Searching for Pat Rafter's Mum's Chocolate Cake Recipe

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 IsolaBella

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

OK Years ago my mum got from Women's Weekly (or one of those mags) a Chocolate Cake Recipe.

So desperately searching if someone has this hands.gif

No I don't know what it is so I can't help if something is similar. Mum lost her piece of paper grr and can't remember the details.

I just want to go from being Packet Cake Queen ph34r.gif  to a real baker  tongue.gif LOL!!!

#2 Lissome

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

I did some quick googling and a link came up to an old EB thread -

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=907037

It seems the OP in that link has the recipe, you could try and PM her?

#3 TheGreenSheep

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

I have tried to locate your recipe online, but google was not my friend today original.gif

However one I have been using lately and had a lot of success with and one you can sub in almond meal if you want gluten free is this one. Its very forgiving as I forgot the flour once and it still turned out beautifully and nobody noticed, it was really rich. Also you can double the recipe and cook it for 10 mins longer if you want it bigger or to serve more.

Easy Chocolate Cake
The Ingredients:

200g dark chocolate
180g unsalted butter
180g caster sugar
3 heaped tbsp plain flour
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Icing sugar for serving
To do:

Preheat the oven to 200° C.
Melt the chocolate, butter and sugar in a double boiler ( I do it in the microwave in short bursts) over a gentle heat, stirring often until the mixture is smooth then remove from the heat.
Add the flour and stir the mixture until smooth.
Add the vanilla and then eggs one at a time, beating the mixture well with a metal spoon after each addition.
Pour the mixture into a lined 20cm cake tin.
Bake the cake in the oven, centre shelf, for 15 mins, then turn the oven down to 150° C and bake for a further 30 mins.
To serve, turn the cake out of the tin and dust with icing sugar, or serve with whipped cream and raspberries.

#4 Pop-to-the-shops

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/simpl...cake-L7115.html

I used to make a version of this one growing up it works well.

#5 Montro

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I had this very recipe up until a couple of months ago.

It was in Australian Table or Good Taste magazine from quite some years ago and is actually called "Louise's Wicked Chocolate Cake" (Louise being his sister.)

Sorry for throwing it out, wish I'd kept it now.

I've searched the www.taste.com.au website but it wasn't there.

#6 Steggles

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Try this - http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/best-...cake-L3663.html so easy and so good!

#7 *LucyE*

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

This is a dead easy and yummy recipe.

#8 Bandj-15

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Here it is:

Patrick Rafter's Mother's chocolate cake

1.5c SR flour
1c sugar
4T cocoa
1t bi-carb
1t vanilla
1c milk
110g butter
2 eggs

Put all except eggs in bowl and beat for 2 min on medium.
Add eggs beat again.
Cook for 3/4 to 1 hr at 180deg C.

Icing

1.5c icing sugar
2T butter
1-2T milk

Good luck glad I could help out.

#9 IsolaBella

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thankyou very much!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.