Mediums - Do you believe

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 caroldiem

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have just updated my blog it's mostly about my experience with seeing a medium and just about what i am going through now 4 months after losing my son Michael. i was just wondering what do you all think? Do you think it's a bunch of huey or it's real?? my hubby thinks it's evil spirits that are channelled and i could bring on a satanic attack on my family  rolleyes.gif "That's a bit much i think" Would love to hear your opinions

#2 ChunkyChook

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I so desperately want to believe its real after 'hearing from my dad' bur I always think there will be that 0.01% of me that is sceptical.

#3 caroldiem

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

I know ChunkyCook i feel exactly the same way i really want to believe i connected with my Nenne but damnit there is still that 1% of me that just can't believe it

Edited by caroldiem, 09 November 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#4 bakesferalgirls

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

No. I think when you're dead, you're dead.

There is a small part of me though that sometimes wonders if I'm wrong. I thought about it a lot when my dad died a few months ago. He believed there was an afterlife where his parents and first wife were waiting for him. I never said anything about my thoughts to him though, as it was bringing him comfort when he knew he didn't have long left. He always said he would show mum that he was watching over her, somehow. I still don't believe it's true, but I hope for mums sake that I am wrong.

ETA- My DH OTOH completely believes that death is not the end, that there is an afterlife, and those there continue to have dealings with this world, especially if they left unfinished business.

Edited by bakesgirls, 09 November 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#5 fancie

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

I think some are good and some think they are good.

In my 20's I saw a few clairvoyants, the absolute best one I saw was overseas and was able to give me very very detailed and accurate information about my past and my family.  I have no doubt that the message she gave me was true.

#6 caroldiem

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Yeah bakesgirls my hubby and his side of the family will all agree with you but i don't believe that, not after what i experienced, the energy in the room was palpable it was amazing

Thankyou for sharing your opinion original.gif

#7 Beancat

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

I have never seen a medium, so can't answer that one,but have had several encounters with spirits.  One a couple of ocassions I have been with someone else and we have both seen/heard it and knew we were not imagining.

The best one I  had was with my Mum about 2 months after she died

#8 caroldiem

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

OOOOo Beancat that is fascinating are you able to elaborate on the experience you had with your Mum?

#9 Angelot

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

I think it might be possible, but - like your DH - I'd be concerned that it's not safe.  Energy can come from different sources, and how we feel about something isn't always the most reliable guide to its reality.

#10 CCLady

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I believe.

I saw a medium too (Charmaine Wilson) and there was just stuff that she could NOT know, no guess work could guess what she knew about people she read.

It was amazing. I was a believer before seeing her and watching her cemented it for me.

#11 mandarins

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Ange Vert @ 09/11/2012, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it might be possible, but - like your DH - I'd be concerned that it's not safe.  Energy can come from different sources, and how we feel about something isn't always the most reliable guide to its reality.

Agree. It is a hard one though when things you are told seem to fit.
I would like to see a clairovoyant to get life guidence but I am scared of where their 'sources' are coming from, even though I know people who have had very positive experiences with some.

Sorry for your loss OP

#12 Frightbat

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

I was always very much in the 'when you are dead, that's the end' camp. When my DH was a child, he was involved in a very serious accident and wasn't expected to survive. The doctors had to 'bring him back' several times. After one of these times, he was able to recall a conversation his sister had (she was not in the room) with absolute accuracy. So I do kind of think that death isn't the end and that loved ones who pass away are still able to be near us.

#13 lynneyours

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

When I was little (round 7) my Mum had an emergency hysterectomy and died 3x on the operating table and was brought back with the paddles and given 14 bags of blood.
She was taken to hospital and operated on as an emergency - ie NOT pre-booked or pre-planned.

Her best friend is a medium who was living overseas at the time, and she rang Dad in a PANIC the same day, saying "what has happened to (Mum)? She has visited me in a meditation and couldn't find her body and I had to guide her back!"  

There is no way for her to have known this - even Dad didn't know as she was still in theatre/recovery!

Dad is an atheist and non-believer in ghosts etc but cannot explain it at all.

So yes, I believe mediums CAN speak to the dead if they want to be spoken to.  I think good ones are harder to find.  I am not sure if they can control "who" comes through - possibly negative as well as positive can, but I am not sure.  

I think if YOU took something positive from it - that is a good thing.

#14 goldilachs

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

lynnemine - your post gave me goosebumps, wow!

#15 Yomumma

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

That is amazing Lynnemine! I am a believer too but I think it's hard to find a good one. I saw Deb Webber off sensing murder and she was fantastic. Would love to see her again..

#16 purpleblackqueen

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

I believe,  I saw with a friend just after Craig passed away for the first time and nearly eveything that came from DH through her that would happen has come to fruition and some yet to happen.

Since then I have felt DH hear at times and can 80% of the time tell where in the house he is.

Other things happen around here that makes me feel DH is here.

I know some people will find what I am saying weird, but even the kids have seen spirits over the years.

