Due in January 2013 Chat Thread #13

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#76 AliGeo

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

just a quick one. Isis Greer 2.71kg and Rhett Cole 3.08kg on Jan 4. everyone well

#77 cordyline

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Congratulations AliGeo  grin.gif enjoy your precious little bundles. Good to hear everyone is doing well.

JillyJelly - I had a similar false alarm last week with the braxton hicks 5 mins apart, but after about 4 hours they stopped. I am still here 5 days later lol. Although I never started to lose my plug - so hoping that is a good sign for you.

bub79 - good luck with the stretch & sweep on Monday. Hopefully that will kick start things.

Shirly temple - great to hear Evie is doing so well.

Little.One - it is exciting with all the announcements. Not too much longer to go for you.

AFM - 40+1 today. Bah! Everything hurts but feels like baby is quite happy in there. Lots of little niggles but nothing really significant. Just relaxing at home, catching up on recorded TV shows. It is a bit boring though. I try to go out once a day, even if just to the supermarket or out to get a coffee.

#78 Happy_daisy

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Congrats AliGeo!! Welcome to the world Isis and Rhett original.gif Glad to hear all is going well!

I'm much the same as buzz, munchmum, JJB, bub79 and cordyline...just waiting waiting waiting! I'm feeling like baby is ready to come out, it just have to make a start now! But I guess I'm only 38 weeks so have a couple of weeks yet before I even hit my due date, and I've had no BHs or anything, so no pre-labour signs really aside from feeling really pregnant!

JJB sounds like you don't have long to go at all! Will be ninja.gif for your birth announcement!

ShirleyTemple glad to hear all is going well with your little one!

#79 spitzmum

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Sorry I haven't been on - but Rhodry born 31/12/12 @5.23pm in a water birth after augmentation - waters broke 30/12/12 but no progression by 8am 31/12/12.  

My OB decided that we needed to have the bub before the evening fell on NYE as the hospital would have been a graveyard if I needed assistance for my heart issue (SVT) - so augmentation with a synto drip.

Here is the little boy ready for his first car trip when we left the hospital original.gif

#80 Xmanmum

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Congratulations AliGeo, ShirleyTemple and Spitzmum!!  I hope you are all enjoying your precious new arrivals!
39 weeks for me today and apart from some random contractions every now and again, no movement at the station as yet....and it is driving me nuts!! I thought my little man would have arrived by now and I am more than impatient to finally get to meet him

#81 Happy_daisy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Congrats Spitzmum! He's gorgeous wub.gif

#82 cordyline

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Spitz I posted in the AC group but congratulations again.

AFM - Our daughter Heidi Pearl was born 8th January at 1:30 am after being induced at 7am the day before due to calcifying placenta (gel followed by breaking waters 4 hrs later). Contractions really ramped up from them and I found the hospital bath to be a lifesaver. No external tearing one small internal tear. Bubby ended up turning during labour and being posterior from around 7cm dilated.

She weighed 3740g and is beautiful. She latched on and "fed" for 1.5 hours less than 2 hrs after being born. At least one of us knows what to.

Looking forward to some more updates.

#83 Happy_daisy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Congratulations Cordyline!! Enjoy your newborn cuddles with little Heidi!

#84 bub79

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

congrats spitzmum, thanks for sharing the beautiful photo!

Congrats cordyline and Aligeo too!

Well, my stretch and sweep did nothing sad.gif I'm 2cm dialated and not feeling anything is going to happen yet - I'm 40 + 2. will see my OB again Friday and see whats next! I've also tried curry and long walks but bubs isn't budging!!

#85 ~buzz~

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Congratulations to all the new mummy's hope everything is going well with the new additions

Hudson David was born at 10:38am on 06/01/2013 weighing 8lbs 3oz, 50 cms long and 34.5cm head circumference.

