Due in December 2012 Chat Thread #18

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

#101 Jlhb

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Frogcal - im in the same boat, bottom 2.5th percentile with fluid levels. Stable though which is good. Data says it tends to drop off a little in third trimester for everyone.

Izzy - hope you are ok? worried that we havent heard an update from you. But i agree with the others that its always best to go straight to hospital if in any doubt.

AFM - have costochrondritis in one of my ribs. It is so unbelievably sore. If i sneeze or cough i have to support it with both arms and hands. Flaring out of my rib cage isnt helping. On a good note physio told me to stay clear of sweeping, vacuuming, pushing trolleys and raking. DH has to do everything!!! original.gif

#102 MuppetGirl

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Izy - hope you are doing ok. Let us know when you have a chance.

AFM: Had my next growth scan on friday. Baby is still huge laughing2.gif measuring around 4 weeks ahead and approx 2.8-3kg already ohmy.gif weight scans can be inaccurate though up to +/- 15%. Lets hope he is not the +15% and even bigger than estimated!

Have another growth scan in a fortnight.

Edited by MahnaMahna, 22 October 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#103 Leafprincess

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Jlhb- oh you poor thing, that must cane. Can you wear a support garment or be strapped in some way?

Frogcal- glad you managed to get away for a bit of a break. Hopefully the there is enough liquid for baby to swim in for a few more weeks. Update us after you OB appt yeah?

Kiwimel- how did your scan go? Indigestion is the pits, I sat up to sleep the other night because I ate an Indian curry that just kept repeating itself. I'm staying away from curries for a while after tasting the same meal 50 times.

I ended up going to the game, BIL couldn't make it and I didn't want to waste the ticket. People in our row were very obliging of my toilet breaks (we know most of the people sitting around us because we are season ticket holders.) lots of people staring in amazement at me waddling around the stadium. Baby kicked the entire game... Might have had something to do with those noisy kiwi supporters to our right  wink.gif

Izy Bee- did you end up going to hospital?

mahna- ooohhhh yes let's hope he's +15%  ffear.gif glad to see all is well though

AFM- I wet myself while under a hayfever induced sneeze attack yesterday. DP found it very funny as I was waddling for the bathroom. Guess its to be expected at this stage. Just to continue with the TMI line of conversation i had a whole heaps of white mucus this morning, concerned i called the OB, he said nothing to worry about as it didn't have blood and that in the last few weeks its normal to have increased thick white discharge.... rolleyes.gif  great.

nothing much else exciting, just hiding out at home in the air con, it's been stinking hot in Brisbane.

Wishing everyone well

Edited by Leafprincess, 22 October 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#104 Izy Bee

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hi all...decided against the hospital...pains have subsided...so dodgy dinner..I'm guessing...and since im having scans and OB visits every two weeks..I figured that they will let me know next week what it was!

I too am measuring a few weeks ahead..they estimate at 30 weeks he was around 5 lb's ...please  let that mean he will be born a 37 weeks, as I'm huge...I was given some photos of me at a ball recently...i cried..I look so pudgy...not looking forward to the maternity photo shoot in 2 weeks...I think this is why I avoided all photos with DD...it's too upsetting....ok sooky rant over original.gif

#105 Izy Bee

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Is there a facebook group relating to this forum?

#106 Leafprincess

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Izy bee

Glad you are ok  original.gif

#107 KiwiMelW

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Izy - Glad your ok too, oh no you poor girl. I hate feeling gross too, its so depressing

Leaf - I am so glad I wasnt at that game, I would have been a nervous wreck, it was bad enough watching it with mates at home. I think Dh wore pace marks through the old carpet.

JHLB - oh no you poor girl, I agree iwth leaf is there some sort of strapping or brace that can help, but if its on your ribs im guessing not, like when you break them.  

Frogcal - have a great break! We were contemplating driving to townsville to go see mumford and sons this sunday but decided against it as I just dont think I can cope with two 4 hours drives. It woudl just be way too unconfortable. Would have loved to have seen them though...

AFM - The scan went fantastic.  My placenta has moved right up so I can have a vaginal delivery, and all of my babys cysts in his brain are gone.  Plus we got so many good looks at baby's face. DH reckons hes a spitting image of me, whereas I think he looks like his father, he has big chubby cheeks, full lips and big nose (like his daddy), it was such a happy scan.

hes measuring almost two weeks ahead and has a big head she said, (which runs in my side of the family) I tell everyone its cause it is filled with brains.

