Size of your nearly 4 year old?
Height and Weight

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 lafonda

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Curious about the size of your nearly 4 year old?

DS will be 4 in a month and is

Around 110cm for height
28kg for weight

And size 1 or 2 shoe

#2 CupOfCoffee

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

My daughter (4 in feb) is about 20kg and size 10 - 11 shoe (not sure of her height) and we thought she was big...  laugh.gif

Your son is going to be a tall boy.

Edit: I measured her and she is 108cm tall

Edited by CupOfCoffee, 04 November 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#3 tibs

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

My DS is 105 cm tall and 17.5 kgs.

#4 kadoodle

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

DD2 is 100cm and 14kg, with size 8 feet.  She turned 4 last month.

#5 lafonda

At the start of the year he was a chunky monkey, he has grown 17cm since march, so he's not looking as chunky anymore but is still a big boy  laughing2.gif

#6 Bella_a1

My DS is 4 and a half he is 113cm, 20kg and size 11 shoe

#7 liveworkplay

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

At 4 yrs, DD1 was 107cm and 18kg and DD2 was 110cm and 20kg (DD3 is 3.5 and 17kg and 100cm) Now at 8 and 6 they are 140cm, 32kg and 135cm and 35kg. they have always been far bigger then their peers, especially DD2.

#8 Jekaho

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

My son will be 4 on Christmas Eve.

I haven't measured him since mid-September but he was 101cm and 15.5kg then. He weighed himself last week and he was still 15.5kg.

He is in size 7 or 8 in shoes.

#9 imamumto3

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

my just 4yo dd  is 110cm and 16.5kg.  she looks and acts a lot older than she is, people are shocked when I tell them she  has only just  turned 4

#10 lafonda

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

We just got his preschool uniform for next year - (year before FYOS) and it is a size 8 sad.gif

#11 I*Love*Christmas

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

My DS just turned 4 last month

He is 105cm, 17.5kg and a size 8 shoe

#12 lafonda

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (imamumto3 @ 03/11/2012, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my just 4yo dd  is 110cm and 16.5kg.  she looks and acts a lot older than she is, people are shocked when I tell them she  has only just  turned 4

I have this problem too. People have thought he should be off to school for well over a year now.

#13 liveworkplay

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

We just got his preschool uniform for next year - (year before FYOS) and it is a size 8

Yep. DD1 is going into a size 12 in Year 2 and DD1 in fyos is in a size 10. My big problem is length. DD2 is forever showing her middrift and I (and she) hates it. DD1 has the problem of forever showing her ankles laughing2.gif

#14 ~strawberry~

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

DS has just turned 4 and is 102cm and 14kg. New shoes this week were a 9 1/2 I think..

#15 lafonda

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Everyone's 4 year old's are so light original.gif

#16 OneProudMum

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Gosh. My own DD is 14 months and weighing in at 15 kgs. ohmy.gif

#17 Monroe

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

DD1 is 4 next week & she weighs 15kgs, her height is 99cms& shoe size is a 6-7.

#18 B.feral3

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

I'm not sure of my sons height but he is 13.5kg. He turns 4 on the 8th of next month.

#19 KnightsofNi

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

DD is  4 1/2 and weighs about 15kg, is about 105cm tall and has size 10 shoes.

We just got his preschool uniform for next year - (year before FYOS) and it is a size 8

We bought DD's uniform dress for school next year, we bought the smallest size they make and it goes down to her ankles and is about twice as wide as she is. It is very funny. Her sports uniform shorts go to her mid calf to.

I think she must be due a growth spurt. She hasn't grown much in the last 18 months.

#20 no spring chicken

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

I love these threads. The children get progressively bigger and bigger.
" Oh yeah, well my son's 6 and drives HIMSELF to school..." biggrin.gif

#21 WYSIWYG

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

DD1 is 4.5 and weighs around 16kg. I am not sure of her heiht, but she is quite tall. Size 9 - 10 shoes (big feet, takes after DF)

#22 winkywonkeydonkey

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Edited by winkywonkeydonkey, 03 November 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#23 liveworkplay

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

" Oh yeah, well my son's 6 and drives HIMSELF to school..."

Although I know you are meaning to be funny, its actually not funny having a larger then average child. They are expected to act older as they look older. I have a typical 6 year old who has typical 6 year old behavior including tears, tantrums and the like but because she is bigger then most of her older sister's friends, she is looked down upon and told she is "naughty". This has been the case her whole life. As a 24 hour old newborn I had a stranger compare her to a 4 day old petite little thing and call her a "whopper" and act all incredulous at her age as if I was lying. It is not nice as her parent to watch and have to say time and time again, "she is only "X" years old, give her a break"

Edited by liveworkplay, 03 November 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#24 carolyn*3girls

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

My 4 yr old DD is 98cms and weighs 14 kilos.  She is in size 3-4 clothes and size 6 shoes.  Hard finding clothes and shoes for her that arent too babyish lol.  When she starts her FYOS next year, her uniform is huge.  We make light-weights here

#25 PigNewton

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

" Oh yeah, well my son's 6 and drives HIMSELF to school..."

yeah, except the tallest and biggest child is actually the OP's.

DS will be 4 three days before Christmas. He is 107 cms and 20.5 kg. Size 5 clothes because his arms, midriff and legs are just getting too long for size 4, although he has lots of room round the waist.. Size 11 or 12 shoes. MASSIVE head (7 yr old hats)

Given that I was 5'8 (172 cms) by the time I was 12 and DH is 6"1 (181 cms) with brothers that are 6"5 and 6"7. I think we can pretty safely say that DS is going to be a tall man.

ETA
It is not nice as her parent to watch and have to say time and time again, "she is only "X" years old, give her a break"

It's even worse when they have a speech delay which puts them a bit back socially, so not only do they look older, they act younger. Also when they have a tantrum people judge much more because they think DS is more like 5 when in fact he's not even 4. When DS started pre-kindy the kids who were about to go to school would try and talk to him because they thought he was their age, then when DS would try and talk to them, they'd look at me, say "I can't understand him" and walk off. Really didn't help his confidence.
Thank goodness the speech is picking up a bit now original.gif

Edited by redkris, 03 November 2012 - 10:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.