Due in December 2012 Chat Thread #19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#51 mcchickies

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

jlhb sad.gif thinking of u original.gif

bluebird , hope u are feeling betterxx dont know bout everyone but in my case & a few friends in similar situations dont feel the same after either sad.gif i get pains everyday & unbarable pressure in pelvic area & in my bottom as well as very painfull period cramping , have made it 2.5 weeks now since my first scare& after the second admission in hospital i have told myself that once pains are unbarevle or are less then 15 apart ill go to hospital & also when they get bad i hop into a hot bath, that seems to ease them & knowing that if its the real thing the bath will not stop it lol just a tip biggrin.gif ....after the first admission also mine was at 32 weeks & iexperienced the leaking boobs also , i put it down either to the contractions or the drugs ..but mine stopped after a few days............. a friend of mine had tpl also at 27 weeks then again at 34 weeks & now her bub is 9 days over mad.gif so im guessing this might be our case ohmy.gif & i hope not .......... take care & keep intouch x

#52 porkchop's mama

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

jhlb - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.  I'm thinking of you all in this stressful time.  Take care.

bluebird and mcchickies - hope you're both looking after yourselves and that things are settled for you both right now.

Hello everyone else and I hope all is well.

AFM
It's my last week of work and to be honest, it really is time.  I'm 32w5d today and the back pain and slowing down really hit at the weekend.  I'm a little sad to be leaving work, a bit apprehensive about the birth, excited about starting mat leave.  So all over the place.

My mum and aunt are coming over Nov 22 and I'm really excited about seeing them.

I think bubs has dropped.  The top of my uterus is definitely lower than it was a week ago and I can feel the pressure on my bladder if I've been on my feet for a bit.

Have my growth scan this Wed and hope that all is well.  I'm going to buy more stuff for bubs after the scan.  If he's going to be a little thing then I'll need more newborn sized things.

Take care, everyone.

XXX

#53 Stardusties

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi ladies. I've been reading along but haven't had time to post.

jhlb- sending positive thoughts and vibes for both you and your Dad. I know it's hard but try not to stress too much.

bluebird and mcchickies Hoping your babies stay in just a little longer and you're both taking it easy.

I hope everyone else is keeping well and is enjoying these last few weeks of pregnancy. Not too long and we'll have our Babies in our arms  happy.gif

AFM- Had my growth scan today and Baby is growing well. She's measuring almost perfectly for her EDD. Fluid is fine, she has hair too, the US tech pointed it out to us so hoping she still has it at birth. Only problem is she's still breech, now with one foot jammed down in my pelvis and the other leg bent under her. My cervix is also very short, measuring under 1cm so I'm off to the doctors in the morning for an exam to see if I'm dilated or not. Will update when I know more.

In other news I've been nesting like crazy this last week, I've cleaned the car inside and out, put the pram and car seat in, emptied and re-made Baby's cot, folded and packed away all her blankets and towels, scrubbed both the toilet and bathtub and washed my Mums car. It's been absolutely insane. Of course knowing that my cervix is so short makes me relieved that I've gotten it done.

#54 natalia2482

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

jhlb, thinking of you x

#55 letsgivethisago

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Jibh ~ Thinking of you, hope everything goes as well as possible in the next few days and that you are able to get some rest and look after yourself also.

Stardusties ~ I too have started feeling quite 'nesty' don't know if I can keep up these cleaning urges for the next 6 wks!

Sorry to hear of those who have worries with pre-term labour and growth concerns. To those worried about size though dont forget all babies are different sizes and if your ob or midwife isn't worried then I really wouldn't stress. I've been 2-3 wks behind in my fundal measurements since they started taking them but no-one has been concerned in the slightest. I figure every baby is different and smaller doesn't mean it can't be a perfectly healthy bub.

AFM~ I've been feeling very very tired lately (sure I'm not the only one there!!!). Still enjoying trying to keep up with a bit of walking and some aqua aerobics, so nice to get in the water and not feel quite so heavy! I've only put on about 8kgs so far but am noticing the extra weight all the same. Have had our childbirth classes and found them fantastic, thinking of trying for a water birth but know that I'll quite possibly opt for some strong drugs which will rule that out. I guess I'll just keep my options open, it's all quite unknown really! Finally got the nursery painted and wallpaper on one wall. Can't wait to get everything else and set it all up. We still have a bit of shopping to do but not stressing, we'll get there.

Can't believe how close we are all getting, very exciting!

Hope everyone is feeling good and able to enjoy these last few weeks.  original.gif

#56 steen2007

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

jhlb- Hoping that things are going well.

stardust- glad bubs is measuring well. I too have been nesting and have swapped the boys rooms around and cleared out the winter clothes and made sure they have enough for summer.

porkchop- I worked up until 36 and 37 with the boys and honestly I dont know how I did! I am so ready for a nap after going to the shops this time, so very glad that I am not working at all.

bluebird- Glad things settled, but can understand the nervous wait and second guessing each pain. Hope that you can get a few more weeks under your belt.

AFM- Saw OB today and things are starting to ramp up. Last bub was born at 36+6 so hoping that will be roughly the same this time. OB suggested perhaps inducing before 40 weeks if I haven't gone and if it is favourable. I am very happy with that but will how we go up until that point.

#57 natalia2482

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Porkchops, good luck tomorrow. Let me know how you go.

Qs, does anyone else have itchy feet?

#58 porkchop's mama

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hi girls

Quick me post, sorry!

Had my scan this afternoon and bubs is fine.  Slap bang on the 50th centile where he's always been.  

Hugely relieved.

Hope everyone is well.

XXX

#59 natalia2482

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Porkchops that's great news! Hope ours goes as well as yours did. . . ours isn't until Monday.

