• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Therese

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

New thread time original.gif

Your last thread is Here

#2 spellfall

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

I've been missing for a bit due to a nasty cold that turned into a throat infection. I haven't been able to do any exercise for the last two weeks but I've finally turned a corner. Today is the first day that I've felt better than the previous day!

To my surprise, I had a positive weigh in yesterday. Or it might have been this morning. Anyway...

SW: 87.5 GW: 82.5 CW: 84.8 CL: 2.7

My friend has asked me to consider doing the Michelle Bridges 12bt with her - has anybody got any experience with this program?

#3 Relish*

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Playing catch up here. Hunter4 you look phenomenal! Congrtulations original.gif

I've been off MFP for a while as I've been stupidly flat out - one assignment to go this week and I'm freeeee (for four weeks :S ) Meant to weigh in yersterday but forgot so did it today, no change, not surpised. Will just keep swimming.

SW: 86 GW: 76 CW: 80 CL: 6

#4 hunter4

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

OK guys - I've cleaned up the list again - If you've dropped off it and want back on just post your updated stats and I'll add you back in.

bonnybabe: SW 65.1, GW 61.1, GL -4, CW 65.1, CL 0
Eric is mine!:  SW 85, CW 80.1, CL -4.9
Fire_fly (MFP – fire_fly30) :  SW 73.3, GW 69, GL -4.3, CW 69.9, CL -3.4
Flowermama (MFP - Jacstar76): SW 74.7, GW 62, GL -12.7, CW 68.6, CL -6.1
hkclaire (MFP - hkclaire): SW 65, GW 61.0, GL -4, CW 62.8, CL -2.2
hunter4  (MFP - 4hunter): SW 56.3, GW 50.0, GL -6.3, CW 53.8, CL -2.5
imamumto3: SW 56.5, GW 54.9 , GL -1.6 , CW 56.4, CL -0.1
Jacksdream (no_more_junk on MFP)- SW 81.1 GW 68 CW 72.9 CL -8.2
Just Steph (MFP – JustSteph81):  SW 76.8, GW 65, GL -11.8, CW 72.2, CL -4.6
Kiki_K (MFP – keelz07):  SW 76, GW 57, GL -19, CW 68.4, CL -7.6
Kelbelblue (MFP – kelbelblue): SW 86, GW, 80, GL -6, CW, 81.4, CL -4.6
lewis (MFP - lewis350):  SW 63.8, GW63, GL- 0.8, CW 62.5, CL -1.3
                                           SBF% 26.26,  GBF% 23, GBFL  3.26% CBF% 26.26, CBFL 0
L!zz!e: SW 86.1, GW 70, GL 16.1, CW 84, CL -2.1
Supernova2012 (MFP - ChasingStarlight): SW 49.8, GW 48.3, GL -2.5, CW 50.2,  CL 0.4
Spellfall:  SW 87.5, GW 82.5, GL -5, CW 86.5, CL -1
matt1972 (MFP – matt_1972): SW 99.9 , GW 94 , GL -5.9 , CW 98.4 , CL -1.5
Milano: SW 79.1, GW 68, GL -11.1, CW 73.8., CL -5.3
miraclebaby11 (MFP-miraclebaby):  SW 87.5, GW 80, GL -7.5, CW 87.9, CL 0.4
Mumma Bear(MFP – mummabear91): SW 131.5, CW 126.6, CL -4.9
Nayjay: SW 63.3, GW 56, GL -7.3, CW 61.2, CL -2.1
Onehotmumma (MFP – onehotmumma) : SW 66.1, GW -56, GL -10, CW 64.5, CL -1.6
Pinkbucket (MFP – needingsleep): SW 70.3, GW 65, GL -5.3, CW 66.2, CL -4
*Relish* (MFP – Relish_1) : SW 86, GW 76, GL -10, CW 78, CL -8
Spellfall: SW 87.5, GW 82.5, GL -5, CW 84.8, CL -2.7
Gen71 (MFP - Gen71): SW 62.3, GW 57, GL -5.3, CW 62.1, CL -0.2
Trishalishous(MFP – tryshalyshous): SW 111, GW100 GL -11, CW 109, CL -2
Two Sunflowers:  CW 84.7, GW 80, GL -4.7, CW 83.8, CL -0.9

Edited by hunter4, 29 November 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#5 Fire_fly

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

Hi guys I finally remembered to weigh in. Glad to say I have had a 600g loss. And I am feeling great! My energy levels are higher and I don't feel bloated.

