IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #15

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#26 minidiamond

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Hi everyone
This is liltuss with a new name !
Just popping in here to wish you all a happy new year and a 2013 that brings new hope and fulfillment of your dreams.

Countrymel best of luck and good on you for getting back in the groove.

Libra I hope you are safe and well with the fires

All the best guys....

#27 mitchp

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hey all, long time no write. It sounds like unfortunately you're all still doing it hard. Best wishes for 2013, it's our year - 13 is my fave number so I hope it's lucky for all the long haulers.

Not much happening in our world, have been having FETs with no luck so far, of course. Having month of January off as a break and to regroup. Today is 5th anniversary of our first loss, can't believe what we could have had - a cheeky little 5 year old by now but cest la vie!

Anywho, just wanted to let you all know that even tho I'm not on here much anymore, you're always in my thoughts.

Love xx

#28 sunshinechick

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

ok ladies, im about to have attempt number 4! am taking folic acid 5mgs and this is (hopefully) going to be the transfer of a 5 day embryo (the last 3 were day 2). And the FS did  a flush of my uterus last cycle - anyone tried that before?
its weird that this week i have begun to feel that being a single child family might not just be the end of my world after all if this all doesnt work......but my heart still breaks every time i see a beautiful pregant belly.  please... it has to be our turn next?  
wish us luck!

#29 Guest_LILLIANA1_*

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi Sunshinechick. Just letting you know there are a bunch of other buddy groups here, including one for "Mums doing AC": http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...hp?showforum=38 . That is where I'll be posting if we go back to try to have a second child through IVF, out of consideration for the women in this BG, who are struggling to have their first biological child.

#30 Forum Moderator

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Just a friendly reminder, as LILLIANA1 mentioned this is a buddy group for people TTC their first child. So it would be greatly appreciated if people kept that in mind when posting in this group. Whilst all EB buddy groups are open to everyone, I think it should be kept in mind which group is most relevant to your circumstances.
I recently posted providing some clarification around Primary and Secondary Infertility, the thread can be found here.
Thank you,
~Mintie~

#31 sunshinechick

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Sorry everyone, will head over.....

#32 halby

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hey all, long time no post but I have done a recent update and to find that I feel like I do not belong here is quite horrible. I was part of the tough nuts group and then came to long haulers as just because I now have a DD after 3 years and nine months and 14 transfers trying to conceive DD and I have lost count but about 8 or so transfers, a miscarriage while trying for another I think being a long hauler definately fits my catogory. So many rules with everything we do these days, and going back a long time there was a lot more people on these boards than there are now, maybe thats the reason. I really do try to be sensative to everyone on here as I know what it is like to keep plugging away at it. Anyhoo, I hope that you all had a fab chrissy and new year and maybe will just continue to lurk.

Edited by halby, 19 January 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#33 librablonde

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Aww, I'm going to miss you Halby!! I wonder if that means I don't belong here either: I'm over 40 and have step-kids and foster kids so does that mean I don't qualify either as a Long Hauler??? sad.gif  Despite being a Mum to my kids, I still feel like a Long Hauler since I'm still trying to conceive #1. Yes, it's been quiet in here for a while. I kept running out of steam with IVF and am currently in the process of losing a heap of weight (again) and gearing up for my final IVF attempts this year. So I really haven't had much to say here, just been plodding along and pulling myself together but lurking nonetheless.

Mitchp- fingers crossed that 2013 is the year for you guys. I really liked Magenta's quote in her post a while back: "It will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, then it is not the end".

Minidiamond- Liltuss, you keep changing names! I've been following you every now and then in other threads and it's good to see you're doing well. I hope the summer heat is being kind to you and your DS original.gif

Countrymel-so your appointment is Feb 5th, good for you booking it and forging ahead original.gif

DTR- how are you, hun?

Magenta- thanks for that lovely post. It brought a tear to my eye and I mulled over that quote for ages. I was so down at the time that you posted it though that I kept meaning to respond but didn't ddown.gif  I just wanted to let you know I really appreciated it. xoxo

C'mon Long Haulers, we can do this!! 2013 is our year and we can climb this mountain and win. I'm a big Elvis fan and lately I've been listening to the song below and bellowing it out when I'm alone. Yep, pretty sad, hey? I can relate to the chorus, though, and it resonates with me on this seemingly endless IVF journey. Not sure why I listen to it so often considering it's not a very positive song LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoH367Dg4YY
And when I'm feeling better I sing this one like a poor deranged soul:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPGd2kqvziQ
grin.gif
Maybe we should create a Long Hauler's playlist??????

#34 HRH Countrymel

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hello friends!

Reporting on my FS visit.

After negotiating the roadworks, the re-sealing works, the 'wide loads' (How many different types of harvesting machines can one highway carry?) the verge trimmers and a delightful period trapped behind a cattle truck  (think I might have exhausted my window squirties...there was a lot of stinkiness spraying over my windscreen!)
I arrived at the FS temporary clinic, had a wee chat (he very kindly went "Goodness you are 41! You don't look 41!  But the good news is that your embryos are only 39!")

