IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #15

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#51 librablonde

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

'k, sending you preggie vibes, Countrymel. Rock that embie, baby!

A dear friend of mine is from Japan and when I was IVFing with Gabe she made me a candle with Japanese writing that she painted that said "Pray/ Baby/ Hope" and she asked me to meditate with the lit candle each night. I still have that candle in my bathroom so will light it for you over the coming 2WW and hopefully send BFP vibes your way  bbighug.gif

PS- I'm so sorry about you having to miss your friend's memorial service. Maybe you could do something in your friend's honor after you leave the clinic and before your big trek home again?

10.40am peoples!!! It's time for EB'ers to use their powers for good instead of evil and send positive vibes to Countrymel!!!!

Edited by librablonde, 19 February 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#52 Milano

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hi all,

Hope it's ok if I join here? As you can see from my sig I think I qualify?

I feel like I'm getting to the end of my IVF journey and this may well be my last shot. I'm scheduled for EPU this Saturday. I only have 3 follies which is a bit disappointing but I've had cycles before that only produced 1 so I can't complain.

I'll go through and catch up on everyone now.

Hope today went well for you countrymel!

Milano xx

#53 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

GL today CountryMel! original.gif

Milano - I have everything crossed for you!

#54 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Best wishes for Countrymel.  We love you (in a totally non-stalky way).

Milano I am a grad of this group, hope your cycle goes well.

Edited by meggs1, 20 February 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#55 HRH Countrymel

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

Hi everybody!  Welcome Milano!

Transfer is all done.  My embie looked very attractive (even the nurse said so) with lots of divisions - obviously taking after DP as I am terrible at maths.

Thank you all for your good vibery - and Libra, you made me cry when you said you'd light Gabe's lucky candle for me...that is just the nicest thing!

I felt a bit like the fates were colliding - When I hopped in the car afterward I realised it was the moment my friend's service started (which DP said was absolutely beautiful... her gorgeous twin brother not only spoke but sang a song - the brave, brave man).

I scooted around the city doing 'big city things' while I was there and managed to get a parking spot outside everything I needed to visit!
I even got every green light and then went and visited my Dad who was in tip top form.

When I was giving him a big cuddle before I left he whispered "You make me so happy, you make me so happy.."

I got home and my duo boots had arrived!  AND I sold my old car!

You have to be happy with a day like that.

#56 librablonde

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Welcome Milano to the Long Haulers original.gif Looking at your sig and IVF history blew my mind a bit, you've certainly walked the hard road sad.gif Well, the Long Haulers are a quiet but tough little gang so here's hoping that this weekend's EPU is The One and we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Countrymel- what a fortuitous day you had yesterday. It sounds like the stars aligned for you and that can only be a good sign. When the Parking Fairy gives you a break it's a good day original.gif  Yesterday I lit Gabe's candle and sat in the bathroom with it and reflected on Gabe and sent you the my strongest BFP vibes. Meanwhile I had 3 kids beating on the door screeching and yelling " M-U-M!!!....... XXX hit me!!!...... I wanna watch AstroBoy!!......" and so on and so on.... it kind of broke my concentration as few times  rolleyes.gif  Today should be a quieter day here so will continue to light the candle again today.

A big hi to all our other Long Hauler's past and present.
Hi Meggs, long time no see  waves.gif

I'm off to make yet more plum jam. My plum trees have produced a bajillion plums and I'm overwhelmed by them right now. Yesterday I bottled a heap,  the day before did more batches of plum jam. Today I might make some more plum chutney..... Jeeez, and all the other fruit trees haven't even started cropping yet  oomg2.gif

Lots of love and luck to us all  xoxoxox

#57 dreamstoreality

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive and losing weight (agian)!

I'm now doing the Michelle Bridges 12wbt and so far (since Monday 11 Feb) I've lost 5.6kg! Go you good thing!

I have energy I've not left for years!

By way of update, we are planning on doing another cycle after our holiday in April (P&O Cruise to New Caledonia)! Yay! and then if that doesn't work doing another, and if that doesn't work that is when my beautiful sister will lend us a hand with her eggs.  She's done the tests and of course, she's awesome. Typical! Which is great news, but I want to be awesome too god damn it!  But hopefully we won't need her, but time will tell!

How are you going CountryMel? Hope everyone else is well and hi to all the new long haulers as well. 2013 is the year we are going to rock!

#58 librablonde

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

DTR- good to hear you're still hanging in there, I was wondering how you were original.gif A cruise would be just brilliant, I'd love to go on one someday.  What a wonderful sister you have to offer her help like that. And well done on the weight loss, you're on fire with 2013, girl!

#59 Milano

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for the lovely welcome ladies, it means a lot.

Glad your transfer went well countrymel, you sound like you are in a positive place so that is a good start.

dreamstoreality - congrats on the weight loss. That is a great effort in such a short time frame. I'm jealous as I could do with losing 5kg!!

