay!!

I have a large gap between my kids and havd completely forgotten when the third one begins lol

#60 Guest_katem666_*

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (*corynbiancasmum* @ 02/10/2012, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strange question for a third time mum but when does the third trimester offically begin??

week 27.

#61 spitzmum

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

laughing2.gif @ katem666 - sort of feels like that for me too!  Though my bump is quite small so I'm a bit scared of all the growing that has to happen in the next 13 wks  ph34r.gif

We had a bit of a scare yesterday - woke up with a racing heart (150bpm) and 30 min later, a cup of milk and sitting on the lounge hadn't helped.  Waited for OB's office to open - called them and they said to get my butt to the hospital where I'm booked in to deliver.

They did an ECG, then LOTS of waiting around (about 4 hrs worth) before I was moved to cardiology (heart rate still 140+) - then Intensive Care so they could give me Adenosine.  The drug can cause hearts to go all wacky - so 6 medical staff in the room, chief ICU doctor, chief medical doctor for the hospital and a host of nurses all holding emergency equipment  ph34r.gif

The drug essentially paused my heart to try and get it out of a weird rhythym - thankfully it worked!  And I stayed in ICU overnight for observation.  I'm now on a beta blocker for a little while until I can be re-assessed.  But the fact it has happened once means I need to be careful and keep an eye out for it happening again.  

Thankfully through all this - bub was 100% fine and happy (and kicking up a storm!).  So I'm home from hospital now but on bed rest for a few days before evaluating whether I feel good enough to go back to work next week.

Hope no one else has to go through this - it was a little scary!

#62 Happy_daisy

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Wow Spitzmum that's a bit scary! Any idea why it happened? Or is it just one of those things? Glad to hear bubs is fine and you're on the mend.

#63 munchmum

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Spitzmum, that sounds incredibly scary I hope you have a good rest and an uneventful rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks to all those who replied about their toddlers, its great to hear about other peoples experiences. We were away last weekend and tried putting dd in a bed as she is so big for the portacot but she just kept saying no bed cot lol so I guess she isn't ready.

AFM life is pretty uneventful I have been seeing a physio for hip pain which seems to help for a few days then it comes back. I'm hoping it just goes away as sleeping on my side is painful.

#64 spitzmum

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

According to the OB and cardiologist it just appears to have been a weird pregnancy thing - but I have to keep an eye out for it happening again.

#65 ~buzz~

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

Spitzmum- glad you are doing ok hopefully it doesnt happen again.

Found out yesterday my brother who is expecting twins are having identical girls biggrin.gif so very excited for them also found out DP's sister is pregnant (I swear there is something in the water around here) unfortunately they discovered a blood clot and she is currently in hospital not sure when she gets out yet as there isn't much they can do for her because of the pregnancy. She is currently being given injections and being monitored hopefully everything will be ok

hope everyone is doing well

#66 ~buzz~

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

3rd Trimester starts today biggrin.gif feel like I can actually start counting down now

#67 spitzmum

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

happy 27 wks to all of us due 4 Jan original.gif

I just noticed in buzz's sig that it says 91 days to go - I hadn't even realised we were down into double digits yet!

#68 bub79

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Spitzmum - Scary! Glad you and bubs are ok.

Yay, 3rd trimester today original.gif

Anyone else struggling with food? It's like I have completely lost my self control!  unsure.gif  I'm actually not eating too much as I get full quickly but I'm definately not eating the right things...lots of carbs and sweets. My DH is my 'enabler' haha, he always has to have ice blocks and cake/biscuits in the house! I now refuse to buy it so he'll go buy it and tell me not to eat it! gggrrr.

I've put on 7kgs so far and both previous pregnancies I put on about 17kg and I really don't want to crack the 20kgs this time! So I've decided today is the day to start eating better and ignore DH....wish me luck!

#69 cordyline

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Congrats spitz, buzz & bub79 on the 3rd trimester milestone! Me too (on Saturday gone past).

Re the eating I am not eating too badly (mostly healthy homemade food just slightly bigger portions with an occasional treat here and there.). In fact I am the one who is being a good influence on DH as he was developing a sympathy belly!!  

But despite that I have already put on 9kg! I am hoping the weight gain slows (but that is not what I have heard happens) because I am now at the point where my portion sizes are reducing because there just physically isn't enough room for the food to go!!

Anyway good luck with the endeavor to eat better (you might need to get DH onside).

Oh also we did our BIG BABY SHOP on the weekend and bought all the big stuff (and a lot of the little stuff too). Glad that is out of the way and I feel I can relax (hopefully it all arrives on time though as things like the cot and capsule are on back order and can take 8-12 weeks!!)

#70 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

We are finally back from Perth so I can do a proper post on here! Been keeping in touch on my phone!

cordyline - baby shopping is so much fun! I'm sure everything will arrive with plenty of time!

bub79 - Yay on the 3rd trimester! Good luck with the eating - My DH is the opposite, so I feel like I am sneaking all the naughty foods! How did you go with your glucose test?

buzz - wow twins for your brother! There is definitely something in the water there!! Hope your SIL doesn't have too many complications with the blood clot and she can come home soon.

munchmum - how are your hips feeling? Do you have a pillowtop mattress? I prefer a hard mattress and noticed I was getting sore hips at night. I've just done 2 wks at a friends house who had a super soft pillow top and my hips didnt hurt at all. I think you can get foam mattress toppers from the department stores or places like clark rubber? The extra padding might help?

spitzmum - was following you on the FB page, so glad they checked you out so thoroughly. Really hope its a one off, as you don't need any more scares like that! How did you go back at work today?

katem666 - hahaha thats so sweet! Yes you really are having a baby! I keep wondering what I'm putting myself through again, I should know better!!

