Car stickers that annoy you

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#1 LifesGood

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

**This thread is meant to be fluff, and isn't intended to get anyone into a lather, though no doubt there will always be a few who can't help it**

Which car stickers annoy you the most and why?

There are a lot of contenders but for me I think it is the private school banners that say IMHO "look at which school we can afford to send our children to".

Also right up there are southern cross stickers that will always = racist as far as I'm concerned, ever since the Cronulla riots.

There are a whole lot more, but which are your faves to be annoyed at?

#2 lovealpacas

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

My family. Seriously who cares.

Baby/little dude/little princess on board

#3 SUSIE25

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Rego stickers, because they are expensive  wink.gif

Not a fan of the stick families but I reckon they will go the way of the frangipani,lol.

#4 YellowKittyGlenn

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Frangapani stickers. Every man and his dog have them but what is worse are the people who have not only the stickers but the car seat covers, floor mats, steering wheel cover, sun visor thingy.

Um the my family.Especially dont get the ones where it's a single person with the stickers of animals which is kinda weird lol, I put the making my family stickers in the same thing.

#5 paod

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

The worst one i have ever seen was "fat chicks shoot em don't root em"...classy and I yes I was offended!

#6 AnnBB

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (YellowKittyGlenn @ 04/11/2012, 01:47 PM)
15049934[/url]']
Frangapani stickers. Every man and his dog have them but what is worse are the people who have not only the stickers but the car seat covers, floor mats, steering wheel cover, sun visor thingy.

I hate stickers. Fullstop. The frangipani craze of a few years ago did my head in.

#7 charlottesmum04

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

The ones that say sponsored by centrelink.  Usually but not always featured on 90's model commodores, with hottest up exhausts..

#8 ~chiquita~

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

All car stickers annoy me. I think they look trashy.

#9 *RockTot*

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

A car used to park across the road from us at our old house with a huge SHOW US YOUR TITS sticker right across the front window.

New house has a car that parks out the front with "Boobies make me smile" sticker on the back.

Guess you could say I dont like these types of stickers or anything about how much the owner loves sex....

Edited by *RockTot*, 04 November 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#10 countrymel

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

A tie between "we're full" and "shoot the greens" and they don't annoy me, they make me feel very sad.

Such a wonderful 'positive' sentiment from both....

#11 namie

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

I don't really see the point of stickers at all TBH. Apart from the Rego sticker and the one the mechanic sticks in the top right corner to remind you of the next service.

I don't care how many people are in your family or which football team you support or if you like frangipanis or which school you send your kids to. But it's your car, you like to show this stuff to the world, so display what you want.

I guess the ones that actually annoy me are the ones with words. They end up being a distraction because the font is never big enough to see from a safe driving distance and if you do get close enough while stopped at the lights or whatever, the message is never worth the effort of trying to read it.

#12 BadCat

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

My family stickers.  I think they are naff.

Misogynisitc ones like No Fat Chicks.

Magic Happens.   wacko.gif

My favourite car sticker is the Darwin Fish.  laughing2.gif

#13 ParadiseAlly

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

My family ..

Who cares!!

#14 heatherdv

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

'Australia. If you don't love it leave'

Ignorant, racist, annoying trash sticker

#15 LifesGood

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

All the My Family sticker votes just reminded me that I was driving behind someone the other day with a "F**k Your Family" sticker that had four stick figures hanging from a noose. Tasteful huh?

#16 namie

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

I did see a 'My Zombie Family' set of stickers that made me smile - but I still don't feel compelled to get any

#17 katniss

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (*RockTot* @ 04/11/2012, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A car used to park across the road from us at our old house with a huge SHOW US YOUR TITS sticker right across the front window.

New house has a car that parks out the front with "Boobies make me smile" sticker on the back.

Guess you could say I dont like these types of stickers or anything about how much the owner loves sex....

I've actually seen a tradies ute with his business name plastered across it and all these sexual innuendo stickers on the back.  sick.gif  What a great look for his business!

QUOTE (LifesGood @ 04/11/2012, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the My Family sticker votes just reminded me that I was driving behind someone the other day with a "F**k Your Family" sticker that had four stick figures hanging from a noose. Tasteful huh?

I've also seen "Making my family" with a woman stick figure in "doggy style position" and the male stick figure standing behind her.

#18 ali-song

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

There was a guy down the street with "Nature Raper" plastered across the front of his Hilux. I don't think I was the only one who didn't like that one, as it's since been replaced.

#19 icekool

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

My family stickers. Agree, who cares.

Although our neighbour's son who drives, has a body builder male sticker n a dog. In those instances, it is cute.

#20 LifesGood

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

For the record can I say that I actually like the My Family stickers, I don't have any myself (we don't 'do' car stickers) but I enjoy looking at all the different families people have. Harmless fun.

#21 Le-a

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Years ago I used to see an "I love four tits" sticker on every second ute. Took me a long time to figure out they belonged to dairy farmers. Then I LOLed.

#22 vintage.blue

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

The one that says something like "from zero to b**ch in 1.5 seconds"

#23 Le-a

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Ooh and I can't stand those swirly "princess" stickers, invariably matched with a dashboard full of pink soft toys. Blergh.

#24 nano-tyrannus

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Sea Shepherd.
If you support the notion that 'what goes around, comes around' then those people deserve to have foul smelling butter (butyric acid) thrown on their cars and their tyres slashed (propellers fouled).

Edited by nano-tyrannus, 04 November 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#25 Jenflea

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

i don't mind the My Family stickers. I wouldn't have any, but I don't hate them on other cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.