Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 MarsBarSlice

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

GOLD, yeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I am so tired, exhausted. It just seems like an never ending circle.

They suspect that DS2 has a blood clotting problem. It's not too serious just something to be aware of.  When they get the final tests back in a few weeks we will have a definite answer. The test is taking that long because they send it to Westmead and wait till they have a whole batch to do.

Is anyone else's 15 month old really tired. He sleeps through the night most nights but still gets really tired by early to mid morning.

DS1 is going to the dr's to so we can get on top of his behaviour and sleep issues. The dr suggested it might be sleep apnea (sp?) which we hope not or it may be his tonsils. I had my tonsils out around his age.

Did I mention that I'm so tired.............................. bbl

Sorry for no personals atm

#3 Feral Dinosaurus

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Silver

MBS - I hope you sort out what is wrong with DS2, I'm glad they don't think it is serious.

TNMN - Hoping to hear good news on the ring soon.

Mamabug - How is ladybug going now? An how is Mamabug - those pills working yet?

Goosey - How are things in China? I hope you've had some proper tea and a dodgy massage by now biggrin.gif

Mrs Cee - That's awful news, I hope you get through it quickly. My friend had shingles when her eldest was 4 months old and she didn't pass it on to him so fxd you manage too.

I forget what else was happenning - Hi everyone else (oh yeah, how'e the pretend crazed gunman going - did they pretend arrest him yet?)

Me.

Well, I have been recommended for tenure. Yay. i have not got the F/T hours I want but will have from Jan so not too much fuss from me.

Saw the Paed again today - I have no idea why, so he could waggle his finger at me again and tell me he can't help me if I don't do what he tells me to do (which is of course true, but very frustrating!) Ted is now on so many magic potions it's not funny. He is on Osmlox, liquid parafin and another one. I can't remember its name. He better poo soon! His tummy still feels good and he isn't in any obvious pain when the Dr felt his tummy so it's probably just me. Sigh. I have also stopped day time feeding, so at the moment he gets 7am, 4pm and 7pm (we'll worry about the overnighters later!) this is day 4 and I'm going to try and drop the 4pm one in the hope he eats something. I also have a referal to Masada with the stern lecture to call them and "I never refer people to sleep school, you are the 3rd person this year I have recommended to sleep school, do you understand how serious this is - you need help, he needs help, you need to go to sleep school" roll2.gif OK, I shall go to sleep school!!

All else good and busy, take care all.

#4 Mamabug

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hey all.

MBS - sounds tiring just reading, let alone living it. sad.gif

DinoJ - so, have you ever considered going to sleep school????

AFM - Day 3 of elimination.... I WANT MILK. And I am soooo tired, and constantly hungry! I am lacking in imagination on what to do with th elimited ingredients at my disposal...but I am thinking protein boost tonight with scrambled egg (no milk or butter) with finely sliced green beans and shallot, maybe some grated Brussel sprout and scotch fillet. Tomorrow I shall attempt piklets with the liquid content made up of rice milk and pureed pear.

And in the personal injury stakes - no, I didn't break my nose...and how are all the noses going, by the way? - I tried to remove a portion of my finger with a knife yesterday! Glad I have finger nails as that is what stopped the knife! Bled like a stuck pig, but I didn't start to think 'hmmmmm' until I started shaking, got really cold and felt light headed. rolleyes.gif

So I rang a friend to come over for a while in case the kids needed anything. All I am going to say is that changing nappies is a challenge when you can't use one of your index fingers and the child in question is a contortionist.

#5 Feral Dinosaurus

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Blimey Mamabug - have you had it looked at?

As for my nose - it has reached the point DH promised that it would, where is moves but doesn't hurt. It's like a wobbly tooth - it's not that I get pleasure out of 'checking' it still moves, but I can't help it!! I hope it stops moving soon or it may never heal and I will be left with an odd play-toy in the middle of my face laughing2.gif

#6 Mamabug

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

DinoJ - sounds like one very interesting party trick in the making, there!!!!

My finger is fine, sore, but fine. Tonight I am more bothered by the burn I got making dinner on the insde of my opposite wrist. Couldn't be on the same hand, noooooo. I had to go and make two hands sore!!! Luckily only a minor burn, but still stings!

#7 Feral Dinosaurus

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Anyone care to borrow a 3yo?

He's cute, noisy, cries too much today, wants a finger bun (come hell or high water he wants a finger bun), he isn't TT and hates having his nappy changed, did I mention he wants a finger bun? ARGH!!!

I better get my first post ready for tonights fridrufundraisingfembar.

So does anyone have a finger bun?

Mamabug - I burn myself so frequently i have hands like my chef brother and I don't even feel it any more. I am very clumsy - DH often comments how I still have both my hands (he thinks he's funny though).

Argh - bloody finger buns!

#8 MarsBarSlice

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

DinoJ - I'll swap you for an over tired, exhausted 3 1/2 year old who now has a temperature and a sore ear.