Claire I will most def message you when I get 5min on the computer. I am on my iPhone and its not to conductive with writing long post/ messages. Thanks for the offer to help I will take you up on any tips you have. I am off all soy including soy lectern and soybean oil. They also want me off any face products containing soy (which is everything) this should only be for 4 weeks and then they will start reintroducing it to see my tolerance levels.

Spellfall I did the 12wbt a year or so ago and I did like some of the food and she seemed to get people motivated and make them accountable. I was thinking of doing it again until this soy intollerence was diagnosed. The food set up was quite expensive first trip but better after that and you really need to be able to stomach a wide range of food so if you are picky I would start clear of it. Kangaroo was eaten at least twice.
Good luck if you do it.

CW 71.9

#6 Tigster

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

Hi guys, some of you may remember me from back in the winter weightloss challenge. I've had to stop my weightloss journey as I'm pregnant. (There goes my plan of wearing a bikini this summer)

Congrat's to everyone on their losses and good luck on reaching your goals.

#7 hunter4

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

Tigster Congratulation.  Hope the pregnancy goes well - and go ahead , rock that bikini anyway - I love seeing baby bums with a bikini!

#8 Just Steph

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

Popping in to say hi, I tend to hang out more on Endomondo and MFP so I have been quiet in here but still reading your posts.

#9 Gen71

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Congrats tigster ! Must be something about losing weight in winter, I think you are the 2nd of that group to fall pregnant. Good luck with everything.

#10 RipeWickedPlum

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

UGH! I weighed in yesterday and was up by over 1kg!!! How is that possible? I weighed in on Sat and was down 200grams... Surely I couldn't have put on 1.5kg in 3 days???
So disappointed!

#11 matt1972

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Congrats Tigster!!!!

#12 hkclaire

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Great news Tigster!

#13 Fire_fly

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

Awesome news Tigster!!!

#14 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

feel like crap today sad.gif i have picked up Ethans cold sad.gif i went for my walk today and had to come home halfway through it. i can barely breath, snot galore, cant stop coughing and sneezing and my head feels like its full of bricks sad.gif hopefully i feel a bit better tomorrow!!!

#15 Gen71

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

I had to buy a new bra yesterday. I'm now a 10B, a whole cup size down! I'm happy I have lost the weight, but wish it would come off somewhere else!!!

Bit of an average week here. It's starting to get so busy, I'm not getting time to do the usual food shop & prep on the weekend, so end up snacking all week!
And the Xmas functions are starting to line up. We have something on every fri & sat night for the rest of the year! Any tips?? WWLD??

I really don't want to put it all back on like I did last Xmas!

#16 hunter4

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

argghh 2 days off the wagon for me.  Last night was attrocious but I did have a bit of an epiphany in bed last night.  I realised that when I get up and enxercise in the morning I find it a lot easier to say no to the crap during the day.  I think it's subconciously thinking that I'll waste all that good work if I go off points.  But when I don't exercise everything just keeps getting put off and the crap food starts creeping in.  Hopefully this will keep me motivated to exercise in the morning.

So anyway did the first of Jillian Michaels Level three today and actually enjoyed it more that levels 1 and 2 so hopefully I can stick with that for the rest of the month.

Gen71 - I'm woth you and am a bit worried about the lead up to christmas. The weather is getting colder around here and running won't be enjoyable for much longer, plus my parents will be staying with us for the month of November, we've got halloween and thanksgiving coming up then holidays before christmas. I think I'm going to need lots of kicks in the ass over the next two months to keep on track.  But at least I have a good goal.  I'm heading back to Autralia for January and am hoping to be able to wear a bikini so must stay strong......

Mumma Bear - bugger about the cold - hope it doesn't last long.

#17 matt1972

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

Lost 0.1 this week which I am content with.
Have eaten pretty well, minus dessert every night this week, but haven't done any exercise. Work has been busy and the weather has been odd most of the week so not getting home in the mood to get out and walk. It's nice that even though the exercise has been so lacking that the food choices have remained kind of on track and I was still able to sneak in for a small loss.

Probably wont have a Friday Freeday today but dinner might be a bit looser than the rest of the week.

We have a Christening on Sunday with drinks and food afterwards so that will be the big test this weekend. The weather forecast isn't great this weekend but hopefully I can wake up with a bit of zing tomorrow morning and sneak out for an hour before the rest of the house get up.

CW 98.5 CL 1.4      Would love to knock off another 0.2 next week to hit 5kg lost in 4 months.

