Where to get Babysitters club books.

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 76 feral others

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

DD watched the babysitters club movie and I starting telling her who all the characters were. She was so amazed that I knew so I told her about the books. I used to LOVE the books.

So anyway, I usually get some books for christmas, and I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get the books from. I have seen 2nd hand ones on ebay, but because it's a Christmas present, I would like new. I have seen some online and I was hoping to maybe get the first 6 but they aren't all there. I remember my first experience with the BSC was a box set of the first 6 books.

So has anyone bought any? Repeat, new. Second hand ones can get collected after she falls in love with them lol.

While I am asking about books, what is a good book or book set for an 11 year old?

#2 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Books 1 - 8 have be re-relased and slightly updated, available on Amazon.

I kept all my original ones, I've got over 100 that I can't want to give to my daughters.

There's also graphic novels of the first few that were published about 5 years ago now I think.

#3 missjoads1234

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

I havent seen them new in the shops anymore. You can buy new off ebay sometimes? There is also a book swap on facebook i think its buy/sell/swap books or something.

For an 11 year old - maybe Sweet Valley Twins?

#4 MeN3Ps!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

OOh I loved these!! Sorry I don't know _ can't help.  sad.gif

#5 ~Nodnol~

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Big W or bookdepository have the new ones.

#6 76 feral others

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Slinky, I had a boxes of my books when I left home and sadly (and stupidly) donated them sad.gif

Missjoads, The 11 year old is a boy (BSC is for DD7) and I doubt he will appreciate Sweet Valley (which I also adored).

#7 missjoads1234

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Missjoads, The 11 year old is a boy (BSC is for DD7) and I doubt he will appreciate Sweet Valley (which I also adored).

Oopsies my apology i didnt see which gender you mentioned. In that case Goosebumps all the way. Awesome books those!

Big W or bookdepository have the new ones.

Ive never seen BSC books at BigW and im sure in all my years of hunting i cant be missing them? Never heard of a bookdepository?

#8 elmo_mum

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

ebay

try

book depository

#9 76 feral others

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Missjoads, no apologies lol. I realised I didn't write boy lol. But funny you should say Goosebumps as I just asked him if he was still into them with a big YES. (sadly goosebumps was also int he books I donated all those sad years ago. ) And I just saw a 4 pack for $20 on the book depository.

Missjoads, the book depository is awesome. Free shipping worldwide.

#10 *Ker*

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

For a boy, how about Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Zac Powers (if that's not too young) or Hardy Boys mysteries.

Ooh and Famous Five and Secret Seven. Both those have box sets at KMart. I loved both of those,

Edited by *Ker*, 05 November 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#11 ~Nodnol~

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Joads- www.bookdepository.co.uk

Free postage.  biggrin.gif

#12 elmo_mum

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

http://www.bookdepository.com/search?searc...p;search=search

its a uk site but has free shipping

very well trusted for book lovers

#13 missjoads1234

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Missjoads, the book depository is awesome. Free shipping worldwide.

Oh cool im so there, off to check it out!

Thanks everyone

#14 76 feral others

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (elmo_mum @ 05/11/2012, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.bookdepository.com/search?searc...p;search=search

its a uk site but has free shipping

very well trusted for book lovers

I had looked there but they are skipping issues, no idea why.

#15 ~Nodnol~

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Just don't blame us for your cc bill.

I kind of dig that they send the books individually too- I have ten coming over the next week or so. It's exciting each day to see what comes.

ETA- I can have a look at Big W tomorrow for you if you want? Which ones do you need?

Edited by ~Nodnol~, 05 November 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#16 76 feral others

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

That would be great Nodnol, I have no BigW near me, so at least I know if it would be worth driving to one. Just any of the first 5 or so. I can only see a few of them.

Does this look too good to be true? I saw a goosebumps 4 pack for $20 on the book depository but this is a 10 pack for $18!!! But it has no picture, and it's making me iffy. I googled the isbn and it is definitely a 10 pack. http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/GOOSEBUMPS...E/9781407135915

#17 ~Nodnol~

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

No worries, I'll let you know.

That pack looks great. BD quite often don't have a cover image so I wouldn't worry about that. If the ISBN checks out you should be right.

#18 76 feral others

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Oh Twilight, I would definitely buy them from you later. Christmas will be brand new ones, but after that I don't care lol. If you had seen the collection I had, I can almost cry thinking about them. I blame DH and his hate of keeping anything stored and how he isn't a reader so also does not get keeping a book you have read once before.

Ordering the 10 pack now of Goosebumps woohoo. I may even read them lol.  Then onto my search for BSC.

Edited by Gloriosa, 05 November 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#19 76 feral others

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (ciellogreys @ 05/11/2012, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool. Well Ive heard about Babysitting clubs, they provide a forum for sitters to share their experiences and learn from one another..

Er....what? Are you meaning the books?

#20 strawberrycakes

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

I had the whole set when I was young but donated them, wish I had kept them now.

I also had The Saddle Club original.gif

#21 76 feral others

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Twilight wow what a generous offer. I don't think I could take them for free.

#22 ~Nodnol~

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (ciellogreys @ 05/11/2012, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool. Well Ive heard about Babysitting clubs, they provide a forum for sitters to share their experiences and learn from one another..

Thanks for sharing that.

I think? unsure.gif

#23 ~Nodnol~

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (~*Twilight~Zone*~ @ 05/11/2012, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- even if it is the Adult reliving their childhood which is what I bet will happen when you find the books your looking for, for your DD laughing2.gif

I did that when I collected the Trixie Belden books for myself my daughter. I'm just happy she hasn't shown an interest in those, they get to remain my precious...

#24 MrsLexiK

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

https://www.scool.scholastic.com.au/store/Jadehttp.dll?Store

I too had all of them, I was part of a scholastic thing where you got 3 or 4 a month. Then I had all the other off shot series the special ones, the diarys etc. loved them. Sold them at a garage sale lol!

The above is the publishers website, I found some of the titles when I searched by author under all products. You could get in touch with them for the stock list. I know when I worked for a distributor we had the books come through every now and again .

#25 76 feral others

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (~*Twilight~Zone*~ @ 05/11/2012, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly it's not a problem. I'm more happy to give them to someone who would enjoy them than just having them sit here collecting dust.

I recently gave away two Coles recycling bags of books to a friend and have not once heard if her DD liked them or not.  TBH I would rather give them to someone who would enjoy them and read them - even if it is the Adult reliving their childhood which is what I bet will happen when you find the books your looking for, for your DD laughing2.gif

Well you have caught me out there. I don't actually have a daughter and they are for me lol.

Seriously, that is so nice of you and she (and I) would be so grateful. I am stunned. Of course I will cover postage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.