AFM, I am feeling a little disheartened today. I had another ultrasound and bloodtest this morning. I now have 4 follicles, 17, 16, 14 and 12mm. The first nurse I spoke to said to keep stimming and EPU would be Monday. That would be cycle day 19 which worried me.

Then I spoke to my FS nurse this afternoon and she said we shouldn't wait until Monday as that is too late and we can either go in for EPU on Saturday or cancel as we might only get one or two mature eggs  sad.gif

There is no way I am cancelling after 2 weeks of injecting myself daily!!!!!!! I will just have to take that risk and see what happens.

I am also have some light twinges in my right ovary. I am praying that does NOT mean ovulation as I've ovulated early before an EPU. That would be a disaster and another wasted cycle. Arrrggghhhh, sometimes this IVF stuff is just crap.

To top it off, I have to have my trigger at 1.30am tonight/tomorrow morning! Just what I need after getting up at 6am for this mornings scan. I am tired and grumpy. Boo to me.

Sorry for the downer. I hope everyone else is having a better day than me.

Milano xx

#60 librablonde

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Milano @ 21/02/2013, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no way I am cancelling after 2 weeks of injecting myself daily!!!!!!! I will just have to take that risk and see what happens.

I am also have some light twinges in my right ovary. I am praying that does NOT mean ovulation as I've ovulated early before an EPU. That would be a disaster and another wasted cycle. Arrrggghhhh, sometimes this IVF stuff is just crap.

Hi Milano.
I'm sorry it all is a bit crappy right now sad.gif Yep, IVF is no fun. I had a canx cycle 2 days before my scheduled EPU and I was so gutted. My FS kept thinking my follies would spring into action and it just didn't happen. I also had to pay for the canx cycle so was doubly unhappy. I would ask about getting a BT tomorrow regarding your Ov as this also happened to me: I accidentally triggered a few hours early and it meant my EPU time also had to be changed. However, they couldn't do it early enough (first EPU for the day was 7am and they moved me to 7am) and I had a gush of blood at 6am for my ovulation. When my FS started my EPU at 7am he could see that one of my eggs had already started down my fallopian's and could not be retrieved. I'm not saying any of this to scare or upset you, I just hope you can get a BT tomorrow to confirm where you are at in your cycle and hopefully offset your fears. Bloody IVF just isn't an exact science no matter what the FS's say  mad.gif I really hope it all works out ok. However, after so many IVF cycles only you know your body the best and if you feel something's not right then I hope you can find someone at your clinic who will listen and take action for you. Big hugs to you  hhugs.gif

#61 HRH Countrymel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

Oh Milano what a stress...

Fingers crossed for you, I bloody hate all the timing malarky - I am a dreadful time keeper in the rest of my life and always freak out that the clinic/me have got it wrong.

Here's hoping they catch the perfect ovum for you.

#62 Milano

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hi all,

Feeling a bit more positive now. Had my EPU this afternoon and got 4 eggs so I'm happy with that. Let's just hope the quality is ok. Won't find out if they fertilize until Monday. Fingers crossed.

Not sure why my nurse suggested canceling with today's result. Maybe she was concerned about the quality. I hope I prove her wrong!

Have a nice weekend ladies.

Milano xx

#63 librablonde

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

YAY MILANO!!!
I'm so happy for you, getting 4 eggs is a solid result. So what day will they be transferred- day 3?? Or are you going for blasts? My clinic commonly does day 2 or day 3 embryo transfers. I think the waiting and stress of going to day 5/6 would kill me  LOL biggrin.gif
I hope you get to relax a bit today and aren't too sore. Is it a day for dvds and ice-cream?????
Good luck, hun   bbighug.gif

#64 Milano

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Morning ladies, hope you all had a nice weekend.

I just had the call with my results and 3 of the 4 have fertilised! I am very pleased with that. Looks like they will do a 3 day transfer which is tomorrow. They will call me later with a time.

Wow, still can't believe my nurse even suggested cancelling this cycle.

Librablonde - thanks for the well wishes. I did have a relaxing day yesterday and feeling pretty good after my EPU. You are right, if I had to wait to day 5 I'd be a nervous wreck.

Milano xx

#65 dreamstoreality

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Milano - yay!!!

Absolutely awesome result! I'm so happy for you and wish you all the very best for your transfer tomorrow! I hope they all continue to grow and grow for you!

Wishing you all the very best!

Libra - how are you?

#66 librablonde

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hi ladies,

Milano- that's a great result, sounds like those embies are tracking along nicely. Good luck with your transfer tomorrow, all the Long Hauler's hear will be cheering you on in your 2WW.

DTR- how are you?? I'm doing well, still losing weight and keeping busy. I called the clinic and need to get my IVF referral done again and a new BT before my FET in March. They only want a BT for HIV/Hep and Chickenpox. I asked a number of times (and almost demanded) that surely after all this time I needed a complete hormone BT check as well but my FS disagreed which I was a bit cheesed off about. I even said "But I'm such an old chook! Surely I need my levels checked. Especially since I know for sure that I don't have HIV/Hep or chickenpox!!" He still said no  mad.gif Unnecessary needles make me cranky!