EllaMaree - My EB group from DS still keep in touch on FB and we get a parents group here on EB as well!

Sharkie - how is the TT going?

JillyJellyBean - How was your weekend in Sydney?

spotty - hope you are feeling better and went ok with the Dr?

Aligeo - how are you travelling along? When is your Ob appt?

Toddlers - My DS is 23 months and we have decided to keep him in his cot for now. He was a shocking sleeper and only started sleeping through around 15 months and it still isn't consistent. What we do now is working, for the most part, and after such a long struggle to get it right, I don't want to mess it up! We have bought another cot for bubs, as his turns into a toddler bed anyway, so I never expected to use it for this baby. If he shows signs of wanting to go into a bed or TT, then I'm willing to give it a shot, but I haven't got any expectations. I have heard they often regress with a new baby. Our biggest thing is going to be getting rid of his dummy. He was pretty good, only using it for nap time, but he is cutting his 2yo molars atm and wants it all the time. Its driving me a bit bonkers. Not sure if we will have a shot of giving it to Santa this year or whether I can convince him to give it to the new baby (in essence). Will just play it by ear.

AFM - We are back from our hols in Perth, which were a bit of a nightmare TBH! The weather was shocking, very unusual for October! DS and I got gastro on the first weekend, then a horrid cold that had me coughing so much I've strained a tummy muscle. Now its turned into a sinus infection for me and double ear infections for DS, which he got 2 days before we were due to fly back! Luckily the antibiotics kicked in really quickly for him and he flew ok. We got to see everyone but not as much as I would like as we had to keep away with everyone, especially all the newborns with our germs! So a bit disappointing overall.

Otherwise, going really well! Belly has popped out even more, and bubs is riding really high! Can feel bubs under my ribs already and its starting to rapidly decrease my portion sizes! Indigestion has really ramped up but seems manageable so far. I'm sure I still had a few more weeks before DS made me this uncomfortable last time!! Seeing all the new bubs in Perth has made me super clucky though, can't wait for my own newborn cuddles!

Have my Ob appt on Wednesday, shouldn't be too eventful I hope! Yay for being in the final trimester!!

#71 ~buzz~

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

thanks ShirleyTemple She is home now has to give herself an injection daily to try and thin her blood until she gives birth then they will put her on 6 weeks of oral blood thinners. Sorry to hear you didn't get a good holiday sad.gif

#72 eleven

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hi Ladies,

Haven't checked in for a while as just had a lovely holiday up the coast with my DH. SO nice to have a break! I'm glad thing are going well for most of you- Spitzmum please take care!  

I'm hoping some of you more experienced mums might be able to answer a few questions I have as I'm a first timer and I don't have my next OBS appt for a few weeks...

I have been getting a couple of unfamiliar feelings that you may also be experiencing, some are a bit personal so sorry for TMI...

1... weird aching pain up really high under my right boob...not all the time, but worse when standing
2.... stinging straight across the centre of my belly...horizontal pain... not all the time either... no new stretch marks to report...
3....pain in my vulva when I change positions at night... but only on the left side...sorrry for TMI...
4...swollen feet that look like sausages poured into my work shoes! So ugly...
5...I've already put on 10 kgs!! Is that way too much?? My OBs never weighs me, but I was heavy to start....

Also, I was wondering whether it's ok to have a pedicure as I've got awful dry, cracked, heels...

Thanks a gazillion!

xx

#73 ~buzz~

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

Eleven- I have a similar sort of pain up under my right boob it isn't to severe and comes and goes not sure about the rest sorry but I've put on 11kilos so far ohmy.gif my doctor also hasn't weighed me the only time I was weighed was my initial midwife appt to work out my BMI

#74 spitzmum

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

I hear ya on the swollen feet - any longer than 2hrs at my desk and they end up as sausages sad.gif

Could the vulva pain be SPD?

I'm finally on the right heart medication - yay! Just have to chat with work about what my duties will be. Not sure if I will feel comfortable teaching (which is lots of standing, walking and using lots of energy for 3 hrs at a time) or whether I can find someone to teach my classes and instead to light duties (preparing for next semester etc)

#75 bub79

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

*ShirleyTemple* - glucose test was aweful - still not recovered fully! It didn't go down too well and then after the blood test I got very light headed and pale apparently. Never had that reaction before and now I'm thirsty constantly.....hope it's all nothing cause I refuse to do the 2hr test! original.gif

Don't stress about the dummy, best to take it as it comes like you said - I told DS1 that the baby needed his bottles now (when I stopped breast feeding) and got him new sippy cups and he was totally fine with that original.gif DS2 is still a bottle boy at bed time even though he has sippy cups during the day and I'm not messing with that for now! So hopefully that will work for you with the dummy? My DS1 loved giving DS2 his dummy - it was like his 'job' original.gif DS1 didn't have a dummy though did enjoy the occasional dummy share with DS2  rolleyes.gif  DS2 doesn't have a dummy anymore but DS1 now likes to give him his morning bottle original.gif Big brothers are so awesome!

eleven - I've got swollen feet but not your other pains. I'm starting to get mild cramping down low but I know thats just everything stretching for my growing bub - my boobs also sting now and then but I just put it all down to my body doing what it needs to for bubs. I found water areobics great for aches and pains with my other pregnancies - literally the aches and pains went away from just one class per week. I can't do the classes til early december when I finish up work so I'm really looking forward to that!

Yes have a pedicure! I had one about 2 weeks ago and it was fabulous (foot massage was so relaxing) original.gif I'm planning on a few more before bubs arrives original.gif

AFM - my attemps to eat better have started slowly blush.gif but thats still better than before. But I have meals and snacks planned out now so after I shop tomorrow there is not stopping me! Not even DH original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.