Very quick labour started just after 4am rang the hospital and was told to have a hot shower use heatpacks etc.
Rang again at 7:30 and said I wanted to be checked out so up to the hospital midwife did an internal at 8:30 and I was 5cms waters broke I was not expecting that much fluid at all it was everywhere and I kept laughing causing more to come out. I tried the gas but it made me feel sick no time for anything else by the time they got my drip in for the antibiotics I was starting to push and he ended up being born on the bathroom floor. 3rd degree tear resulting in me being transferred to theatre and having a spinal to get the stitches done. He is totally worth it biggrin.gif

hope that makes sense I'm still processing everything

#86 Happy_daisy

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Congratulations Buzz and welcome little Hudson! Sounds like you had a fast and furious labour!

Aww lots of birth announcements yay!  Keep 'em coming!!

#87 Xmanmum

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Just a quick one from me, Elijah James was born yesterday at 12:05pm after a 2 hour labour (no time for drugs!!), weighing in at a healthy 8lb8oz, 37cm head and 50.5in length and is just adorable!

Edited by Xmanmum, 10 January 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#88 munchmum

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Congratulations to all the ladies who have had their babies recently. It's lovely to read the announcements.

#89 bub79

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Popping in to let you know Charlie was born 10 Jan at 8:44am after 2.5hrs labour. He weighed 3950g and 54cms long. His big brothers absolutely love him original.gif

#90 Happy_daisy

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Congratulations Bub79 and Xmanmum on the arrival of your boys! Wow we have a lot of baby boys in this group!

AFM I'm over being pregnant! Time to meet my little one I think original.gif

#91 JillyJellyBean

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Annabelle Mae was born 8/1/2013. She weighed in a 6 pound 11 (3.04kgs). We are both doing well. I will be back to post the birth story when I have more time. Hope everyone else is doing well. Congrats to those who have their bundles in their arms!

#92 cordyline

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

Buzz - Awesome that Hudson is here safe and sound. I also found the gas useless, I used it for one contraction and crumpled down on the floor all spaced out. Didnt touch it again. Lol. I find it so interesting that you were laughing when your waters broke.

Xmanmum - Another mum who had a quick labour. Hope Elijah is settling in nicely. P.S. Elijah was on my short list if we had a boy  wink.gif

bub79 - congratulations on the birth of Charlie. 2.5 hours of labour - wow you lucky thing original.gif

Happydaisy - not surprised you are over being pregnant, especially in summer!

JillyJellybean - congratulations. Annabelle is a lovely name. love to hear your birth story when things have settled down.

#93 ~buzz~

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Cordyline- I know it was so painful having contractions but it was just hilarious nearly covered the midwife and everytime I laughed more would come out so glad I could find it funny though.

Jillyjellybean - Congrats on the birth of Annabelle original.gif hope all is going well

Hudson has been so good but had a shocking night last night screaming and scrunching up like he was in pain the whole night wasn't feeding very well and would only sleep on me sad.gif then he did a massive poo and was fine so I think it was just a struggle to get that one out

Hope everyone is doing well with their new additions and the ladies who are still waiting hope you aren't too sore original.gif

#94 Happy_daisy

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Congrats JJB! Lovely name original.gif

Buzz, I'm one of the unlucky ones still waiting, starting to think I'm the only one left! Haven't even reached my due date yet, I'm going to be hopeless if I go 10 days over!

#95 munchmum

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Congratulations Bub79 and JillyJellyBean.

Buzz
did you have the gas just before you started laughing, I remember cracking up when I used the gas with my daughter.

Happy_daisy I'm still here and waiting, but not for much longer. Dday is tomorrow, slightly freaked out about being cut open but suprisingly calm, I am deinately ready to evict this baby, let's just hope she is ready too!

#96 ~buzz~

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Happy_daisy - There is a few ladies on the facebook group who have gotten to about 10 days over really feel for them my 2 days overdue where bad enough.

munchmum - nope no gas until after I think it was my way of dealing with the Oh My God I'm actually going to have a baby as it hadn't really hit me until then Good luck for your due date tomorrow hope bub doesn't keep you waiting to long

#97 Happy_daisy

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Good luck for tomorrow Munchmum! Hope all goes well!

I can sympathise with the poor ladies Buzz. I have an OB appointment Friday and will be asking him for any suggestions he has for getting labour started!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.