Countrymel-going out of your mind yet? Or are you blithely ignoring the whole 2WW drama? Keep on keeping on, hun xox

After making about 30 large bottles of preserved plums, many more plum jams, plum chutney and my cupboard shelves groaning under the weight of newly filled jars stacked high, I'm sorting through the last box full of plums to take the ones that are still in good condition to my friend today so she can make them into jam for her family. I'm done with plums!

#67 HRH Countrymel

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yay Milano!

And yes Libra I am going slightly mad now... I was feeling really 'up' for the first few days but seem to have lost the excited hopeful edge now.

I think that is what I hate the most about this whole thing - losing the innocent excitement.

Testing is on the 5th but AF is due on the 2nd...

DP offered to make me a 'big gin and tonic' the other night because I looked 'a bit stressed' and I gently suggested that "That probably isn't a good idea is it darling..?" he was suitably embarrassed!

The problem being however that I would commit regicide for a bloody G&T right about now!

I found out a friend went into labour the same morning of my transfer (also 41 - natural conception baby #1!) so I'm hoping that is a good omen too.

Hey Libra where did you get your plums?  I'm looking out for black ones!  Thought I'd make some brown sauce to keep myself busy!

Off to be mad elsewhere...

X X
-------g

#68 librablonde

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hi Countrymel,

I have 2 mature plum trees: a Satsuma ("blood plum") tree and another one with dark purple skin and yellow flesh (a very sweet variety). The Satsuma has just finished fruiting now and those are the final remaining plums I gave away today after having made so many jars of stuff from it, and the yellow fleshed plum fruited about a month ago and was very sweet plums for eating and I made some epic jams and sauces. All up I had about 10-12 large boxes of plums. I'm all plumed out!! So in answer to your question, I didn't buy the plums, but I do love the fruit shop in the Woolies complex b/c they often have boxes of saucing/jam fruit going cheap. I've bought a few large boxes of their field tomato's for bottling pasta sauce and they've been great.

Ok, back to IVF !

Perhaps 1 medicinal red wine might be ok to take the edge off??? It'll help keep your blood moving nicely at least?

#69 Milano

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hi ladies and thank you for the good wishes,

countrymel, I have my fingers crossed for you. Not too much longer now.

librablonde, I had to have another bloodtest done recently too as my results were out of date. I was also wondering if I should have my AMH checked again but they weren't concerned.

Hi DTR, hope you are well.

AFM, transfer went well this morning. It was a nice looking 8 cell day 3 embryo. They will freeze they other 2 today (another 8 cell and a 7.5 cell). They gave me the option of freezing them today or waiting until day 5. I've heard that they have a better chance inside their natural environment as early as possible so opted for freezing them today but really, what do I know?! I'm surprised I was given a choice.

I'm pretty pleased that I have 2 in the freezer as back-ups. Hopefully, I won't need them.  original.gif

Bloodtest is scheduled for 12/3 which seems like ages away.

Now to tackle the 2WW.

Milano xxx

#70 HRH Countrymel

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Yay again Milano!  It's good to have a 'secret stash' isn't it?

I am officially going nutsy looley now...

I just found myself thinking "Hmmm, I'm peeing more than normal - maybe it's an EPS?" choosing to ignore the fact that I had drunk two extra cups of herbal tea at work today AND the weather has turned cold all of a sudden.

Last night I found myself pondering "Hmmmm, my nipples feel sore - maybe it's an EPS?" ignoring the fact that I'd got silver dust in my bra (yes an odd workplace danger if you are a jeweller) and the poor little fellows had probably been abraded within an inch of their lives!

I am also scrutinising my underpants as if they are the Dead Sea Scrolls searching for some kind of (what?) deeply illuminating information from my CM???????

Please someone come over and slap me!

#71 librablonde

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Countrymel- that was so funny that I read it out loud to DP and we both cacked biggrin.gif Our kids who were wandering around listening just looked confused  huh.gif

#72 HRH Countrymel

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Starting to feel that familiar achey belly feeling.

Levels of hopefulness waning...

#73 librablonde

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

OH NO, COUNTRYMEL!!!!
NO no no no!!!!
When I was pg it felt like AF was coming for weeks but it didn't happen. Here's hoping that's what happening to you, hun.
**Off to light candle again**

#74 HRH Countrymel

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Thanks Libra!

Nothing has happened yet - fingers are still firmly crossed.

In fact DP rubbed my tummy so hard and for so long this morning (for luck) that I feared I was going to burst into flames...

Edited by countrymel, 28 February 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#75 HRH Countrymel

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Still going crazy here!

And sending a big kiss to Mintie who removed a rather unpleasant post from a rather unpleasant man - our little buddy group remains unsullied as it should be!

Well apart from Libra who has left sticky plum sauce hand prints all over the place...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.