Bellini Multifuntion kitchen machine

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mung bean

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Just got an email from target, they are on sale as apart of homewares and electrical sale from the 13 of Sept. Has anyone else been contemplating buying one? They are down to $300 as a part of the sale with a 2 week deposit free layby, seems pretty good to me.

There is no way I'd ever buy a thermomix due to the cost and although I heard there was issues with the earlier model of this machine it's meant to of improved with this new release.

Would love to hear thoughts/feedback especially if you own a machine after the recall was done.

#2 greengoddess

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

When these first went on sale there were a LOT of problems (google it for reviews). It's based on the outdated TM, but this was a very cheap remake and apparently there was lots of burning etc. (They also plagiarised the TM cookbooks, which was very amusing!)

Personally, I think $300 is a lot to risk on a machine that had so many issues, though I'm sure in the intervening time they've tried to rectify them. If I was considering it, I'd be waiting a few weeks to see what the initial reviews are like.

As an alternative to the TM, the Thermochef gets good reviews - it costs more, but in the end it might be a safer bet.

#3 sophiasmum

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

I've heard so many people have problems with bellini products, I wouldn't.

#4 Mung bean

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

I did see the terrible reviews on the first release but since it was rereleased months back so far all the user reports I have seen have been great.

There is a Bellini facebook page which you can find from the Bellini website and it is being used to share recipes, reviews and tips. I have trailed through it and so far so good from the customers. Also another FB 'friend' posted he was happy with it as well.

Atleast if it's a flop I can get a refund original.gif think I'll still try it out.

#5 triangle

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

i've got one, no issues so far with burning or the like that apparently the first batch did earlier in the year.

The only difference I have been able to see from my friends with genuine TM is mine takes longer to cook things. I also find putting the stirring blades in a pain (as in i forget) lol, but it still turns out ok.

I'd love a TM, but keep telling myself, no, can't spend the money etc, so for me this is a good compromise

#6 CupOfCoffee

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I saw this in the catalogue and I am tempted, even reading the bad reviews for the previous machine.  

(I am another who can't afford a thermomix, but love the idea).

#7 TarneeW

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

I was tempted after seeing the catalogue too! Do they have exactly the same functions as a TM?

#8 Mung bean

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

No they dont have exactly the same features but for $300 it's pretty darn good from what I can see/have read. There is no scale so you would need to buy an electric scale but with the Target sale on you could get one cheap anyway oh and apparently the blade doesn't reverse AND the cook book is meant to be rubbish.

BUT

The best place to ask questions if defiantly on the Bellini Inteli FB page lot of recipes on there, one of the ladies PM me the Good guys superchef cookbook which works really well and is very comprehensive.

If anyone wants it it's a pdf I can send original.gif I put it on layby tonight it was $301 inc service fee.

#9 TarneeW

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Mung bean @ 12/09/2012, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No they dont have exactly the same features but for $300 it's pretty darn good from what I can see/have read. There is no scale so you would need to buy an electric scale but with the Target sale on you could get one cheap anyway oh and apparently the blade doesn't reverse AND the cook book is meant to be rubbish.

If anyone wants it it's a pdf I can send original.gif I put it on layby tonight it was $301 inc service fee.

Thanks for the info. I am really tempted....

If the offer is still there, would I be able to get a copy of the PDF? I'm definitely not a cook and these recipes might sell it to me. If so, let me know and I'll pm my email original.gif

#10 her mum

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Sorry to hijack the thread with what is probably a really stupid question...can you not use your own recipes with a Thermomix or one of its knock offs?

Do you need to cook just from the recipes that come in 'their' cookbooks?

#11 Chardonnay Buffay

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

can't speak for the thermochef or bellini, but with a TM you can use whichever recipe you like but you will need to 'convert' it because TM measures things in grams, and also get a feel for how choppy the different speeds are - depending on the consistency you used to get out of your blender or hand blades

#12 Holly Golightly

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

What are the blades like compared to the TMX?

Thanks,

#13 Mung bean

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

I have no idea what the blades are like in comparisons as I have never used a Thermo but TarneeW PM me and said she is loving her Bellini, mine is still on layby so I can't review it yet.

As for cooking 'their' recipes no you don't, you just need to build some confidence to play with it then you can go for it.

As I said below the FB page is filled with recipes, as there is women using the Bellini and recipe sharing there successful experiments. The Bellini creators are also posting new recipes regularly.

#14 Mung bean

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Just wanted to bump this back up and say, I now have mine off layby, I am LOVING it!  biggrin.gif and they are on sale for 2 days at Target or available to layby for $275 (30%) off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.