Due in January 2013 Chat Thread #13

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#51 Happy_daisy

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Congrats Zarlias on the arrival of your little boy! Hope all is going well.

And hope everything goes ok today ShirleyTemple.

I also don't use facebook so I feel like I miss out on a bit, glad people are posting in here again! Had a great Christmas, like cordyline couldn't eat much because baby is taking up too much room! Baby is sitting nice and low and is engaged, so doesn't look like I'll go late - only 3 weeks till my due date anyway! Nesting like crazy, cleaning and organising things before baby gets here biggrin.gif

JessMcA I'm a bit like you, getting over being pregnant but also want my baby is be born as far away from Christmas as possible. If only I could take my belly off for a few hours and have a stretch and proper sleep!

I know it's late to think about this but has anyone hired a TENS machine? I had one last labour and really liked it, just trying to decide where to get it from. There is a place here that hires them for $65 for a month, but I'd have to pick it up and drop it off after, which may be too much trouble with a toddler and newborn. Otherwise I could get one online ($65 for 5 weeks - so one extra week), but it's an extra $20 for postage. I can't make a decision! Has anyone here hired one?

#52 Guest_katem666_*

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

39+3 and i've come to the conclusion i will be pregnant forever.
She's been ready to go for weeks, head down and engaged but nothing else is happening. I only get braxton hicks when walking (of which i do about 5 kms a day) and apart from the odd sharp pain in my nether regions or period like cramp, my body does not seem to realise that we're good to go....
I'm sooooo over it. Hip pain keeping me up at night, sore feet and hands, every move by baby is painful as she is totally out of room etc etc
Off to see the ob today and if i'm not at least a little dilated or something i quit.

#53 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Our little princess arrived at 9:58am this morning. We have called her Evelyn Hermione. She was 48cm long, 3.36kg (7pd6oz) and head circumference 36.5cm. Operation went very smoothly, was a great laid back atmosphere and much more pleasant than my emergency c section last time. Evie had some fluid on her lungs, so after a quick cuddle she went up to the nursery with DH. She is currently being weaned off oxygen in her humidicrib and hoping she will be able to come back to the room with me either tonight or tomorrow morning. I was able to take her out and feed her this afternoon, which was awesome! I am recovering well, been up and about since 230.

Our little princess arrived at 9:58am this morning. We have called her Evelyn Hermione. She was 48cm long, 3.36kg (7pd6oz) and head circumference 36.5cm. Operation went very smoothly, was a great laid back atmosphere and much more pleasant than my emergency c section last time. Evie had some fluid on her lungs, so after a quick cuddle she went up to the nursery with DH. She is currently being weaned off oxygen in her humidicrib and hoping she will be able to come back to the room with me either tonight or tomorrow morning. I was able to take her out and feed her this afternoon, which was awesome! I am recovering well, been up and about since 230.

#54 Happy_daisy

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Congratulations ShirleyTemple and welcome to the world little Evelyn! Sounds like you're both doing really well!

#55 bub79

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Congrats zarlias on your little boy! And congrats *shirleytemple* on little Evelyn. Enjoy!

Katem666 hope your bubs gets moving for you soon, you sound as miserable as I am most days!

Look forward to hearing of more babies arriving, hopefully mine too original.gif

#56 JillyJellyBean

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Congrats Zarlias and ShirleyTemple on the births of your babies.

JessMc I totally understand what you are saying.

As you can tell I have insomnia, and bubs is doing dances on the bladder making sleep impossible. She is engaged though so not long to go!

Looking forward to hearing more good news.

Merry Xmas everyone

#57 AliGeo

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Congratulations Zarlias and ShirleyTemple!!!

So good to see some bubs arriving now.

I'm 36+2 today, and only have til next friday to go into labour naturally or it's goodbye VBAC and hello c-section.

Yesterday and today I'm suffering from bad nausea again and last night I thought I was coming down with the flu. Do you think this could be some pre-labour signs or just typical late pregnancy symptoms?

#58 Happy_daisy

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Could be pre-labour symptoms AliGeo, I've heard that an upset tummy can be a sign. Fingers crossed for you!

#59 munchmum

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Congratulations zarlias and Shirleytemple, I hope your little girl is out of the nursery soon.

I'm over being pregnant too, less than 3 weeks to go for me if I make it to the planned csection date. Bub is still huge, I measured 7 weeks over last visit. But 90th percentile on the ultrasound.

It could be prelabour aligeo fingers crossed it Is, I felt similar all last week but it turned out to be a virus.

#60 cordyline

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Congratulations Shirley Temple - love the name original.gif

AliGeo - hoping the nausea is constructive and indicative of labour so you can have your VBAC.