Bad news in, Morning sickness has come back with a vengence and that with the indigestion is just plain gross!

#108 Birdieb444

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hi Ladies,

I have been reading your posts for ages and have not written anything sick.gif

Not too long to go and so much to do. We are nearly finished our weekly anti natal classes at the local hospital, we got to see a fresh bub last night as part of the class only 3 days old, oh my goodness so cute and tiny, except for his head, apparently it is much bigger than most, poor mum lol.

I havent done any washing of bubs clothes or sheets, or made the cot etc etc. Nor packed my bag for hospital I think I am assuming deep down bubs will be on time or late!

Any one had a baby shower yet? I was happy not to have one, though my sister-in-law and mum insist, theyre doing it all, it is lunch and cocktails with a slushy machine for cocktails, and mocktails for us mummy to be's, and a lolly bar, they love this stuff, should be good fun.

I have put on about 10-11kgs so far, how is everyone else doing? I feel heavy and a bit gross (heartburn and nausea) though not too concerned I get a big present at the end of this. Ill be straight back to weight watchers when I am allowed lol.

I hope everyone is doing well.

MrsPotatoHead if you could update the Due in December list with a girl for me original.gif

#109 KiwiMelW

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

hi Birdie,

its our last antenatal class tomorrow night, should be heaps of fun.

We also have our baby shower this weekend, been pickign up heaps of little things for it, although its mainly just a BBQ with drinks for all the guests. Its for both the mums and dads cause Dh wanted to be a part of it and is also a chance for us to catch up with everyone as we have been so slack.

And I've put on about 11kilos too, but I look pretty good considering. Im all belly and although i feel huge, im not actually that big. And your right straight back onto fitness when the baby is out and i should be back at pre pregnancy weight by the time all the weddings i have to go to roll around 4 months later.

#110 porkchop's mama

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Good work, KiwiMel!  I'm tracking close to you in the weight stakes.  Mostly belly but my hips feel pretty wide and hefty.  DH's personal trainer has offered to help when the time comes - my  motivation is our first family holiday, thinking of Hawaii in June / July.  In the mean time, I'm trying to keep going with my daily walks and as many swims as I can fit in on the weekends.  Am slowing down even more though and I can feel that shortness of breath starting.

Leaf - I'm with you about the bathroom when sneezing...

Other than that, so grateful I've only 2 more weeks to go at work.  The long shifts are killing me.  It takes me 2 days to recover.  Only 2 more of these to go.  

Nausea is hard core at the moment and I'm getting hungry every few hours too.

Hope everyone is going well.  

XXX

#111 LunaTwilight88

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hi ladies, How is everyone going?

Ive been put on best rest now sad.gif Went to the doctors yesterday BP was 183/65 She took blood and urine and considering ive had the last 4 days off and ive literally vegged out she said my BP should be normal and not that high.

We have 1 more antenatal class to go to. I think this one will be the best one, we get to bath a baby and talk about taking the baby home. Last class was horrific. She went into so much detail about the birth I said to DF on the way out that I wanted an elective C-Section. Ive since calmed down a bit but im still scared stiff.

Hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of feeling their babies move in their belly's wont be long till we've got them in our arms instead biggrin.gif

#112 frogcal

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hi girls,
Just a quick update after being to the dr  today. She was happy with my scan results, said while the fluid was low it was within normal range and growth ok so no concerns. Will have another scan at 37 weeks to check fluid and baby's growth. At this stage my BP is still at mangeable levels, but if it goes up much it will be 'time to bail' as she put it. She seems to be keen to give me a chance at spontaneous labour if possible, which is good but mentally I had been counting down to 38 weeks as that was originally the plan - to induce at 38 weeks.
On the down side, my SIL was admitted yesterday after her waters broke, she is also 34 weeks. She is in hospital now with the view to delivery being in the next week, they are just trying to get some steriods into her to mature the baby's lungs.

KJ- are you on meds for BP? 180 is well up there, though your diastolic isn't too bad. FTR my doctor's 'bail' trigger is systolic over 160, if it doesn't respond to meds. Have  you had any fetal monitoring to see how bubs is coping with your high bp?

