Whats for dinner
im all out of ideas

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 miinii

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

What are you having for dinner tonight?

I am out of ideas and feel like something different. So sick of the same old thing.

So what are you having? If you have a link to the recipe that would be AMAZING original.gif

#2 niggles

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I don't know but I tried a new recipe last night and it worked very well. I can't link because I tend to cobble together what I can glean from several recipes.

Vegetable Frittata:

Use a large pan that can go from stove top to oven. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.

Soften a couple of cubed carrots in the microwave then stir fry with half a zucchini, broccoli, leek, garlic, butter beans and corn.

Pour over a beaten mixture of 6 eggs, a generous splash of milk, Italian herbs and a couple of spoons of sour cream if you have it.

Leave over low heat till the edges set and grate some cheese over the top while you wait. Then transfer to the oven for about 20 minutes. Pop the grill on too (if you can) for the last five minutes to get that cheesy top nice and golden.

Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.

#3 dogsneaker

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Tonight is a lamb roast with roast sweet potato and carrots. And grilled asparagus and peas. Easy no real prep required just plonk everything in the oven.

Last night was a risotto dish I made up with spinach, chicken & zucchini. Brown chicken and garlic in olive oil, add risotto rice, add chicken stock (Salt reduced), water and cook. Whilst rice is cooking, blanch spinach and chop finely, grate zucchini. Add veg to rice 5 mins before rice is ready.

Tomorrow is Chicken Schnitzel and a potato & leek bake (has garlic, spinach, sage, cheese, paprika in it, also another dish I made up.)

Haven't though beyond that this week.

#4 Gegemite

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Marinated BBQ chicken thighs, beetroot slaw and potato salad original.gif

#5 Missy Shelby

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Moroccan Meatballs and Cous Cous from taste.com.au http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/23171/moro...s+with+couscous

It is really easy to make and very yummy.

Pretty kids friendly as well, you just make the meatballs a bit smaller.  original.gif

#6 ani1

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Salad and grilled chicken original.gif

#7 GoneWithTheWhinge

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

ice cream!

Is too hot and sticky in Sydney today and there is no way I am cooking in my 32 deg kitchen anytime soon!

#8 cuddlebud

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Fennel, cherry tomato and prawn pasta

#9 ~*hiptobesquare~*

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Pork dijonnaise

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/5292/pork+dijonnaise

#10 fancie

grilled lamb loin chops and salad.

#11 Coffeegirl

QUOTE (GoneWithTheWhinge @ 06/11/2012, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ice cream!

Is too hot and sticky in Sydney today and there is no way I am cooking in my 32 deg kitchen anytime soon!

I'm with you.  It's foul here sad.gif

Ice cream sounds good.

#12 Born Slippy

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Baked potatoes with cheese, sour cream, spring onion and bacon topping.

#13 *little-rach*

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Corn fritters with salad and garlic bread

#14 sammyv

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Sizzle steak sandwiches (onion, capsicum, lettuce, cheese, bacon).

I am cooking tomorrow nights Lamb shanks at the moment too.

#15 Luxe

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

roasted butternut pumkin and walnut with beetroot pieces and spinach leaves drizzled with a honey mustard dressing. might cook up some polenta as a side dish.

#16 bixter

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

curried mince with some veg through it and some pasta

#17 opethmum

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Food of some description.

#18 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Frozen quiche, chips and salad.

#19 Alacritous~Andy

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Lamb stirfry. We haven't eaten lamb in ages due to the cost, but I got a tray of stirfry lamb strips discounted, and I am so looking forward to it.

#20 Molondy

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

This:

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/10...-sherry-vinegar

Its an Iain Hewitson recipe and very very yummy. I substitute Bramble Patch Rasberry Vinegar for Sherry Vinegar.

My husband, who won't eat pork, is having sausages instead...

#21 Pssst...

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Last night we had Donna Hay's baked haloumi and sourdough. Tried to google the recipe but it came up with this slightly different version that looks just as good:

http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/roasted...nd-tomato-salad

Tonight is Jamie Oliver pea soup. Tried to google it but came up with different versions. The on pe I'm cooking is from the Jamie recipes iPad app...

#22 veematt1976

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Crumbed sizzle steak, salad with creamy garlic dressing, beetroot and pan bread. Yum!

#23 MyButterflyGirls

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

taste.com.au is your best friend!

I raid my pantry/fridge and type in a few main ingredients into the search engine and you get a whole list of ideas to pick from!

Today I typed in beef, salad and coriander and will  be choosing between Spicy Beef Salad and Mexican Beef Salad.

Too easy! biggrin.gif

#24 jmaz86

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Roast vegetable quiche....have a mad craving for it...

#25 miajas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

homemade burgers cooked on the bbq, the kids love putting theirs together!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.