JillyJelly - I have the insomnia too. Annoyingly everyone says "oh that is just your body getting ready to get up at night once bub arrives. Um No - I kinda need to be refreshed and feeling my best - probably not going to happen.

#61 Happy_daisy

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

Any more birth announcements??

#62 AliGeo

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

ph34r.gif I'm lurking too. I'll have one, well two actually, to announce on Friday, only 2 more sleeps!

#63 JillyJellyBean

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Good luck for Friday AliGeo!

Looking forward to hearing the news

#64 rabbit hyde

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Harriet Harlequinn Forbes arrived on the 01/01/2013 at 12.14pm.

Waters broke at 9.20am and I was admitted to hospital at 6.00pm, 5cm dilated.  Vaginal delivery with the assistance of gas (OMG I love the gas).

Baby girl is beautiful (of course), yet unexpectedly we are also managing media appearances with parenthood as apparently she one of the first babies of 2013.

#65 cordyline

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Congrats Rabbit Hyde - Bet you didnt anticipate having to deal with the media. SO do you mean 12:14am as in 14 minutes into the new year? Or was she born noon on the 1st Jan? Either way, enjoy your little Harriet.

AliGeo - good luck for Friday  ph34r.gif

#66 Xmanmum

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Congratulations rabbit hyde!!  I love the name Harriet too.

Good luck for tomorrow AliGeo!

No action from my little one as yet, still hanging in there waiting to meet him, I just wish he would hurry up!!

#67 Happy_daisy

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Congrats Rabbit Hyde! Gorgeous name too  wub.gif  It did actually cross my mind that if we had a 1/1/13 baby we might get in the paper or something...hope it's not too stressful dealing with the media attention and a newborn!

Good luck for tomorrow AliGeo, hope those twins behave for you...will be lurking for the announcement!

AFM: nothing, just hot and uncomfortable. And nesting like crazy! Hoping to get everything finished before baby arrives...

#68 ~buzz~

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Congrats Rabbit Hyde such wonderful news original.gif

Good Luck AliGeo can't wait to hear your news original.gif

Not much happening here been having pre labour signs for weeks but they never amount to anything had an appt yesterday and they said everything is ready just need to be patient

hope everyone is well

#69 munchmum

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Congratulations rabbit hyde and good luck Ali geo.

Nothing much happening here either, finally packed my hospital bag and finished washing baby items, only 2 weeks to go.

#70 *ShirleyTemple*

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Congratulations Rabbit Hyde!! Hope you are settling in well at home with your new little princess! The media stuff would be very weird, it will make quite a story for her when she's older!

Good Luck AliGeo for today, hope you are enjoying double cuddles already!

For all the ladies patiently (and impatiently) awaiting the arrival of their little bundles, I'm sending lots of positive labour vibes your way!!

My little lady is 1wk old today, on my EDD. She is settling in really well. A bit jaundiced, but feeding well, so going it'll clear soon. She is doing well putting up with all of the pokes, prods, cuddles and kisses from her big brother. Had our home visit from the MHCN today, and Evie has put on 200gm since her discharge on Tuesday. Almost back to her birth weight.

#71 Little.One

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Awe congrats to all the lovely ladies who have recently had their bubbas! I've been stalking the thread.

My due date is still 3 weeks & 2 days away..... I'm so excited and after seeing all the recent announcements, a little anxious.

Would love to see some bubba photos in here original.gif

Good luck today AliGeo! biggrin.gif

#72 JillyJellyBean

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Shirley Temple thats lovely. Glad to hear your enjoying your new addition.

Nothing to add at this end except that Im getting impatient and this heat is not helpling. (Its still 30 degrees for goodness sake!)

Will be stalking for more good news.

#73 bub79

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Congrats new mummies on the arrival of your babies - very exciting original.gif

Well, I'm due Monday and am going to try a stretch and sweep. I've never made it to my due date before and am more than a little over it, no energy to do anything and no patience with my boys! Tounge1.gif

Hope to hear of more arrivals soon.

#74 JillyJellyBean

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

Had a false alarm last night. Shocking Braxton Hicks which were about 5 mions apart. I though woohoo here we go (and ouch, why was I looking forward to this it hurts!) and went off to have a shower. Following the shower they fizzled out. Ive lost my plug though this morning so not long now ladies!!!

Its still another week till my Mum arrives which is a bummer, but you get that on the big jobs.

#75 AliGeo

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

just a quick one. Isis Greer 2.71kg and Rhett Cole 3.08kg on Jan 4. everyone well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.