Q for Rabbit owners

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SDEE

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hi
I have three female mid-sized bunnies, and was wondering what other rabbit owners do with the waste when they clean the cage? Do you just chuck it in the rubbish bin or is their poo ok for the compost/worm bins? just wondering as I seem to have a lot of poo, hay and newspaper to get rid of each week
thanks in advance

#2 MeHeNDa3

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Our bunny is litter trained, I just tip the litter and business into a plastic bag and put it in the normal waste bin.

Now I think about it I hope that's the right thing to do!

#3 countrymel

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

All vegetarian poo is good for the compost.

Chuck it in OP!

#4 Mama8

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

i have 21 bunnies (breeder) and all my bunny poo goes on my veggie garden original.gif it breaks down nicely and its too harsh on plants so like chicken poo.

#5 Flaxen

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I used to compost it when i had bunnies.
I would just take it out as it is, and lay it in the compost bin. You are supposed to layer compost, and it was already in layers, newspaper, straw and poo. Perfect!

#6 SDEE

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Great thanks, I think my problem is I have chucked some in the worm bin (have a feeling I may have killed some or many of the worms) so straight on the garden from now on. Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.