Due in January 2013 Chat Thread #13

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#26 JillyJellyBean

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hello ladies, its been a long time!

EllaMaree - I too love reading other stories so yes I think it would be nice to share. Ill agree with PP though, Im not sure how long itll take me to write my story!

Ljade - how frustrating! Glad to hear you have it sorted. I think I would have had a major meltdown.

SMS buddies is a great idea. Where do we start?

AFM- tired and sore but doing well. Scared of having another premmie so when I go to the toilet Im terrified of any downward pressure. Looking forward to my family being complete biggrin.gif

#27 bub79

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Wow, didn't realise I had been MIA for so long!

Welcome to the newbies original.gif

NikkiNuNu - hope your GD gets sorted asap, must be very frustrating for you.

I love watching 'one born every minute' so will most certainly post my birth story here original.gif

AFM - I'm 34 + 1 and starting to have hip and groin pain that prevents a good nights sleep! I'm going to try and get to aqua mums classes once I finish up work, which is this week, yay! Can't wait to make some xmas cookies with my boys and get the house all xmassy too! DS1 is only just understanding santa and xmas this year so it's exciting original.gif

I have finally started packing my hospital bag (only baby clothes and toiletries so far but it's a start!), have the capsule ready to put in the car, so just need to set up the bassinet and wash more baby clothes & sheets then I think I'll be semi ready for baby!

This time I'm planning to spend the full 4 days in hospital with bubs so I can rest/recover and I can establish breastfeeding/bond without my other 2 trying to climb all over me! I went home after only 48hrs after DS2 as I wanted to be with DS1 too but I regretted not staying the extra few days to physically recover.  DH will be just fine with the boys for 4 days on his own and they will visit everyday original.gif

Hope your all going well.

#28 Happy_daisy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Hi everyone! waves.gif
Bub79, that's my plan too, to stay in hospital as long as they let me so I can recover. As nice as it would be to be home with DD I like the idea of having bonding time with the new baby and people around to support me and bring me all meals while I do it!
How's everyone else going? It's been really quiet here, assuming everyone is on Facebook or busy getting ready for Christmas? I'm counting down the days till Christmas/mat leave...only 3 weeks to go!!
Belly rubs to all original.gif

#29 JillyJellyBean

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Last week of work this week! woohoo. Im so big and tired I cant wait. Im leaving DS at day care for the whole week so I can relax, run chores and just generally bludge.

Its pretty quiet in here. Hope everyone is doing well.

#30 Happy_daisy

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Yay for last week at work JJB! Mine is next week...can't wait!! I think it's a great idea leaving your DS in childcare the whole week so you can have some 'me time'!

#31 Xmanmum

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hi all

It is quiet in here, isn't it, but it s getting to that crazy time of the year and if you are anything like me, I only have enough energy to *just* make it through most days before collapsing into bed at night!  I hope everyone is doing well - not long till we get to meet our little ones.......
Well, mine apparently isn't  so little, last week at 34+, his head was already measuring at 40 weeks and he is tipped to be in the 90th percentile, so could be huge, but will have to wait and see!  My belly is huge anyway, much bigger than with DS1, so it will be interesting to see.

Since I only work part time, I nw only have 3 days of work left - woo hoo!  My last day is next Monday and I can't wait!

Hoping everyone is doing well, looking forward to hearing some good news from everyone in the weeks ahead!
Xx

#32 munchmum

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Agree it is very quiet in here!

Xmanmum I think you and I are the same person. We are the same age as are our Dhs, my first was born in April 2010, I just started mat leave (yah) from my 3 day a week job and I had a scan last week which confirmed this bub is huge, 90th percentile.

I hope everyone else is doing well, and ready for Christmas. I'm seriously disorganised and trying to find the energy to start my shopping I had grand plans to do it all online but think I've missed the boat now.