I am now booked in for a date with dildo cam on Valentine's Day (will it give me flowers I wonder?)!

And a FET soon after depending on how DC (dildo cam) and my date goes off!

Right!  Time to start moving some cash around!  I don't have a credit card so I need to be able to have the readies in my bank account on the day.... *looks around room with scanning sensor set... what to sell, what to sell?*

Back in the game ladies! I'm back in the game!

* Libra here are three of my 'big cry' songs, they always sneak up on me and hit me with a slap in the infertile face

Deeper Water

That's my daughter

These are the days

Edited by countrymel, 05 February 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#35 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Seems a bit stalkerish - but I wanted to see how you went today Countrymel - and welcome back onto the roller coaster ride original.gif

ETA: I'm about to start again, but waiting for AF.

Edited by Bwok~Bwok, 05 February 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#36 librablonde

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Countrymel, it's great to hear you're back in the game. I chuckled when I read about you looking at what to sell, I've felt the same way. I am an expert money shuffler now, transferring money around between accounts, robbing Peter to pay Paul, that kind of thing to get IVF paid. 39 year old eggs- that's really good news. How many embies do you have on ice? I have one very tiny 2-cell embie left from my 39 year old self. If that doesn't stick I'll do one more EPU this year and then I'm done and dusted.

Bwok-Bwok- are you going to do another EPU or FET soon?

Mitchp- are you starting putting the wheels in motion again for this year? I hope you both are going well.

Dreamstoreality- I've been thinking of you and hoping your new year has been more kind to you.

AFM- geeez, when I think back to when I first went and saw Dr Fancyshirt I was a sprightly 36 years old and he gave me a breezy wave of his hand "Oh, you've got tons of time!!". Hmmm, not so much now..... Ah well, what's done is done and I just have to keep looking onwards and upwards. I'm feeling brilliant on my juice fast and have lost weight, my skin looks great and I'm going to a wedding on 16th Feb- an unheard-of event for me to be able to go to a grown-up event without kids and DP and I are staying in a romantic B&B for the night. O.M.G!!!!! I'm so excited that I'm about to burst. On Monday I made a day-trip to my closest city and spent hundreds on new clothes: a new bra (my one and only previous one was grey, stretched out and lost the underwire about a year ago.... not good for an E cup....) and bought shoes and clothes to look fab at this wedding. I never spend money on myself so this was an exceptional day of fun. I'm aiming for March to do my FET and am looking forward to getting back on track with IVF.

Countrymel- I loved your playlist original.gif "Daughter" made me blink back tears.

A big hi to Halby, Spock, Minidiamond and all our past and present lovely ladies  bbighug.gif

Edited by librablonde, 06 February 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#37 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

LB it will be a stim cycle when AF arrives as I have no embies left. original.gif

#38 HRH Countrymel

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I got my new consent forms and a show bag full of ovulation tests in the mail today.... oh my this is feeling real!

#39 librablonde

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hi ladies,

Countrymel- so your FET will be sometime this week or early next? Exciting times, honeybun!! I don't think I've ever hoped so hard for someone other than me to be pregnant  biggrin.gif  I know lots of EB'ers will be cheering you on and keeping everything crossed. Have fun with your DC "date" on the 14th  wink.gif

Bwok-Bwok- have you started stimming yet? After all you've been through recently I think you're really brave to just dive back in to IVF. I wish I'd been that gutsy.  

Mitchp and Dreamstoreality- hi ladies  waves.gif

AFM- well, I've counted forward on my calendar and it looks like my FET will be somewhere around 18-25th March. I tried calling my clinic today and it said the clinic was closed. WTH?? I need to get my ovulation tester kits and start counting down. I'm actually feeling a bit excited now.....  2013 is going to be the year, dammit!!!!

#40 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Country Mel/Librablonde - what are the ovulation tester kits? With my FET it was a Clomid FET and I had BT's.

AFM: Picked up the drugs on Saturday and just waiting on AF to arrive - have no idea when that will be. But if it hasn't arrived my Monday next week, I'll go in for BT's to see where I'm at.

#41 minidiamond

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hi ladies
Minidiamond (aka liltuss) checking in again to say hi, good luck & good to see a bit of movement at the LH station !

Countrymel best of luck for your Val's day date, hopefully Madame Uterus is ready willing & able for your FET !

Libra, great to hear you positive, and yes 2013 IS your year hun.

bwok, I have had both versions of ovulation tracking; one clinic gave me kits (much like the chemist kit measuring your levels), the other clinic had me in for BTs every second day or so, close to 'normal' ovulation

Hi spock, mitch, dtr & anyone else who's here.

I don't want to be a downer but on the song theme, but mine was always Baby Mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWq9DhR1As I was 'lucky' enough to be in a private performance of Debra Byrne singing it,  a day after I got a BFN call from the clinic. In front of work mates, I fkn balled my eyes out.  Also if you know anything about Debra Byrne's story, it has even more significance.