Sorry no finger buns here but I am constantly nagged at to make a smoothie.  I know that doesn't seem so bad but all the time gets a bit much.

As for burns, I was toasting my museli that other day and took the tray out whilst leaning across to turn the oven off and then OUCH.  Now I have a big smile on the inside of my arm that will leave a great scar.

MrsCee - That's terrible. Hopefully it stays contained and everything is sorted in your favour soon.

I got to say, I'm loving the quiet.  It has only been a handful of times that both boys have been asleep during the day at the same time and this is one of them.  It has also only been when both or DS1 is sick.

#9 Mamabug

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

It amazes me at times the words I see put together to make an allegedly coherent statement/sentence. This morning's little wonder: "Darifree calcium fortified potato drink".

My cooking challeneg for the day is to make Brussel sprout piklets...anyone want the recipe??

#10 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

No thanks, but may I please have a finger bun?

Fantastic news here - we found my wedding ring!!!!!!   biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#11 Mamabug

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

TNMN - that's wonderful!!! You must tell us the whole story. eexcite.gif eexcite.gif  

And, might I add, my piklets were quite tasty. More a fritter, really. I steamed the sprouts, green beans and a bit of shallot, then pulverized it all and mixed it into the batter made of flour, egg and rice milk. Yup, they were something I would deliberately have again!

LadyBug has frettewd, whined, cried and screamed her way through the day and is now in bed. Not sure for how long as she screamed between 2 -3.30am, after being up before 5am the morning before. I am hoping this doesn't continue. She is also starting to refuse food - I guess she doesn't like her limited diet.

I am starting to worry about her losing weight. We are doing this intollerance challenge because of her low weight and dropping off the charts when she started solids...I don't want this investigation to lead to more weight loss.

#12 Feral Dinosaurus

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Very good TnMn - now to have another wedding to celebrate laughing2.gif

Mama - poor ladybug sad.gif I do hope she doesn't lose weight, how 'big' is she now (Ted's toppled 12kg).

I love ice magic.

I'm sorting through the kids toys to get rid of as much as possible before Christmas; we have one of those toy shelves with 6 bins on it (baby bunting et al do them) and I now have 2 empty bins. I may have been a bit harsh...

biggrin.gif

Teddy has done three soft poos in three days - unheard of! And he takes this medicine if I hide it well enough (the parafin he was all over the consistency) fingers crossed this is it - then only, what, 8 months to go!

#13 Mamabug

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

DinoJ - the LadyBug is holding steady at 7.7kg.

Erm....thanks for the Ice Magic non sequiter....I'm making eliminated soup for dinner. Currently simmering chicken, celery, swede, brussel sprouts and green beans in garlic water. I shall whizz this all up and add some cooked risoni for the LadyBug and myself for dinner.

I'm starting to run out of ideas....

But, YAY for Tedster!! LadyBug did a non-medicated poo yesterday. biggrin.gif

#14 MrsCee

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (ThatsNotMyName @ 27/10/2012, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fantastic news here - we found my wedding ring!!!!!!   biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

So happy for you TNMN biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif    

Any YAHHH for Tedster's and Ladybug's poos - never thought I'd utter that sentence  cool.gif

Shingles are healing (thanks to drugs which I have taken religiously) and no chickenpox on my babies..... so far.....   hands.gif

#15 Mamabug

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Glad to hear the babies are okay, MrsCee...and that you are on the mend, as well.

And I thank you for your interest in my offspring's bowel habits biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#16 MarsBarSlice

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Lady Bug and Tedster and DS2 a big yay.  DS2 has not had blood in his nappy for just over a week.

TNMN - Fantastic on finding your wedding ring, would love to hear the story if you wouldn't mind sharing it

MrsCee - Good news that you are on the mend and the boys are in the clear

Mamabug - Well done on the diet, I commend you for your imaginative efforts.

DinoJen - DS2 is 11.5kg and counting. That's my excuse for not joining a gym, I carry him around and at times DS1 who is about 17kg and if they are both in the shopping trolley, well, there's my workout.  DS1 is a long skinny thing and always has been. It is such an experience putting his old clothes on DS2 who fills them out completely instead of them hanging off him like on DS1.

AFM: We went to a benefit today (done like a school fete) for a friend whose husband has a max of 6 months to live. He has pancreatic cancer. It was so rewarding to see the hundreds of people that turned up to donate and help out. This is the 3rd person in a year that we directly know that has pancreatic cancer, sadly the other 2 have already passed. It's such a cruel cancer and often too late before it is discovered. The age ranges of the 3 people are vastly different too so it's just one of those gene things. A celebration of a lovely family coping the best they can.

#17 Mamabug

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (MarsBarSlice @ 28/10/2012, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mamabug - Well done on the diet, I commend you for your imaginative efforts.

Aw, shucks! Keep up that kind of sweet talk and you might earn yourself an invitation to dinner!!!