#33 ~buzz~

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

36 weeks and 4 days ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

getting so close now had my 36 weeks antinatal appointment today bub is head down and everything is fine original.gif weekly appointments from now on and I supposed just waiting for baby to decide its time

hope everyone is doing well and all ready for christmas

#34 JillyJellyBean

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Wow buzz - 36+ weeks. This pregnancy has flown by (not sure about others experiences.

To the ladies having big babies. Good oh! DS was a tiny boy (only 5 pounds at birth) and this one is average size, which is exciting me. Im hoping for a chubby bubby this time with little rolly poly thighs! So cute and squidgy! Anyway, I guess Im getting excited.

This is a mad time of year. I managed to get almost all of my Chrissie shopping done last week. Only one person to go. I usually love shopping, but the last trip almost killed me. My feet were so swollen and (sorry TMI) the indised of my thighs all chaffed by the end of it. Shop online I say!!!

Good luck for the impending births, cant wait to see some babies born!

#35 AliGeo

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Been ages as usual. I can't believe that we could be having babies by now! I hope that people put their announcements on here as well as FB cos I'm not part of that group.

I'm getting close to the end now. OB will not let me go too far past 37 weeks, plus 60% of twins come before 37 weeks, so I'm getting pretty excited only about 2-2.5 weeks to go!

Had a scan on friday and twin A is measuring 2.3kg and twin B 2.9kg, so big ones!

Hope that everyone is surviving ok now that we're so close?

#36 ~buzz~

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

AliGeo - there has been one bub born announced on the facebook group but I'm sure she will be on to announce here when they are home original.gif

37+3 today and very much ready for bub to be here sore back, cramping, headaches sad.gif just need to keep reminding myself that I will have a baby by this time next month at the latest

#37 cordyline

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (~buzz~ @ 17/12/2012, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
37+3 today and very much ready for bub to be here sore back, cramping, headaches sad.gif just need to keep reminding myself that I will have a baby by this time next month at the latest

Buzz - I am 37+2 today and I also keep telling myself the same thing. This time. Next month = baby for sure as I wont be allowed to go over by more than a week. So exciting and scary at the same time. It gets a bit tiresome at the end doesn't it.

I am coping ok, although my feet and hands are swollen and sore. Most morning I wake up feeling like I have been beaten up. When doing the Christmas shopping I was certainly getting some sympathetic stares. Glad the shopping is all sorted now.

ph34r.gif now to see some announcements.

#38 ~buzz~

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

just to update all the ladies who aren't on facebook

I went to the toilet today and when I wiped there was a few drops of blood up to the hospital for a few hours doctor did and internal and my cervix has started to open slightly so things are definitely happening  eexcite.gif although she has said it could still be a few days or more

#39 Happy_daisy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Yay Buzz how exciting!! Hope all goes well!
OMG we're starting to have our babies! So excited and nervous!

#40 cordyline

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

ooh that is exciting. You might have a Xmas baby  ph34r.gif Please keep us updated.

#41 rabbit hyde

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

It's getting to the crunch time isn't it?

I finish up work this Friday - which has made everything seem very real.  At the midwife appt yesterday she advised that baby's head is down and engaged.

So now we just play the waiting games.

Wishing everyone the best in their last few weeks.

#42 Happy_daisy

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

36 weeks! ddance.gif And I've finished work!

Any baby announcements yet? ninja.gif

#43 cordyline

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas. I couldn't actually eat that much - no space.

38w4d - still struggling with sore swollen hands and feet on the hot days. No signs that labour is imminent although I am getting tingles?? When bubs hits my cervix with her head. Swimming 1.5km once per week and walking 4km twice per week in the hope it will bring things on. But I am pretty much resting in between. Really don't want to go over...but get this feeling I will.

Happy daisy - yay for no more work.

Rabbit Hyde - good that bubs head is engaged.

Not long everyone.

#44 JessMcA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I'm further along than I made it last time (37 weeks) and not enjoying the waiting game, which I missed entirely with my first baby! Today this one is writhing around so painfully I'm finding it hard to breathe. Never had pains like this before, it's like he's twisting up my internal organs or something! He's nowhere near engaged, and keeps squashing himself sideways instead of head down.