But I now hear it in a much more positive way (altho I get teary) so I hope all the sad songs can become happy ones for the long haulers.xxxx

Edited by minidiamond, 12 February 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#42 librablonde

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Good luck today Countrymel original.gif
Minidiamond it's so good to hear from you. I loved that song, gave me a lump in my throat.
Bwok-Bwok- my clinic posts me ovulation testers (same as POAS HPT testers) and then when you see your LH surge with the tester you get a BT to confirm your LH is high enough. It's a easy way of doing it on an unmedicated FET. Have you started your med's yet?

xoxo

#43 HRH Countrymel

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hello all!

I just got back from my 'date' - there was a second L plate Dr there today so I got two for the price of one!  I actually like it when there is a learner with him as he explains everything really clearly.

I especially liked when he said that my ovaries looked 'busy' and he would be happy to see that on a thirty year old! (I'm 41)

I had an 18mm follicle and he told me I could start testing today.... got home, just did a test and I think this is it!  

The test line looks pretty much the same colour as the other one!  Am now waiting for the nurses to call me back.

The 500g of antioxidant rich blueberries I splurged on ($9.50 Bargain!) from the roadside stall on the way home may be too late!

Ring damn you... Ring!

* they rang!

Bloods tomorrow morning!

Edited by countrymel, 14 February 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#44 librablonde

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Whoo hoo! Go Countrymel! You could be PUPO by Monday original.gif Are your embies Day 2 or 3? And how many do you have left on ice?
Exciting times, exciting times biggrin.gif
xoxox

#45 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Well done CountryMel! original.gif

Librablonde - nope AF still hasn't arrived.

in regards to songs - I have alot, but the corny one is Somewhere Over the Rainbow

And recently whenever I'm stimming and feeling a bit down with it all - I usually crank this up in the car.

Michael Buble - Haven't Met You Yet

I'm not surprised.
Not everything lasts.
I've broken my heart so many times I stopped keeping track.
Talk myself in.
I talk myself out.
I get all worked up, then I let myself down.

I tried so very hard not to lose it.
I came up with a million excuses.
I thought I thought of every possibility.

And I know someday that it'll all turn out.
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out.
And promise you, kid, that I'll give so much more than I get.
I just haven't met you yet.

Mmmm...

I might have to wait.
I'll never give up.
I guess it's half timing,
And the other half's luck.
Wherever you are.
Whenever it's right.
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life.

And I know that we can be so amazing.
And baby your love is gonna change me.
And now I can see every possibility.

Mmmm...

But somehow I know that it'll all turn out.
And you'll make me work so we can work to work it out.
And I promise you, kid, I'll give so much more than I get.

They say all's fair.
In love and war.
But I won't need to fight it.
We'll get it right and,
We'll be united.

And I know that we can be so amazing.
And being in your life is gonna change me.
And now I can see every single possibility, mmmm.

And someday I know it'll all turn out.
And I'll work to work it out.
Promise you, kid, I'll give more than I get,
Than I get, than I get, than I get.

Ohhh!

You know it'll all turn out.
And you'll make me work so we can work to work it out.
And I promise you, kid, to give so much more than I get.

Ohh, promise you, kid, to give so much than I get.

(I said love, love, love, love...)
I just haven't met you yet

#46 librablonde

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

I love that song Bwok-Bwok! And I just love Michael Buble, I have one of his albums original.gif

#47 HRH Countrymel

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Oooops!

I was too early.

Have to go again tomorrow morning and re-do the bloods, now I am fretting that I am going to use up my only referral form left and I'll need to do them AGAIN on Sunday and the clinic will be shut and won't be able to ring them in.

Of course a further spanner has been thrown into the works with a beloved friend passing away and her memorial service being held on Wednesday - my clinic have said that transfer will more than likely be Wednesday (the service) or Monday (where I have to do a huge presentation at work...)

New boss will be furious if I miss Monday, I will feel utterly terrible if I miss Wednesday, Tuesday will still cause chaos at work but will also mean my FS won't be able to do the transfer his fumble fingered associate will...

(I am sure he dropped my embryo the time he did it before... I heard an "Oh dear!" and a chorus of sharp intakes of breath at the time..)

Breathe deeply.... play your ukelele... remember it's all out of your hands....

#48 librablonde

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (countrymel @ 15/02/2013, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course a further spanner has been thrown into the works with a beloved friend passing away and her memorial service being held on Wednesday - my clinic have said that transfer will more than likely be Wednesday (the service) or Monday (where I have to do a huge presentation at work...)

New boss will be furious if I miss Monday, I will feel utterly terrible if I miss Wednesday, Tuesday will still cause chaos at work but will also mean my FS won't be able to do the transfer his fumble fingered associate will...

Countrymel, there's so many potential dramas in that 3-day window that the FET is bound to work! It's Murphy's Law!

#49 librablonde

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

So Countrymel, what's the go?? Are you PUPO yet? If not yet, then I hope all is going well and IVF isn't sending you around the bend!

#50 HRH Countrymel

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

10.40am tomorrow!

Am just packing up ready to drive down tonight..

10.40 ok?  I want all fingers crossed and positive thoughts headed my way please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.