Mango Fudge

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PrincessPeach

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Does anyone have a recipie for Mango Fudge?

I've searched the inter-web & only come up with Mango Burfi, which despite the comments - is different.

I have had it, but the shop I used to buy it from doesn't make that flavour anymore, plus comming into Mango season, it will give me something else to make with the manogs that have gone past ripe!

#2 sir_mix-a-lot

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Stalking this thread...

#3 her mum

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

3 cups Sugar
1 cup Milk
3 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
1/2 cup Mango Puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Butter

Grease a square pan.
Mix together sugar, milk, corn syrup, mango and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and continue boiling - do not stir.
Boil til mix reaches 110c on a candy thermometer (or soft ball). Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and butter.
Cool to lukewarm. (43c)
Beat mix until it is very thick and loses some of its gloss. Pour into pan. Cut when firm.

#4 PrincessPeach

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Thank-you!!!!

#5 sir_mix-a-lot

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (PrincessPeach @ 12/11/2012, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank-you!!!!

+1

#6 Iliketoflounce

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

mmm I am hungry so going to make it original.gif

#7 Therese

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

My hips do not thank you wink.gif but I can't wait to make this original.gif

#8 her mum

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

You can also go the following, but this is 'fake' fudge, though it's quick, easy and tastes good!

340 grams white chocolate
80 grams copha
80 grams mango puree

Melt white chocolate and copha in the microwave, stirring regularly.
Add the mango puree and stir really well - it will look curdled and then come together.
Pour into a loaf pan.

This is really soft so needs to be stored in the fridge or freezer.

#9 her mum

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

You can also go the following, but this is 'fake' fudge, though it's quick, easy and tastes good!

340 grams white chocolate
80 grams copha
80 grams mango puree

Melt white chocolate and copha in the microwave, stirring regularly.
Add the mango puree and stir really well - it will look curdled and then come together.
Pour into a loaf pan.

This is really soft so needs to be stored in the fridge or freezer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.