where did the chicken go....
very very odd question...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 -*meh*-

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Last night we had red rooster for dinner... the boys didn't eat all theirs and put it on the table... i meant to put it in the fridge but fell asleep...

this morning i woke up... both boys plates are minus the chicken...

one plate had gravy... no gravy any where else such as the table or floor...

one plate had one bone left over, the other no bones in site...

no pets here... no one else bar the boys and i home... and no bones in the bins...

so where did the chicken go???

#2 FiveAus

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

A rat?

#3 -*meh*-

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (FiveAus @ 12/11/2012, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A rat?

but there is no mess... at all... and no bones... thats what is weird...

i thought maybe the boys had left the back door open and an animal had come in but again no mess and i thought the door was shut last night...

#4 MintyBiscuit

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

across the road? Tounge1.gif

could one or both of the boys have woken for a midnight snack?

#5 FiveAus

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

If one of my dogs had gotten in, believe me there'd be no mess.

#6 cameo

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

I don't know but that is the weirdest thing, it would drive me mental not knowing!!

#7 -*meh*-

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (HollyOllyOxenfree @ 12/11/2012, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
across the road? Tounge1.gif

could one or both of the boys have woken for a midnight snack?

i thought that... or even me having a late night snack and not remembering which is why i checked the bin for bones... but nudda! it is a truly odd monday morning weirdness...

#8 siemp

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

Have you checked the boys beds/bedrooms? Maybe the chicken got relocated?

#9 2 Gorgeous Girls

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

I would be going with some sort of rodent.

Maybe the bones are now hanging around their neck in victorious tribute to their late night pilage?

#10 Madnesscraves

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Did you ask the boys?

#11 -*meh*-

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Madnesscraves @ 12/11/2012, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you ask the boys?

*nods*

they said they have no idea... i even explained they wouldn't be in trouble if they did eat it...

#12 Squeekums Da Feral

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (FiveAus @ 12/11/2012, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If one of my dogs had gotten in, believe me there'd be no mess.

Same, be a better cleaning job than I could do lol.
My vote is aliens

#13 idle

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

That is truly bizarre and it would drive me nuts not knowing!

#14 Therese

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

How very weird.  Make sure you tell us when you find out what happened original.gif

#15 WYSIWYG

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Poltergeist. The chicken stealing poltergeist.

#16 Feral Becky

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hmmmm meh, parenting fail- fast food for dinner, plus leaving scraps on the table.

nno2.gif

wink.gif

#17 Feral like a Lemon

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Have you checked your fridge? Maybe you just don't remember putting it away.

#18 mumto3princesses

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

How weird.

Maybe it was the boys having a midnight snack and they just don't want to tell you. I would prefer to think that rather than a rat or an animal. Or a poltergeist for that matter.

I bought about 300g of ham one day (I put it in a plastic container that night before going to bed) and woke up in the morning to make the girls sandwiches and more than half of it was gone. But that was in the fridge so it had to be a person. They all swear they didn't eat it but I have caught DD2 gobbling down a handful of ham before so I think it was her.

#19 (feral)epg

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

I used to have a boyfriend who was on stillnox.  He regularly would get up at night and eat vast quantities and claimed to have absolutely no memory of it the next day.  After losing several whole tubs of connoisseur this way we broke up.

Could someone be sleep walking?  (but the bones missing is weird)

#20 Excentrique Feral

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

definitely aliens.

#21 -*meh*-

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

lol it is still an unknown...

i rang DP this morning who was at his house and joked "btw did you break in to my house and eat chicken?"...

so now it is an "unknown" perp!

I guess if aliens want to eat my chicken i will just have to accept it...

And LindsayMK... I know i brought it on myself with such woeful parenting!

#22 Feralishous

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

im voting aliens

#23 missjoads1234

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Im thinking ewwwww if you find it somewhere and eeeeek! if it was a rodant!!

Im thinking ewwwww if you find it somewhere and eeeeek! if it was a rodant!!

#24 ~iMum~

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Maybe it ran away to join the panty liner?

#25 ShopgirlX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (epg @ 12/11/2012, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After losing several whole tubs of connoisseur this way we broke up.

OK, that right there is what you call a deal breaker!! grin.gif

As for the chicken, that would do my head in.  I'm going to need to know if you ever work it out!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.