Anyone else over it all? I know I shouldn't be because I'm only just full term, but boy am I sick of being pregnant. On the other hand, I really don't want the baby til January at least... sigh.

#45 bub79

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hi Everyone

Hope you have all had a great xmas.

Any baby news yet?
I decided not to be on the facebook group as it's too much of a good time waster for me wink.gif

I'm 38 + 3 and I feel bubs will come within a few days - I've had a few signs similar to before my DS2 was born at 39 + 2. I can only hope anyway because I'm in such pain at night I don't sleep much, and would rather be up feeding bubs during the night than in pain!

Can't wait to meet my little man original.gif

#46 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I've been absolutely flat out trying to get everything organised for xmas and bubs and realised I havent posted in here for AGES!! Hope everyone had a fantastic xmas with their families/friends. We were pretty chilled this year.

There have been a few arrivals announced in the FB group, I'm sure the mums will be in here when they get a chance. The FB group is quite busy atm.

AliGeo - How are you going? How did your scans go?

EllaMaree - would love to have a birth stories thread - I love reading and sharing!

LJade - How did you go with the new Obstetrician?

bub79 - after reading your post I've decided to stay in for the full 5 days my Ob is recommending. I will miss DS terribly, but also think it will be wise to take the time to recover and establish feeding etc with this bub without being rushed. Good luck, hope everything kicks off for you soon!!

cordyline - I'm impressed with your exercise!! I was walking 2km per day, 5 days per wk until about 34wks when I got sick and gave it up after that. Hope those niggles are turning into something for you!

Good luck to all the other mummas reading, hope you are all relaxing and taking it easy in these last few weeks of pregnancy!

We are in countdown mode here! Less than 18hrs until I get to meet my little prince/princess!! I am sooo excited! Had a crazy night of dreams last night, can't imagine I will be getting much sleep tonight, but trying to cram as much in as I can in preparation for many restless nights to come! Feeling quite antsy, trying to get all the last minute things done (of which, none are important of course), so I feel 'ready'!

Will be back in shortly once our little one has arrived to let you all know!

#47 Zarlias

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hi ladies. I can' t get my phone to access Facebook in here but can get to EB.

Our little man flew onto the world this morning at 11:36am after my first pains at 2: 45.

He weighed in at 8lb1 and is still anonymous. I'll get some pics when I can.

It's just awesome

#48 cordyline

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Zarlias - congratulations!! I just read your "first timer question" thread re poop pains. Made me chuckle and I learned something. Well done! And good to hear all is well.

Shirley - 18hrs to go? Wow so I'm guessing you are having a planned c-section? Or induction? Either way, All the best! You must be so excited. Be sure to update.

Bubs- I'm the same. Not much sleep happening at night. So uncomfortable.

I am another one who avoids Facebook. I deleted my account 2 yrs ago due to me wasting time and all the privacy issues, so I've missed out on all the updates.

#49 ~buzz~

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

39 weeks today hopefully bub decides sometime this week to arrive.

Was having lots of pre-labour symptoms last week, head engaged and 1-2cms dilated and still no baby sad.gif

Heaps of Braxton Hicks last night so was hoping everything might start but so far they aren't turning into anything more

Congratulations Zarlias can't wait to hear what name you decide on

Good Luck today Shirley Temple

hope everyone is doing well

#50 Xmanmum

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

Congratulations Zarlias and good luck Shirley Temple!

37+4 here at the moment, he has been engaged since last week and I thought things were starting to move in the pm of the 23rd with some fairly regular period type cramps and me feeling really sick, but it settled down after a couple of hours and since then I am just back to my usual Braxton hicks, so I am still holding out hope that I Will make it past NYE, then it is all on!!

Looking forward to hearing of some more new arrivals, hoping everyone else had a lovely Christmas and are going well

Xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.