#18 Supernova2012

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

Congrats tigster!

Hope your epiphany helps hunter!

Matt- you can do it!

Hi everyone else! I weighed in at 48.8 today and I have decided that is thin enough! So on to maintenance for me, feels weird. I will still do 5:2 though so Mfp friends don't panic, I will be low some days but higher others

#19 hkclaire

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Well done Supernova! Such a fantastic achievement. What are you doing tonight to celebrate????

Well done Matt - a loss is still better than a gain. Keep at it!

I'm a bit worried about Christmas too. Thankfully DH is on a huge weightloss kick at the moment, so should be easy to keep it reasonably sane and not feel like the one always trying to exercise and eat more healthily.

Gen - I know what you mean about bras. I'm thoroughly depressed about my lack of boobs. I'm pretty sure I've got less now than I had before kids. Breastfeeding plus weight loss has not been kind! On a positive note, at least they are not saggy. (One of the benefits of having small boobs!)

DD1 & DH have both had colds. I've managed to avoid it so far. They both seem to get them worse than me & DD2. Hope you are feeling better soon mumma bear.

My weekend is likely to be a disaster, but I promise to get back to it on Monday!  Have a good weekend everyone original.gif

#20 Just Steph

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

I put on this week so 500gram up for me.  Then I went all stupid and ate a hideous amount of calories yesterday..... custard donut, red velvet cupcake and indian for dinner.  THEN my husband bought chocolate bars when he went out to get milk and ended up eating that as well.

rant.gif silly me!

ETA:  Supernova can you explain 5:2?

Edited by Just Steph, 27 October 2012 - 09:59 AM.

#21 Supernova2012

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Steph, ignore it and eat a bit lower next two days and weigh again Monday. Look at my diary Tuesday to now- I lost 1.4kg this week.

Ok, now the craziness commences:

5:2 is a way of calorie cycling. So say your calories for a week including exercise and with a deficit to lose weight are 1500 per day. You don't have to eat an even number of cals each day. So with 5:2, you eat more on 5 days and less on 2 days. More specifically, on the two low days you fast from dinner the night before until dinner that day and then eat about 500 cals, which feels like a lot if it is all nutritious. The 2000 cals you save can be eaten on the other days, so in this scenario you would have 1900 cals those days. It ends up with the same cal reduction over the week, but with two less comfortable days then other feast days. I think I will keep doing it even on maintenance and keep the cals for the weekend.

During the fast you can have low  cal caffeine eg black coffee, green tea, coke zero. These suppress your appetite. I find that if I am not eating, I am not eating, so no urge to snack.

It is not for people with an eating disorder. There are potential benefits such as decreased cancer and alzheimers risks, increased longevity. Google eat stop eat.

Edited by Supernova2012, 27 October 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#22 Just Steph

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Sounds interesting.  Do you choose to eat lower calories on the days before your weigh in?  And do you find it really difficult going ALL day without food?  

#23 Fire_fly

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

I really like the idea of eat stop eat, I may have to give it a go at some point, once I get all this allergy testing out of the way.

I finally remembered to weigh in on the right day and am stoked, 1.4kg loss this week taking me to 70.5kg. I am nearly at my spring goal and can start focusing on my summer goal of 63kg that will take me back to my pre England days where to much drinking and stodgy food made me gain 15kg.

The change in diet is amazing. While its a pain to have to cook my own bread and read every food packet. I am feeling 100% on what I did and I am losing weight again. I am also learning not to snack out of boredom as I can't just grab that piece of cheese or deli meat.

How was everyones weekend?

SW 73.3, GW 69, GL -4.3, CW 70.5 CL -2.8

#24 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

my husbands godfather died this weekend and its been very stressful. i also forgot to weigh in this morning but im not looking forward to it. all weekend we ate crap and i didnt even comprehend that i was doing it. its been a long time where i just ate to distract myself and im so angry for doing it sad.gif i have a feeling tomorrow will be a terrible result but its nothing i cant change.

#25 Supernova2012

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Sorry about your loss mummabear. Just do the best you can.

Firefly- good job, glad things are getting under control.

Steph, I am still doing 18:6, so I am used to not eating in the morning, and u do it on my days off when I am busy racing around and not bored thinking about eating. Sometimes I feel mildly uncomfortable but it is fine, if I struggled I would just eat. If I have some caffeine it is ok. I will weigh on Tuesdays now after a low day! But I do weigh myself through the week as I want to stay under 50.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ek-houseofmagic-thumb

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.