your top 5 songs NOT to play at a wedding
(shameless spin-off)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 claptrap

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

OK so PussyDids' thread calling for processional suggestions got me thinking:  (no offence intended PD, and Bushel and a Peck is very cute!)

Hit me with your Top 5 songs NOT to play at a wedding!

I'll start:

1.  "Maybe This Time"  (for those who don't know the words,  "maybe this time, I'll be lucky, may this time he'll stay.."

2.  It Shoulda been Me!

3.  Two out of 3 ain't bad

4.  On my own

5. Papa don't Preach

#2 Leggy

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room) by Flight of the Conchords.

"And when you're on the street, depending on the street, I bet you are, definitely in the top 3, good-looking girls on the street, yeah, depending on the street..."

#3 Feral Borgia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

We went to a wedding a couple of years ago and for the bridal "waltz" they had that Dido song "I will go down with this ship, I will put my hand up and surrender..." (Can't think of the song title) ...all I can say is if you are referring to your marriage as a sinking ship at your wedding, well, then, not off to a good start. And yes, they are now divorced ....

#4 Alacritous~Andy

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hit me baby (one more time)
Oops, I did it again
Toxic

Actually, anything by Brittany.  

...although I would recommend avoiding Brittany any time, not just at weddings.  wink.gif

#5 JuliaD

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Highway to Hell - AC/DC (accidentally played at my cousins wedding ceremony when the CD kept skipping!!! - they are actually still together lol)

Grenade - Bruno Mars

Good Riddance (Time of your Life) - Green Day

Irreplaceable - Beyonce

Cry Me a River - JT

#6 CountryFeral

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I always tell anyone who asks that DP and I will be dancing to Pearl Jam's 'Better Man' at our wedding...

Edited by countrymel, 29 October 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#7 cinnabubble

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

With or Without You.

#8 Cranky Old Woman

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

D.I.V.O.R.C.E - Dolly Parton

#9 Flutters

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Gold digger by kanye

#10 Coffeegirl

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Wind beneath my wings.     Just shouldn't be played EVER!

Love will tear us apart - Joy Division

Hallelujah by Leonard Cohan (or any versions of).  Do people actually listen to lyrics anymore?

#11 cinnabubble

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Every Step You Take.

#12 SophieBear

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Bitter sweet symphony. Heard it so many times at different weddings. The words are depressing.

#13 FeralBob!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Nine Inch Nails - Closer to God (I wanna f*ck you like an animal, I wanna feel you from the inside)

Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch (You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals, so lets do it like they do on the Discovery Channel)

Meatloaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)

#14 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 29/10/2012, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We went to a wedding a couple of years ago and for the bridal "waltz" they had that Dido song "I will go down with this ship, I will put my hand up and surrender..." (Can't think of the song title) ...all I can say is if you are referring to your marriage as a sinking ship at your wedding, well, then, not off to a good start. And yes, they are now divorced ....

It's actually, I WILL go down with this ship, I WONT put my hands up and surrender, there will be no white flag above my door, I'm in love and always will be.

It's a beautiful song - suggesting that you will never give up on love.

eta - it is WILL go down with this ship as in I am with you til the end.

Edited by Mummyone1, 29 October 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#15 Feral Borgia

QUOTE (MrsBobolina @ 29/10/2012, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meatloaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)

Ok I'm going to out myself as a complete idiot here (wouldn't be the first time...) but what exactly is it that he wouldnt do...?

#16 andyk

Somebody that I used to know - Gotye

I could never take the place of your man - Prince

Edited by andyk, 29 October 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#17 Feral Borgia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Mummyone1 @ 29/10/2012, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's actually, I WONT go down with this ship, I WONT put my hands up and surrender, there will be no white flag above my door, I'm in love and always will be.

It's a beautiful song - suggesting that you will never give up on love.

It is a nice song...I just can't get past the sinking ship metaphor .....

#18 StarandMoon

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

"Achey Breaky Heart" - and yes, it's been done!

Not sure if it's the song or the mullet I object to though, now I think about it.  unsure.gif

#19 FeralBob!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Lucretia, I have no fecking idea roll2.gif My main thought in suggesting that would be that in any wedding party there would inevitably be at least one sleazy uncle/friend/whatever doing a Beavis & Butthead "heh, heh, whatdya think it is that he won't do, heh, heh" laughing2.gif

#20 OneProudMum

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

I awkwardly chose Barbie Girl by AQUA and dedicated it to the flower girl (my cousins daughter) thinking she would love to dance to it. Little did I know the lyrics are complete filth and not remotely child appropriate.

#21 somila

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

I Will Always Love You.

Edited to add capitals.  It looked weird as a sentence!

Edited by somila, 29 October 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#22 FeralsCommonSense

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

My husband Dj'd at a wedding that had 'It Must have been Love' by Roxette as the first dance..

Anything by Michael Bolton.

#23 RainRain

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha....that's one the bridesmaids should not go and dance to...lol.

I believe Meatloaf was saying he wouldn't end up "screwing around"....

#24 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

heheh DFs and my "song" is Not Fair by Lily Allen... not really appropriate wedding music!

Actually I really wanted Halo by Beyonce and when you read the lyrics they aren't inappropriate, but everyone thinks it's a sad song.

#25 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard? hehehehe

DF won't let me have Jimmy Soul's If you wanna be happy. He said it implies that I am ugly. On the plus side he thinks I'll make him happy for the rest of his life heheheh

Edited by PussyDids, 29 October 2012 - 07:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.