#60 Nutty nut

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Everyone seems to be having growth scans... Is that only because there's been a concern at some stage, or is it common for everyone now? My obs hasn't mentioned one...

#61 Stardusties

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Red nut- Mine was actually to check Baby's presentation to confirm that she is breech so I could get a referral to the breech clinic at the hospital. Doctor added a growth check because I asked. If you're worried maybe ask your OB for one?

porkchop's- Glad your scan went well. It's so nice to see them on screen happy.gif

natalia- Not itchy feet, but really itchy ankles and wrists as well. Luckily for me I was prescribed a cream to use early on because I was scratching myself to the point of bleeding. Hopefully you won't get to that point though!

steen- It is getting very close for some, we'll have some gorgeous newborn shots floating around here soon I'm sure  wub.gif

AFM- I'm on weekly appointments now until birth, alternating between my GP and the hospital because of the short cervix and Baby's position. The midwives and OB I spoke to yesterday aren't too concerned with it but told me to take it easy, at least until we get to 37 weeks. Then we're booking in the c section for 39 weeks or so, which means we'll hopefully be out of hospital just in time for Xmas  xmas_cool.gif  It's all happening fast now!

#62 natalia2482

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Red nut @ 08/11/2012, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone seems to be having growth scans... Is that only because there's been a concern at some stage, or is it common for everyone now? My obs hasn't mentioned one...

Hi Red nut, i'm having to have one cause our baby's stomach was measuring a little small at 32 weeks as was my fundal measurment.  It's not normally something that is done, just if the measurements are high or low they may want to do one to check all is ok.

#63 KiwiMelW

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Yeah same with me, my placenta was really low and they wanted to check up to see if it had moved so I can have a vaginal birth.

definitely a check if there were concerns kind of thing.

#64 porkchop's mama

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

natalia - best of luck for your scan next week.  They checked the position of my placenta too and it's all good.

Turns out bub had a growth spurt and today's fundal height was 32cm.3cm growth in 2 weeks

#65 natalia2482

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Porkchops - that is great news for you.  Your little one certainly did have a growth spurt!!

#66 LunaTwilight88

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Rednut - Mine was because of the way my body breaks down protien can sometimes lead to low birth weight but all the scan have been good.

#67 frogcal

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hey girls,
just a quick me post, had doc appt yesterday. BP still ok, she decided against another growth scan and said she will check my cervix next week with the view to booking me for induction for the week after, so around 2 weeks to go I suppose.
Good news too my best friend from mother's group announced today that they are expecting again. She has had a few health issues so wasn't sure if they would have any more but 13 week scan was all clear and they are over the moon.

#68 steen2007

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Not common place for more scans after the 20 week one, but people with history or baby size can, as the others mentioned.

Yes there will be some more babies very soon. It is terribly exciting.
I am so glad to here that all the scans are coming back with great news for mum and bub.

Now to just get through the next fortnight and we will have more of an idea of when we might meet buby.

#69 Birdieb444

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

hi Red nut, I had a 34 week ultrasound which I was told to measure bubs and get n idea of her size, they measured her head, tummy and legs and put her in a perecentile range of her size when born, she is in the 70th perecentile range, I m hoping she doesnt get too big she has to come out yet! lol. I assumed it was standard for pregnancies. I am going through an obstetrician, I dont know if that has anything to do with it.

I have terrible swollen feet at the moment, I was worried about pre-eclampsia but my OB isnt worried he said if shins swell then look into it. I dont fit any of my shoes except one pair left!

I am still in agony when sleeping in my hips. I have another appt with chiro/osteo tomorrow, it seemed to help a little bit last week.

I hope everyone is well bbighug.gif

#70 steen2007

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Birdie- The US isn't an OB thing as I have never had any after the 20 week one and I have been to 3 different OBs.

I hate the swelling feet. My fingers are doing it more this time and my OB isn't worried either, just keep checking your PB and if you get headaches as well.

All the best on the sleep front, it doesn't get much better I am afraid.

#71 KiwiMelW

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Does anyone else get constant movement, its starting to get really annoying! Although reassuring and nice. its probably cause the poor wee bugger is running out of room so I can feel every movement.

#72 Tiken

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Kiwi, yep constant movement here, I enjoy most of it, not too keen on the jabs in the cervix though.  Are any of the movements painful for you?

I havent posted for ages, but read every day Im at work, so thought I would come out of lurking & say Hi  original.gif

We ended up finding out bubs gender after planning on keeping it a surprise. (the Dr wanted me to have a growth scan as bubs measures a touch smaller than dates, only by about a week).   babygirl.gif which I am very excited about.

Still working 4 days a week and starting to find it a struggle, she moved head down & is right down there according to the ultrasound tech, so I am getting nasty pelvic pain from sitting in the office all day & sciatic pain.  Not fun.  Also just feeling exhausted, Im sure Im not alone in that.  I submitted for maternity leave till the 14/12 but now Im starting to regret not finishing earlier, dont know if I can make it till then I just want to go home to bed!

Its a pretty exciting time with all the bubs due soon, this is my 3rd baby & Im as excited as ever.

#73 mcchickies

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

llove.gif  llove.gif Gisses congrats to u , your babies are here hope u are all well xxxx

#74 Stardusties

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Oooh more babies! Congrats Gisses, hope you and babies are doing well. Loving their names too  wub.gif

KiwiMel Yes lots of movement here as well, I find it very comforting but it can be painful at times too.

Tiken I couldn't even imagine still working at this point, I need a nap every few hours lol.

#75 steen2007

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

LOL do I need to be on the FB group for the gisses info?

Congrats Gisses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.