The medium I saw spoke of where DH and I had our wedding photos taken and where our honeymoon was  (my friend didn't know this information)

Edited by purpleblackqueen, 09 November 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#17 rabbit hyde

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

I do, I don't believe that all people who claim to be mediums or clairvoyant are.  I would consider some to be fraudsters and also some people are just incredibly intuative and talented at reading body language whether they are aware of it or not.

It was something I grew up around and even as I've gotten older and distanced myself from the community I still believe.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the evil aspects that your husband is worried about.  In my experience most mediums/psycics or clairvoyants undertake a long journey of training and research before they start seeing clients.  Depending on who you see - they also use spirit guides and request protection i.e calling for the protection from the Archangel Michael before proceeding and can usually determine whether the source is negitive or not.

#18 Feral Dinosaurus

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Oh Caroldeiem,

I can't begin to imagine the pain that you are going through trying to come to terms with your loss. My heart breaks for you and I still think of you often.

But no, I think Mediums are a crock.

But I also think God is a crock, the devil is a crock, fairies are a crock, santa (even santa) is a crock.

It would make more sense to me that a "believer" believed in Mediums. However my DH is a believer and he thinks they're a crock (a dangerous crock).

I really hope you find the continual strength that you need, all the best.

#19 caroldiem

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

lynnemine - WOW i really believe that i was told by the medium that when you have anaesthetic and are in surgery for a decent period of time teh spirit can't cope with it so it's expelled from the body, what an amazing story

purpleblackqueen - I was told that when you think of your loved one who has passed that they are actually there visiting you, you know how you can go about your day going through the motions and then suddenly your loved one pops in your head that means he is with you probably giving you a hug i am sure Craig is with you and your kids always

rabbit hyde - You are right the medium i saw had extensive training and she told me she always had her spirit guides in the wings to protect her so that makes me believe it was nenne who came through and the stuff that was said already some has come to fruition original.gif

Dinos - Thankyou for your thoughts  bbighug.gif

Edited by caroldiem, 09 November 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#20 Kwyjibo

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Long and short answer: No.

I am sorry for your loss OP sad.gif

#21 purpleblackqueen

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (caroldiem @ 09/11/2012, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lynnemine - WOW i really believe that i was told by the medium that when you have anaesthetic and are in surgery for a decent period of time teh spirit can't cope with it so it's expelled from the body, what an amazing story

purpleblackqueen - I was told that when you think of your loved one who has passed that they are actually there visiting you, you know how you can go about your day going through the motions and then suddenly your loved one pops in your head that means he is with you probably giving you a hug i am sure Craig is with you and your kids always

rabbit hyde - You are right the medium i saw had extensive training and she told me she always had her spirit guides in the wings to protect her so that makes me believe it was nenne who came through and the stuff that was said already some has come to fruition original.gif

Dinos - Thankyou for your thoughts  bbighug.gif

Thank you, my heart goes out to you original.gif

#22 caroldiem

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

purpleblackqueen - My heart goes out to you too, you have also suffered a very huge and significant loss my heart broke when i read your story sad.gif

This life really is a journey and the facts are at some point in life we are all going to lose a loved one

#23 KatakaGeoGirl

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'm a Christian and I believe in God. But I also believe in the afterlife and that it is the spirits of humans. However I am sceptical about a lot of so called Mediums. I do believe there will be the genuine few. But I do believe the majority are just making a living. I wouldn't go to a pyshic myself and feel uncomfortable with the rituals surrounded by it (ie purposely making contact with the dead). However... I have seen too  many figures, forms, lights and things that I cannot explain to deny that there is something there. But as a Christian I don't know what to do about it, and I don't necessarily believe it is just angels/demons as the Christian perspective tells in the kinds of churches I've been involved in. Now my daughter is starting to tell me she sees things. But she can't elaborate, but I have suspected this since she was a baby. We had an incident in one house we lived in for a short time, where I was seeing very true forms over me almost every night - and it was actually quite horrifying for me. At the same time my daughter would wake up every night screaming, until one night we moved her into a different room and she was fine thereon. To say we didn't stay in that house - we heard later the previous owners had been extremely abusive and had a bit of a history with the kids. I don't know what went on, but I think it attracted a negative energy of some sort (however that works) as my Mum who seems also to be quite spiritually sensitive always had a bad vibe about the house, and my husband and I had big relationship problems only whilst at that house. We couldn't wait to leave. But I do believe there is a definite spiritual world. Therefore I have to believe there are mediums who are genuine. But I believe there are crocs out there too just in it for the money and that annoys me. And honestly I don't know what to make of the things that I see, nor what to do with it. Especially as Christian beliefs so often contradict my own personal experiences.

#24 AryaStar

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Edited by AryaStar, 04 February 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#25 Angelot

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Dinosaurus @ 09/11/2012, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would make more sense to me that a "believer" believed in Mediums. However my DH is a believer and he thinks they're a crock (a dangerous crock).

Your DH is a Christian, I think?  Out of curiousity, would you mind asking him what he makes of the story of the medium bringing up the spirit of Samuel for King Saul?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.