Rekorderlig Cider

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 citylife

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Just wondering if anyone drinks these Im after some feedback and flavour recommendations thanks

#2 FeralBob!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'm not mad on them, as I find them a bit sweet, but I know lots of people who swear by them. My personal cider choice is Old Mout Boysencider

#3 glowlight

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

I love them!!! Pear is my fave.

#4 citylife

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Thanks for the replies.
Bobthekelpie I love sweet alcoholic drinks (such a lolly water drinker) so I am sure they would slide right down;)

#5 Kwyjibo

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Wild Berry flavour is lush.

And you can never go wrong with Pear.

#6 crazynuut

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

They're delicious! Especially the strawberry and lime one... yum!

#7 citylife

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Reading the replies I am sooo tempted to pop down to Dan Murphys to buy a bottle...........might just do that!!

#8 -*meh*-

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

I am not a cider drinker so i am a bit meh about it...

DP however loves them... especially the strawberry and lime...

#9 citylife

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

OK this might be a dumb question, byt here goes. I drink Strongbow is it like that just a lot sweeter??

#10 jai*

The strawberry and lime one is a Godsend original.gif

#11 Lazycow

I love the Mango and raspberry, and good old pear.

But my favourite has to be the winter cider....Apple, cinnamon and Vanilla wub.gif and best of all it can be drunk hot, sooooo good on a cold night cool.gif

#12 julzely

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

My thoughts on the flavours:
Pear: Has a milder flavour then some of the others.  I am quite a fan
Strawberry and Lime: Very sweet - I personally can't get through a full bottle
Apple and Blackcurrent: Tastes exactly like apple and blackcurrent juice.  I like it but don'typically buy it as I prefer others
Winterberry: Is basically a spiced apple flavour to me it tastes like mulled apple juice.  I'm a fan but i think it is either a like or don't like type flavour.
Mango and Raspberry: Not as sweet as Strawberry and Lime and I find very tasty.  It is my personal favourite
Apple: I haven't actually tried this buy I would expect it is like most apple ciders. I haven't brought this as my theory is if I want an apple cider I will buy a cheaper brand.

Hope that helps.

#13 citylife

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

That is a great help thanks julzely

#14 tickledpink72

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

I tried it for the first time last night.  The mango-raspberry one is heaven in a bottle.

#15 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

I like the pear one, with lots of ice.

Edited by Swahili, 14 November 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#16 Ingrid the Swan

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

I love the Strawberry and Lime, and the Winter cider. Both are lovely and sweet.

#17 Holidayromp

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Kwyjibo @ 14/11/2012, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wild Berry flavour is lush.

Second the wild berry ....

#18 EsmeLennox

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Strawberry and lime with heaps of ice on a hot day is awesome!

#19 Catolyn

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I find rekorderlig waaaay too sweet, I feel like my pancreas is seizing after half a bottle.

The boysencider as mentioned by BTK is a favourite of mine. It's quite tart but has a wonderful aftertaste. James Squire have just released a cider that tastes exactly like cloudy apple juice, but it's a bit hard to find.

#20 sarahjk

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hmmm, interesting to read others opinions.  I am not much of alcohol drinker and definitely like sweet over dry.  I enjoy a nice sweet cider but I tried one of these a few months ago (can't remember which flavour though) and found it to be so sickly sweet.  It was like drinking undiluted cordial with alcohol added!

#21 ellebelle

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

There's a new one out - orange and ginger - yum!

#22 bakesgirls

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

I only discovered the existence of Rekorderlig a few weeks ago. So far I think I have tried every flavour and love them all. Strawberry and Lime would have to be my favourite though.

#23 citylife

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Funnily enough the junk mail arrived and not in one but THREE catalogues there was this cider on special! I think this  was giving me a sign, so of course I went to my local Woolies and bought 3 bottles: Pear, Strawberry and Lime and Wild Berry am looking forward to trying one tonight and then will report back what I think. From the opinions on here of them being very sweet I think I will enjoy them as I like asti champanges and west coast wine coolers and moscato so these sound right up my alley. They didn't have the mango one but will keep en eye out for it if I like them. Thanks again for all the replies!

#24 AllyK81

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

I know this might not bother some, but I am pretty sure there's no actual fruit in these - I.e. just flavourings and such. To me, it's like wine not made from grapes. A bit unnatural IYKWIM.

I LOVE cider, but I always look for ones made with real fruit.

But I appreciate for most people this wouldn't be a consideration! original.gif

#25 i-candi

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

I don't mind it. I like the mango one and the pear one.

LOL google how Rekorderling is pronounced !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.