As for the benefit, I'm glad to hear was also a celebration. I hope the family is surrounded by love. I still recall all too clearly when my sister-in-law died from brain cancer four years ago.

#18 MarsBarSlice

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Mamabug - I'll keep the sweet talking cause I do like brussell sprouts. DP even grew them just for me. Have you ever seen a brussell sprout grow, a bit weird, not what I pictured.

And yes this has bought back all the memories of another friend's husband battling cancer for 7 years. It makes me so sad for them knowing what the next few months is going to be like.

#19 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Mama the soup sounds delicious.

Dino - things are sounding good re Ted's poo.

MBS I'm so sorry to hear about that poor family, how awful. It's lovely that the community is pulling together for them though.

Mrs Cee I'm so glad you're on the mend, good job original.gif

DF how are you & Oreo going?

My ring - it was in the garden! We hired another metal detector and found it straight away with that one. I can recommend Minelab brand courtesy of Kennards Hire tthumbs.gif  I had been so despondent about having lost it and promptly burst into tears when we found it. I still can't quite understand how it came off but lesson learned - no gardening without gloves!!!

#20 Mamabug

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (MarsBarSlice @ 28/10/2012, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do like brussell sprouts. DP even grew them just for me.

Now that's romantic. wub.gif

Have you ever tried them grated and sprinkled in a salad? Got a bit of a spicy flavour to them. Or drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted? Yummy.

Maybe I should go into the recipes section and start a Brussle sprout love-in???

TNMN - the soup was delicious! Although.... ph34r.gif ph34r.gif .... all this cabbage, sprouts and garlic is having some er, um, interesting side effects.

AFM - I am stuck at home for the day on parcel delivery duties. Sigh. My one day withjust LadyBug and I can't do anything...apart from housework!

#21 Shadowess

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hello from Hobar!

Last day of mine and Freya's trip... We came down for a wedding just out of Launceston... Apparently the same place that Kate Richie got married, for those of you following along at home. Anyway, wedding was really lovely, bloody freezing though! Really enjoyed catching up with old school friends too.

Mum, Freya and I stayed for a couple of days, before coming back to Hobart. We had a wander around the city and drove out to my great grandfather's old house and found his grave. As you do, which on holidays! Back in Hobart, I've caught up with my brothers and nephews, which has been nice. We head home tomorrow, and then I have surgery on Thursday, so it's all happening!

Anyway, that's about it from here. Glad to hear that there's poo action, and wedding rings have been found!

Fee

#22 Mamabug

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Sounds lovely, Shadowess.

Himself would love to move to Hobart, but I'm happy with where we are! Although, I wouldn't object to an annual lengthy holiday there....

In other news - we had another poo today!!!! An unprecedented three in one week. And  ***TMI WARNING***** all of them have been very soft. No screaming. No bleeding!!!!!!

I may or may not have developed a strange Celebratory Poo Dance.... unsure.gif unsure.gif  

But....one thing I do now know....Brussel sprouts don't just have a distinctive odour when cooking.... huh.gif

#23 Feral Dinosaurus

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Shadowess - I shall have to check with my sister, but there is a very good chance she was waiting/maitre de'ing your wedding!

Mama - I don't think there is any need for a poo dance! Ted also had a soft poo today, hooray!

I saw a friend today who told me she is unexpectedly pregnant, her DH is very mad, he wants to terminate, she doesn't, he's so far refusing to go to the scan and she thinks her marriage will probably end sad.gif How utterly difficult for them, her, the kids...just all of it sucks. Hopefully he'll come around in the next few months.

In other adult news I have given up on my bladder and started buying tena "lady pads" roll2.gif - love the name. DH is also greatly amused, unfortunately they have proven quite useful (which is why I got them I guess, but sheesh - I'm only 37!)

Back to the kids original.gif

#24 Shadowess

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Dino, it was at Quamby Estate, on Thursday (due to it ring show day in Hobart). Was very, very lovely!

Your poor friend.... What a horrible situation to be in...

And Tena pads?? Have things gotten that bad?? Also, how's the diet going?

Mama, yes,  recommend a holiday, not necessarily moving here. yay for poo!

Edited by Shadowess, 29 October 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#25 Feral Dinosaurus

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Yes my poor friend, I really feel for her, him, the kids... It sucks.

Tena pads - look how bad is "that bad"? I've had 6 pregnancies and two kids, I can hold on to my wee for a reasonable amount of time but it definitely has a "leakage" point where I no longer have control. I'm not sure if it's getting worse or not but it seems to be! I may go to a dr next year if it's not improving!

My sister doesn't work there - she's at a winery.

DH is sick, man flu, "I'm sick, I need the doctor, I need anti-biotics, no one could live like this...blah blah blah" I have sympathy with him and am happy to sort the kids out, but seriously - ABs? I don't think so sunshine, it's a bloody summer cold, it will go away in a few days. Poor man!

On zhat note got to get house working, finishing up my spring clean out. Yay!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.