A week of night wetting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lil Chickens

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

DD is 3y3m and was TTd at about 2y3m.

At about 2.5 she didn't want to wear nappies at night anymore so I got a few broly sheets and went with.  We have some accidents but on the whole she is dry.  When she has an accident we just say acidents happen, change her and back to bed.  She always remembers the next morning and tells me accidents happen.

We used to put her to the toilet when we went to bed at about 11pm but then I read on here that's not a good thing, we stopped and she still slept through till about 6:30am and then came and got me for the loo.  On the odd occasion she did need to go in the night she'd come in and get me to take her.

I notice her accidents tend to occur when she hasn't had a day sleep so is really tired and sleeps very deeply overnight.

A while ago she had about a week of accidents and they were all little wees and then it went away.  My mum told me I used to be the same (I remember being a bed wetter in primary school) and the doctor told her I got a lot of kidney infections and that led to the accidents.

I've googled kidney infection and I suspect that my dr as a child really meant UTI and I would say DD shows some symptoms of a UTI like frequent need to urinate small amounts and she has cold type symptoms and is running a very slight temperature.

So wise EB does a UTI OR kidney infection really lead to more bed wetting, is it just a stage to ride through (last night she wet twice - so glad I changed my mind about not putting the second brolly sheet on after the first wet bed)?

#2 Lil Chickens

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

Anyone?

#3 BetteBoop

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Worms can cause a child to wet the bed. Maybe worm her just to be on the safe side.

And get her checked for a UTI.

But I reckon the lack of day sleep is also a factor. Take her to the toilet before bed and limit her drinks.

I would also take her to the toilet in the middle of the night as an interim measure until she readjust to the new sleep routine.

#4 Lil Chickens

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Thanks BB I am thinking definitely a trip to the doctor to check on the UTI.  Never thought of worms so I will try that.

Was going to take her to the toilet when I went to bed last night but she beat me and wet the bed.

Her bedtime routine is teeth, toilet, book and bed.

At the end of the day I really think it is the day sleep, she just needs one every couple of days and she is fine!

#5 BetteBoop

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

I have memories of wetting the bed when I was a kid. It always happened when I'd had a big day and was so exhausted I couldn't rouse myself to get up and go to the toilet.

So her transition from day sleeps would be conistent with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.