I am starting the nesting phase i think, seeing everything that needs doing around the house. Cleaned out the fridge today, then spent over 300 bucks on groceries so filled it again. Told DH I'm not shopping again now until Christmas.

#113 Stardusties

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hi everyone.

Birdie Hehe the babies at the antenatal classes are adorable! When DP and I did ours we got to see one who was only a few hours old as the family were transferring from delivery suite to the ward and were more then happy to show off their brand new baby girl. Made me even more excited for the arrival of this one  wub.gif

Leafprincess Hay fever is awful when there's a baby on your bladder. I had the same problem yesterday and also managed to wet myself. Wasn't so funny at the time but I think it's hilarious today! Lucky for me the kitty got his fill of affection and should leave me alone for the next few days, which means the hay fever has gone too. I'm glad he's not terribly affectionate because I'd be sneezing non-stop LOL.

Izy Bee Glad to hear you're okay now.

KiwiMel Good to hear your scan went well, I bet it's a huge relief to know your placenta has moved and everything is clear with Bub too. I'm also in the lower weight range, having only put on around 9kgs so far. I seem to be carrying it well but then everyone does tell me I'm super small. I don't know where Baby hides but she does it well!

kjdean Hoping your BP comes down a bit for you. I'd definitely be feeling it if mine was that high.

frogcal Sending good thoughts for your SIL and her Bub. Nesting is so much fun, until you stop and the back pain kicks in! Then it's not so fun after all.

AFM ECG came back all clear again, so nothing to worry about there. My BP is going the other way to most of you- down. Doctor isn't too happy about it but we're keeping an eye on it in case it becomes a problem with dizziness/fainting again. Stubborn baby is stubborn and still hasn't turned so I get another scan in three weeks to check her position and probably book in for a c-section. Even though my hospital is happy to let me try a VBB I'm not too keen on the idea so I'll be trying to get her to turn beforehand.

Hows everyone going with baby movements? Mine is the most hyper little thing- she literally hasn't stopped kicking and stretching all day. It's funny to see when people notice and skirt away like I'm going to have a face sucker bust outta there at them! Keeps me amused while I'm waiting at the doctors or at the supermarket biggrin.gif

#114 LunaTwilight88

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

frogcal - Not on meds my doctor wants me to try best rest to see if that will help, shes coming for home visits to check it for me. Tonight it was 175/75, Im not sure what numbers need to be at what level.

Kiwimel - I too am pretty low on the weight gain. I've actually lost weight in some areas (thighs bum face arms) Im all belly and ive put on 10 kgs so far. Also managed to escape without any stretch marks yet touch wood haha.

#115 porkchop's mama

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

kjdean - sorry to hear about your BP.  Fingers crossed the bed rest will do the trick.

stardusties - glad the ECG is fine.

AFM

Bubs is kicking up a storm.  He wakes me up every couple of hours and I can feel his elbows sticking me in the tummy every so often.

Think I might be starting Braxton Hicks as well.  Little irregular twinges that are different to his kicks.  Nothing regular though.

Off to see my obs tomorrow.  My weight hasn't changed from last week.

XXX

#116 KiwiMelW

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Ladies one word - WATERMELON! Its like heaven on my lips.

I'm allergic to honeydew and rockmelon so stayed away from all fruits in the melon family, but with them coming into season i did a little test run. I have pretty obvious first side effects before i get to a full blown cant breath reaction and I can officially eat Watermelon!

is anyone else on a crazy hormone high at the moment. ever since my scan I cant get the stupid grin off my face and am so excited about the baby coming and everything.

Kjdean - no stretch marks for me either yet. My mum didnt get any although she has others on her hips and thighs from normal weight fluctuaions, just like me. Im hoping i take after her.

stardusties - i got told i was supersmall yesterday too. but my son wiegh 4.5 pounds and is above average on the growth scale, she estiamted 8 pounds which I reckon would be perfect.

porkchops - my bubs is moving all the time too, like i seriously dont know when he sleeps, but its a diff kindof moving, less punchy and more like hes trying to stretch out . Im guessing he is running out of room in there fast.

#117 ~A2~

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.